OMG! I Can't Believe I'm Saying This!

Page 5 of 7 [ 99 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

GiantHockeyFan
Veteran
Veteran

17 May 2017, 12:26 pm

sly279 wrote:
Doesn't seeem to be many center women. Most are left leaning with a few right leaning like anegla. Atleast in the northwest which is more left leaning.

From what I can gather from my dating experiences, I would say that eHarmony has a good mixture of all beliefs although there is a slight lean towards (the Canadian version of) the right wing and OKCupid is so far to the left they fell off the map long ago. It seems every second OKcupid woman was bisexual, vegan, gluten-free, hates cars and while working in the arts seemed to have infinite $$$ to go to Maccu Picchu, Great Wall of China, Golden Gate Bridge and Eiffel Tower all within a year or so. In order words, there is a GOOD reason they are single.... or to suspect they are fake profiles.

Sabreclaw
Veteran
Veteran

17 May 2017, 12:41 pm

GiantHockeyFan wrote:
sly279 wrote:
Doesn't seeem to be many center women. Most are left leaning with a few right leaning like anegla. Atleast in the northwest which is more left leaning.

From what I can gather from my dating experiences, I would say that eHarmony has a good mixture of all beliefs although there is a slight lean towards (the Canadian version of) the right wing and OKCupid is so far to the left they fell off the map long ago. It seems every second OKcupid woman was bisexual, vegan, gluten-free, hates cars and while working in the arts seemed to have infinite $$$ to go to Maccu Picchu, Great Wall of China, Golden Gate Bridge and Eiffel Tower all within a year or so. In order words, there is a GOOD reason they are single.... or to suspect they are fake profiles.

I tend to identify with the moderate Left. The Right often pisses me off but the more extreme elements of the Left piss me off too. I guess I wouldn't fit in anywhere really.

cberg
Veteran
Veteran

17 May 2017, 1:03 pm

Sheesh how long before a guy needs a background check for a good cup of coffee?

Not that I countenance stuffy guys making their messy divorces even worse but seriously? I'm pretty sure there's no real-life equivalent of background checking people before you meet them. You might want to dismiss all your criteria & just find a guy you're cool with who likes cats.

-Gem Tos :mrgreen:

hurtloam
Veteran
Veteran

17 May 2017, 2:07 pm

nurseangela wrote:
I can't stop thinking about this. I think he picked Eharmony because women might be more trusting and looking to get married. I knew it was too good to be true - Doctorate and in his pictures he looked "rich". Probably thought it would attract a lot of women. I just got a weird feeling from him and that's why I didn't answer back - he made me uncomfortable. However, I was thinking of being nice and just sending a message thanking him for contacting me and the reason it wouldn't work. I'm glad that I didn't answer now.

I think that you can take a couple of positives from this experience.

1) your gut instinct was right. Trust your gut.
2) eHarmony seem to have strict rules and remove those who don't abide by them. This can hopefully reassure you that you're going to meet someone genuine.

Don't be too down about it. It's only been a few days. Maybe your right match will sign up tomorrow. You never know.

The_Face_of_Boo
Veteran
Veteran

17 May 2017, 2:54 pm

A real rich man with a decotorate doesn't need a dating site; be real ladies: if you are expecting to meet rich or very successful men on dating sites then you're being delusional.
Chances are that your best match might earn less than you.

hurtloam
Veteran
Veteran

17 May 2017, 3:07 pm

The_Face_of_Boo wrote:
A real rich man with a decotorate doesn't need a dating site; be real ladies: if you are expecting to meet rich or very successful men on dating sites then you're being delusional.

No they go to the Millionaire Matchmaker ;P Seriously if you haven't seen that show look it up. The host is scaaary!

The_Face_of_Boo
Veteran
Veteran

17 May 2017, 3:24 pm

hurtloam wrote:
The_Face_of_Boo wrote:

No they go to the Millionaire Matchmaker ;P Seriously if you haven't seen that show look it up. The host is scaaary!

Why do you want to kill my last remaining hopes in humanity? ;p

nurseangela
Veteran
Veteran

17 May 2017, 3:35 pm

The_Face_of_Boo wrote:

You didn't read what I posted. I didn't reply because he looked too rich and out of my league. I'm not kidding when I say I want an equal. I also can't have a Democrat - politics is too much a part of my life and just being around Democrats makes me physically ill. No offense to anyone. I've also lost a lot of friends because we were on opposite sides, so I know it's not just me. During the last 8 years (since Obama got in) the subject of politics has been a real problem. It's even been on the news how families, friendships and marriages are breaking up over politics. Eharmony does have that as a question. And some of the other questions you have to answer involve politics.

Your neurodiverse (Aspie) score: 83 of 200
Your neurotypical (non-autistic) score: 153 of 200 You are very likely neurotypical
Darn, I flunked.

The_Face_of_Boo
Veteran
Veteran

17 May 2017, 3:44 pm

nurseangela wrote:
The_Face_of_Boo wrote:

You didn't read what I posted. I didn't reply because he looked too rich and out of my league. I'm not kidding when I say I want an equal. I also can't have a Democrat - politics is too much a part of my life and just being around Democrats makes me physically ill. No offense to anyone. I've also lost a lot of friends because we were on opposite sides, so I know it's not just me. During the last 8 years (since Obama got in) the subject of politics has been a real problem. It's even been on the news how families, friendships and marriages are breaking up over politics. Eharmony does have that as a question. And some of the other questions you have to answer involve politics.

It was not aimed at you- it was just a general warning ;p.

seaweed
Veteran
Veteran

17 May 2017, 3:53 pm

cberg wrote:
Sheesh how long before a guy needs a background check for a good cup of coffee?

Not that I countenance stuffy guys making their messy divorces even worse but seriously? I'm pretty sure there's no real-life equivalent of background checking people before you meet them. You might want to dismiss all your criteria & just find a guy you're cool with who likes cats.

i tend to agree with you here...sure i have some preferences and attraction points if i am to construct some version of my ideal mate, but a construct is just that. it's not an actual person.

i guess some people prefer projections.
i hope those people find each other lol

nurseangela
Veteran
Veteran

17 May 2017, 8:09 pm

I found the answer to my problem of finding a Hunny - I should marry myself. Afterall, I want someone just like me - who better than ME! :mrgreen:

I MARRIED ME.COM

https://imarriedme.com/

FROM THE WEBSITE:

You Are Reason To Celebrate

A roadmap to positivity, our I Married Me kit has all you need to create your own ceremony, including a self-wedding ring, vows and daily affirmation cards.

A self-wedding is a symbolic ceremony–about reconnecting and staying connected with you. Wear the ring to remind you every day to LOVE YOURSELF.

Did you know that micro-moments of positivity add up, creating an upward spiral? Positive mental states can also be enhanced by affirmations and even reshape us over time. A daily practice can help you focus on the good and give you resources when life is tough.

You can be single or in a relationship. You can already be married. Have a ceremony for yourself, with a besty, for your entire wedding party or for a special occasion. Life is short, do stuff that matters.

Your neurotypical (non-autistic) score: 153 of 200 You are very likely neurotypical
Darn, I flunked.

The_Face_of_Boo
Veteran
Veteran

18 May 2017, 8:45 am

nurseangela wrote:
I found the answer to my problem of finding a Hunny - I should marry myself. Afterall, I want someone just like me - who better than ME! :mrgreen:

I MARRIED ME.COM

FROM THE WEBSITE:

A roadmap to positivity, our I Married Me kit has all you need to create your own ceremony, including a self-wedding ring, vows and daily affirmation cards.

A self-wedding is a symbolic ceremony–about reconnecting and staying connected with you. Wear the ring to remind you every day to LOVE YOURSELF.

Did you know that micro-moments of positivity add up, creating an upward spiral? Positive mental states can also be enhanced by affirmations and even reshape us over time. A daily practice can help you focus on the good and give you resources when life is tough.

You can be single or in a relationship. You can already be married. Have a ceremony for yourself, with a besty, for your entire wedding party or for a special occasion. Life is short, do stuff that matters.

:| Angela..... :cry:

Sabreclaw
Veteran
Veteran

18 May 2017, 12:27 pm

nurseangela wrote:

I MARRIED ME.COM

FROM THE WEBSITE:

Praise the Lord! We have been blessed with such generous people as to provide us with all the self-loving merchandise we need! I'm going to buy it all! :heart: :heart: :heart:

nurseangela
Veteran
Veteran

21 May 2017, 4:43 am

(Heavy sigh) Nothing is going right. Now they sent me a real cutie even though he's 9 yrs older than me. Has a Masters, several businesses, travels to places I've never even heard of. There has to be something wrong with this picture. He's just too cute for his age. His dog looks ordinary, and his clients and friends look ordinary. He sounds like he has a lot of energy and would expect you to do a lot of things with him. He said he went to culinary school to become a master chef just for fun that's not even his real job. Lord help me. He said one room in his house is just for all of his cookbooks. Doesn't sound like he'd appreciate my turkey sausage that I throw in the microwave. Another problem is he likes CNN and PBS. You know what that means. Probably should ban him to the "hidden" file. NEXT!

Darn, I flunked.

fakkau89
Raven
Raven

21 May 2017, 6:33 am

Does anyone know any tips on how to go about online dating a bit better, how to get conversation flowing. How to tell if she's interested, How to prepare for a meetup. Also any social sites or dating sites I may not have heard of that might be of help, generally the sites I've been on have a very low or possibly scammers instead of good conversationists or safe matching. Also how to set up your profile with things that will grab out at people and compel them to msg you. Any hints tips advice?

nurseangela
Veteran
Veteran

21 May 2017, 5:36 pm

Oh boy. Mr. Cutie just downloaded another picture of him in Tasmania. The only Tasmania I know is the Tasmanian devil. :mrgreen: There are pictures of him in Alaska, Chicago, Toronto, Montana, there are pictures of him with Cheyenne Indians, he's hanging with the chief of the Tyrone Tribe, Costa Rica, AND he has his own pool. Probably has more than one house. Cute dog. All I can say is it looks like he really gets around. Definitely out of my league - not to mention the Democrat problem. Next.

Darn, I flunked.