Jesus seems to hate some things. Do you? Is hate good?

Page 3 of 3 [ 44 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3

BuyerBeware
Veteran
Veteran

20 Jul 2017, 5:23 pm

He wasn't advocating violence-- He was acknowledging that He was a controversial figure, He was apostate to the Temple, and choosing to follow Him wasn't exactly going to endear anyone to their family, friends, community... pretty much anyone outside the community of believers. Gotta respect the man for being willing to tell a bitter truth.

And yes-- sometimes hate IS good. I'm a big fan of warm fuzzy crunchy pro-social behavior. I really have tried to love everybody. And it's driven me insane. Seriously insane, almost to the point of psychosis (I don't hallucinate, but I have a hard time sorting out what is really going on sometimes now).

I'm not a big fan of spite, cruelty, or meanness. It's fair to say I hate things like genocide, and hate applied in that manner. But hating certain attitudes, behaviors, beliefs... hating the consequences they have for people... and sometimes the people who choose to indulge heavily in them... Yeah, I think that's normal and healthy and sane.

Sweetleaf
Veteran
Veteran

20 Jul 2017, 6:57 pm

How can a dead person hate anything?

GnosticBishop
Veteran
Veteran

24 Jul 2017, 1:46 pm

Empathy wrote:
[

Alright Love? :lol: Loving your hypnotic avatar.. now does Jesus hate things? Well, he crops up in all our Chirstian minds from different stargazing spectrums and times, and I hate the word hate, but yes, sometimes, hate is good if it is for a just cause.

My avatar is rather cute. Blush.

I believe that we default to doing good and loving things as our number one choice. All else would follow from that loving survival position being thwarted.

Hate, IOW, forms in us when we cannot love or that love is thwarted.

An example of this is Jesus and the money changers.

Most see hate in Jesus towards them, and I have no doubt that he did hate ate that point in time, but that hate was motivated by his love of the Temple and what it represented to him and his followers.

The Temple, IOW, was preaching or allowing evil and that is what Jesus hated as it was anti-love.

Regards
DL

GnosticBishop
Veteran
Veteran

24 Jul 2017, 1:53 pm

will@rd wrote:
Brainfre3ze_93 wrote:
Not entirely, what the verse is saying is that his words will cause division between people. Jesus's teachings were not exactly popular, and he is saying that if you follow me certain relationships will falter. (including familial relationships, remember many people who were followers of Jesus had Jewish backgrounds) Which is exactly what many family members of Jesus's disciples try to convince them that following Jesus wasn't worth it, and will keep them away from God. Even though they believe Jesus when he said he was the begotten son of God, and he is the way to God.

Precisely. And this entire thread is the result of people making assumptions based on simplistic popular impressions and hateful propaganda, without actually studying the source material they've chosen to ridicule.

Your simplistic assumption is not correct.

The Jesus in scriptures is definitely preaching hate.

Take his no divorce policy and his substitutionary punishment policy. Both policies are anti-love and quite immoral.

Care to try to enlighten me as to how I am looking at those policies wrong?

Show how it is good justice and morality to punish the innocent instead of the guilty.

Show how forcing people to remain in loveless or abusive relationships is good.

Keep it simple though. It seems you think I have a simplistic mind while I think you do.

Regards
DL

GnosticBishop
Veteran
Veteran

24 Jul 2017, 1:55 pm

Empathy wrote:
will@rd wrote:
And this entire thread is the result of people making assumptions based on simplistic popular impressions and hateful propaganda, without actually studying the source material they've chosen to ridicule.

I believe the OP artists impressions of 'highlighted propaganda', for a Jesus thread are rembrandted enough by the OP to have her/his suggestions heard, and not to be rechanelled nor segrated from layer upon layer of double scrutiny upon purely rhetorical means, to hard line a Jesus thread on this basis.

Thanks.

Regards
DL

GnosticBishop
Veteran
Veteran

24 Jul 2017, 1:58 pm

naturalplastic wrote:
GnosticBishop wrote:
naturalplastic wrote:
GnosticBishop wrote:
naturalplastic wrote:
Misslizard wrote:
He liked wine well enough.
Maybe wrath is a better word than hate.I like the wrathful Jesus that kicked the money changers out of the temple.

Yes. He got angry on occasions. But anger does not equal "hate".

True. That is why they are not described the same way.

What triggers the anger if not hate?

Please do not get semantic on me.

Regards
DL

I am not.

You ARE playing semantics.

I see you could not dither out an answer to my simple question.

Regards
DL

No need to answer it because obviously anger is not necessarily triggered by hate.

And stop projecting your own semantic games on me.

Not necessarily now is it? Rather semantic that.

Unless you have some suggestions, I suggest you find a less capable mind to try your idiocy on.

Regards
DL

GnosticBishop
Veteran
Veteran

24 Jul 2017, 2:06 pm

aghogday wrote:
" so, what's a Scientist and Artist of Human to do but hope, my friend, with perhaps a prayer for affirmation. Not likely hear but never the less; muse enough for somewhere else.

All seekers for answers can do is hope. That is what keeps Gnostic Christians going because Gnosis kills the faith of fools and that is all the religious, who are idol worshipers, like Christianity and Islam, have.

Regards
DL

GnosticBishop
Veteran
Veteran

24 Jul 2017, 2:09 pm

naturalplastic wrote:
Jesus got angry at the money lenders in the temple. Lost it.

Besides that I don't know of him getting angry.

The Old Testament God Jehovah was a much more angry, and vengeful, character than either Jesus, or Jehovah himself was in the New Testament. As Lewis Black suggested "maybe God took anger management classes" during the intertestament period, or maybe "the birth of his son calmed him down".

So comparatively speaking Jesus was lacking in hatefulness. And even God the Father was a nicer version of his former self (at least until you get to Revelations).

That would depend on your own moral sense.

I do not see much in terms of morality in what Jesus taught. Especially his no divorce policy and his substitutionary punishment policy. Both are quite satanic.

Regards
DL

GnosticBishop
Veteran
Veteran

24 Jul 2017, 2:14 pm

BuyerBeware wrote:
He wasn't advocating violence-- He was acknowledging that He was a controversial figure, He was apostate to the Temple, and choosing to follow Him wasn't exactly going to endear anyone to their family, friends, community... pretty much anyone outside the community of believers. Gotta respect the man for being willing to tell a bitter truth.

And yes-- sometimes hate IS good. I'm a big fan of warm fuzzy crunchy pro-social behavior. I really have tried to love everybody. And it's driven me insane. Seriously insane, almost to the point of psychosis (I don't hallucinate, but I have a hard time sorting out what is really going on sometimes now).

I'm not a big fan of spite, cruelty, or meanness. It's fair to say I hate things like genocide, and hate applied in that manner. But hating certain attitudes, behaviors, beliefs... hating the consequences they have for people... and sometimes the people who choose to indulge heavily in them... Yeah, I think that's normal and healthy and sane.

You seem to lack any confusion in this issue.

Hate is quite good if well controlled and directed.

Do not try to love everyone. Many do not deserve it. Love takes two and there are many that I would not want to get close enough to to love.

Regards
DL

GnosticBishop
Veteran
Veteran

24 Jul 2017, 2:15 pm

Sweetleaf wrote:
How can a dead person hate anything?

Dead??

God cannot die.

Regards
DL

aghogday
Veteran
Veteran

25 Jul 2017, 11:28 am

GnosticBishop wrote:
aghogday wrote:
" so, what's a Scientist and Artist of Human to do but hope, my friend, with perhaps a prayer for affirmation. Not likely hear but never the less; muse enough for somewhere else.

All seekers for answers can do is hope. That is what keeps Gnostic Christians going because Gnosis kills the faith of fools and that is all the religious, who are idol worshipers, like Christianity and Islam, have.

Regards
DL

Amen and
have a
nice day..:)

Gravatar is one of the coolest things ever!! !

http://en.gravatar.com/katiemiafrederick

GnosticBishop
Veteran
Veteran

25 Jul 2017, 1:00 pm

aghogday wrote:
GnosticBishop wrote:
aghogday wrote:

Regards
DL

Amen and
have a
nice day..:)

Thanks. Shall do.

Regards
DL