Page 1 of 1 [ 5 posts ] 

DevilInPgh
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

04 May 2017, 1:41 pm

This guy claims to be a member of the disabled community, but just voted to remove our protections. He is an Uncle Tom and a Kapo rolled into one.

ASPartOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

04 May 2017, 3:03 pm

This is a generalized answer describing a common reason a disabled people or members of a discriminated against minority in general act against the interests of their particular discriminated against minority. It is not a comment on whether the Congressmen by his vote actually acted against the interests of disabled.

Autism Womens Network Facebook Post

Quote:
Internalized Ableism: “A practice where disabled people internalize the ideas and prejudices of society that see disability as ‘other’, as something undesirable, as tragic and as something to be shunned if not pitied. This in turn results in the disabled person loathing themselves…” --from DISABILITY RIGHTS BASTARD

Although some may disagree an Autistic saying Autism is a disability has not necessarily internalized ableism. If an autistic says autistics should not breed or autistics deserve to get the crap beaten out of them because they are rude they have most likely have internalized ableism. Internalized ablisism is often a lot more subtle then the examples I gave.

It is Autism Acceptance Month

“My autism is not a superpower. It also isn’t some kind of god-forsaken, endless fountain of suffering inflicted on my family. It’s just part of who I am as a person”. - Sara Luterman

Last edited by ASPartOfMe on 04 May 2017, 6:43 pm, edited 2 times in total.

rats_and_cats
Veteran
Veteran

04 May 2017, 3:13 pm

That's a little dramatic. He only voted to repeal Obamacare. It's not like he voted to throw disabled people out onto the streets to starve. That might sound like the same thing to you but it's not and I doubt the Trump Administration is going to ignore the people who depended on Obamacare. I believe he did say in his campaign that he had an idea for a program to replace Obamacare.

DevilInPgh
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

04 May 2017, 4:18 pm

rats_and_cats wrote:
That's a little dramatic. He only voted to repeal Obamacare. It's not like he voted to throw disabled people out onto the streets to starve. That might sound like the same thing to you but it's not and I doubt the Trump Administration is going to ignore the people who depended on Obamacare. I believe he did say in his campaign that he had an idea for a program to replace Obamacare.

That's nice, do you want to live in a state that uses the waiver he just voted for? Mast may have had his legs blown off, but he is NOT a member of the disabled community and never will be. TRICARE makes sure he never has to join.

K_Kelly
Veteran
Veteran

05 May 2017, 5:02 pm

Well, in that case, I guess I have a little internalized ableism myself.