Page 1 of 1 [ 6 posts ] 

BetwixtBetween
Veteran
Veteran

02 May 2017, 7:55 pm

I can't be the only one excited about this. This was the book that sparked my great love affair with dystopian futures. I have such high hopes for this that I'm afraid there's no way Hulu can live up to them. I still intend to give Hulu a chance though.

I tried posting about Handmaid's Tale in the Television section, but nobody responded.

RandomFox
Toucan
Toucan

03 May 2017, 6:01 am

I'm in two minds about it - I really want to watch it BUT I know it will be massively uncomfortable for me to watch... but then again I found "Call the midwife" very uncomfortable and that wasn't really a dystopia :D

I remember telling my male friend that "I was going to watch a horror series tonight" and that was actually "Call the midwife"...

BetwixtBetween
Veteran
Veteran

03 May 2017, 6:08 am

Ha! It took multiple friends to convince me to watch Call the Midwife (because I didn't want to watch a bunch of women give birth, which I figured was all it would be about). Now I like that show because I've watched it and there's so much more to it than that. But yeah, the birthing scene(s) in Handmaid's Tale have been holding me back from watching it.

BetwixtBetween
Veteran
Veteran

31 May 2017, 9:07 pm

Just recently had an opportunity to start binge-watching. Still not up to date fully, but GUH, so good.

alpacka
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

01 Aug 2017, 11:06 am

Love that serie

BirdInFlight
Veteran
Veteran

01 Aug 2017, 11:22 am

In an odd sense, the 1950s and 60s East London of "Call the Midwife" was kind of dystopian -- on TV and in real life too, lol.

I've been watching the Handmaid's Tale on TV -- and I just missed the final episode!

It's very gripping -- but horrible, as a woman, to watch such a society.