Page 3 of 3 [ 43 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3

friedmacguffins
Veteran
Veteran

11 May 2017, 1:40 pm

It would be an example of military Keynesianism -- in other words, to saddle your everyday, trouble-making, NT person with busywork and a meal ticket.

naturalplastic
Veteran
Veteran

12 May 2017, 7:44 pm

K_Kelly wrote:
So I guess WW3 is officially going to happen and I feel nauseous about dying. I always wanted to "get married and have kids" and all that but I guess I can't. I feel tricked. I never got to establish myself in the world.

I would rather die and see nothing, than go onto a second life. Seeing nothing may suck a little, but it seems a little better than living in another life.

Can anyone reassure me why WW3 won't happen or won't result in the annihilation of humanity?

WW3 isn't gonna happen. Not this summer anyway. The heads of states of the superpowers have been indulging in some brinkmanship of late, so tensions are rising. But they will soon back down. And the normal level of tension will resume.

K_Kelly
Veteran
Veteran

12 May 2017, 7:50 pm

naturalplastic wrote:
K_Kelly wrote:
So I guess WW3 is officially going to happen and I feel nauseous about dying. I always wanted to "get married and have kids" and all that but I guess I can't. I feel tricked. I never got to establish myself in the world.

I would rather die and see nothing, than go onto a second life. Seeing nothing may suck a little, but it seems a little better than living in another life.

Can anyone reassure me why WW3 won't happen or won't result in the annihilation of humanity?

WW3 isn't gonna happen. Not this summer anyway. The heads of states of the superpowers have been indulging in some brinkmanship of late, so tensions are rising. But they will soon back down. And the normal level of tension will resume.

Naturalplastic,what do you mean?

I even read a chilling report and it's also predicted to happen tomorrow.

naturalplastic
Veteran
Veteran

13 May 2017, 7:01 am

K_Kelly wrote:
naturalplastic wrote:
K_Kelly wrote:

Naturalplastic,what do you mean?

I even read a chilling report and it's also predicted to happen tomorrow.

You posted this yesterday. So "tomorrow" is now. Don't see any mushroom clouds outside my window.

jrjones9933
Veteran
Veteran

13 May 2017, 10:53 am

Probably too late to fix, but something which has the quality of being nauseous will make a person feel nauseated.

Gromit
Veteran
Veteran

16 May 2017, 12:47 pm

friedmacguffins wrote:
some bioagent that makes the men want to have sex with each other.
I did read that there was an attempt to develop such a weapon, but it failed. Gay in a spray doesn't exist. You can tell because if it did exist, someone would have stolen a few doses to apply to the Westboro Baptist Church at their next protest. It's just human nature. Nobody could resist that temptation.

Lintar
Veteran
Veteran

17 May 2017, 1:14 am

K_Kelly wrote:

World War Three is NOT going to happen, now or ever. How do I know this? Simple. The world as it existed and which allowed for the formation of block alliances (ex. Central Powers, Axis) that actively encouraged violent competition, arms races and the very atmosphere that allowed problems to fester until they blew up in everyone's faces in 1914 and 1939, no longer does. The so-called Cold War was a time when many like yourself also believed that it could at any moment occur, but even then it didn't. There were many close calls (ex. in Oct. of 1983 - Operation Able Archer), but even then we managed to keep things under control, and in the end the completely unexpected occurred to diffuse the whole situation.

A world war requires the pre-existence of the following:
1. At least two mutually antagonistic, highly industrialised alliances.
2. A prevalent belief, by those in control of at least one of the major nations within one of those alliances, that a war against the other side is actually winnable.
3. An absence of weapons that can actually end all life on earth.
4. An unwillingness, by the political establishment of one or more of those major nations, to actually resolve issues peacefully.
5. Even a major conflict (ex. between the U.S. and China) would not necessarily lead to a WORLD war, where virtually every nation on the planet gets involved.

So, stop worrying about this. People have been saying there will be another world war ever since the last one ended in 1945.

friedmacguffins
Veteran
Veteran

17 May 2017, 12:50 pm

friedmacguffins wrote:
some bioagent that makes the men want to have sex with each other.

Gromit wrote:
I did read that there was an attempt to develop such a weapon, but it failed. Gay in a spray doesn't exist. You can tell because if it did exist, someone would have stolen a few doses to apply to the Westboro Baptist Church at their next protest. It's just human nature. Nobody could resist that temptation.

friedmacguffins wrote:
(I) think that some of these are actually weapons, against morale.

Let's just say that illicit sex is also a universal temptation, according to human nature (without accounting for taste.)

But, you've been effectively propagandized, conditioned or brainwashed to just give up the good fight. Why try. The vaccination made you lose control, the devil made you do it, or your tinfoil hat fell off.

Then, what happens.

leejosepho
Veteran
Veteran

18 May 2017, 7:21 am

friedmacguffins wrote:
...effectively propagandized, conditioned or brainwashed to just give up the good fight. Why try. The vaccination made you lose control, the devil made you do it, or your tinfoil hat fell off...

Whew, we could sure have some great discussion there, and especially on the "Why try?" part!

ASPartOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

19 May 2017, 10:16 am

What I feared would happen is happining, the "resistance" from health care to special prosecutor is scoring some victories or more accurately Trump is handing it to them. They are understandably becoming more emboldened. The control freak is seeing things spinning out of his control, he is even reported to be raging at family. That does not change the fact that this person that is far less mature then my 6 year old nephew still controls the nuclear football.

I grew up during the cold war '60's when we had drills hiding under our desks, As a young adult I lived the the nuclear war fears and as it turns out some pretty close calls in the '80's. I have definitely developed skeptism of doomsday predictions because they never happened. Never have I wondered on a more continual basis if this moment, day or month is my last. As mentioned if something happens it probably will not resemble a traditional world war. I do not really give a f**k.

“My autism is not a superpower. It also isn’t some kind of god-forsaken, endless fountain of suffering inflicted on my family. It’s just part of who I am as a person”. - Sara Luterman

friedmacguffins
Veteran
Veteran

19 May 2017, 1:52 pm

friedmacguffins wrote:
...effectively propagandized, conditioned or brainwashed to just give up the good fight. Why try. The vaccination made you lose control, the devil made you do it, or your tinfoil hat fell off...

leejosepho wrote:
Whew, we could sure have some great discussion there, and especially on the "Why try?" part!

Discouragement can lose a war. So, it used to be called treasonous, sometimes. "Beat," unlucky losers were called seditious, and they would throw away the key.