What kind of music do you like to listen to?

Page 1 of 1 [ 9 posts ] 

MSBKyle
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

06 May 2017, 3:28 pm

For me, I tend to listen to a lot of music from before I was born. I like a lot of 80s songs and music from the 60s and 70s. There are good songs from every decade. Even today, there is a new song once in awhile that I like. I tend to mostly like older music. I listen to music that most of my peers would not listen to. I can't stand rap music or whiny songs. Older music tends to have a pleasant beat or sound to it that makes me feel good. I've never been that much of a fan of modern music. Like I said, occasionally, I will hear a new song that is good. But for the most part, I like 20th century music.

JohnnyLurg
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

06 May 2017, 7:55 pm

I like a combination of classic rock, garage rock, punk, rock, grunge, alternative rock, folk, funk, R&B, reggae, hip-hop, and comedy/novelty music, mostly from the 60s to the 90s.

JamiLynn
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

09 May 2017, 12:07 am

I have a very eclectic taste for music - at least I think so. I really like instrumental music: symphonies, orchestral, even instrumental soundtracks from movies and TV shows. I also like J-Pop/Rock and K-Pop and soundtracks from older animes. One very good example that I've been replaying recently is Kenji Kawai's "Reincarnation," the original song that inspired Ghost In the Shell's iconic "Making of Cyborg" theme:

SnailHail
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

11 May 2017, 1:00 pm

I listen to trip hop, downtempo, glitch hop, instrumental/abstract/experimental hip hop, alternative hip hop, rap, electronica, IDM, dub, drum n bass, breakbeat, deep house, soul house, lounge, chill-out, funk, nu-jazz, acid-jazz, jazz-funk, neo soul, R&B, ambient, synthwave, trip rock, post rock, progressive rock, electronic rock, jazz rock, hard rock, shoegaze, neo-psychedelia, melodic death metal, progressive metal, black metal, gothic metal, power metal, symphonic metal, industrial metal, trance metal, avant garde metal, christian metal, nu metal, metalcore, djent, crust punk, ska, Japanese House & Disco, JROCK, J-POP, Japanese hip hop, electric swing, orchestra/score, score hybrids like electronic rock and metal, indie pop, art pop, synthpop, electropop, dream pop, shibuya-kei, indietronica, folktronica, and a couple of other genres are what I listen to. I like listening to videogame, anime and cartoon soundtracks as well.

Artist and music I like most are those that are experimental or mix different genres together. They usually make the best stuff in my opinion. I also prefer listening to dark and edgy music, so I listen to trip hop most of the time and some black avant garde metal songs.

I use to not like rap until I found it in other genres like trip hop, electronic and dub. The rappers in those genres resonate more with me and don't talk about the gangsta life, encouraging materialism, and bragging about how they're better than you. Also little to no swearing from them so I can play it out loud and not get in trouble for it. They aren't "conscious" rappers either because I find it annoying since they talk to you like you're brainwashed by the mainstream, they're incredibly preachy, it is always the same subject about being "woke" and the delivery is barely done clever so it feels like they're just telling me upfront.

ASPartOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

11 May 2017, 5:25 pm

New Wave/Synthpop/Postpunk 1978 to 1988 or so
Classic Rock especially 1960's and 1970's
1980 and 1990's Alternative Rock
A lot of 1960's top 40
1960's Garage/Frat Rock

“My autism is not a superpower. It also isn’t some kind of god-forsaken, endless fountain of suffering inflicted on my family. It’s just part of who I am as a person”. - Sara Luterman

StephenBeets679895
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

12 Jun 2017, 12:27 am

Here are SOME of the genres/styles of music I listen to:

Vaporwave, Synthwave, Retrowave, Synth Pop, Techno, most forms of Trance (includes uplifting and classic Trance musics), Soundtracks (both video game and movie), Royalty-Free/Indie musics, Ambient/Space music (like what's played on Hearts of Space), World musics (includes most kinds of traditional music like Georgian and Armenian folk songs and Celtic music), Chiptunes, Hard Rock, Progressive Rock, Neue Deutsch Harte (think Rammstein for this one), some Rap Rock, some early Hip Hop (like Afrika Bambaataa and the Chemical Brothers), Trip Hop, Chillwave, Chill Hop, some Jazz, Swing and other pre-Rock musics, Light Rock, IDM (like Kettel, Aphex Twin and Wagon Christ/Luke Vibert), '70s Classic Rock (who DOESN'T like this! I have yet to meet anyone who genuinely hates Classic Rock!! Includes Pink Floyd and Genesis with and without Peter Gabriel), '80s Rock and Pop, a little Country (try Johnny Cash and some early Willie Nelson for this, not the crap that tries to pass itself off these days as Country) and some Classical music (Bach, Beethoven, Vivaldi, Mozart, Tchaikovsky, whatever can be placed here that pre-dates every other kind of modern music played today).

In no way are any of these in any particular order and this is just a partial list for convenience.

paintmepink
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

24 Jun 2017, 7:46 am

MSBKyle wrote:
For me, I tend to listen to a lot of music from before I was born. I like a lot of 80s songs and music from the 60s and 70s. There are good songs from every decade. Even today, there is a new song once in awhile that I like. I tend to mostly like older music. I listen to music that most of my peers would not listen to. I can't stand rap music or whiny songs. Older music tends to have a pleasant beat or sound to it that makes me feel good. I've never been that much of a fan of modern music. Like I said, occasionally, I will hear a new song that is good. But for the most part, I like 20th century music.

OP I completely agree with you.

Sweetleaf
Veteran
Veteran

25 Jun 2017, 7:58 pm

Mostly metal as I am a metalhead....but I do love some oldschool music like Pink Floyd, The Doors, Alan Parsons project, Fleetwood Mac, ect. Also I like some newer random music like neo-psychedelia and some interesting kind of electronic type swing music people have been playing.

nick007
Veteran
Veteran

Location: was Louisiana but now Vermont in the police state called USA

26 Jun 2017, 4:16 am

I like 70s, 80s, 90s, pop, country, comedy, soft rock, glam rock, classic rock, some alternative rock, grunge, punk, ska, emo, & some celtic.

"Hear all, trust nothing"
~Ferengi Rule Of Acquisition #190
https://memory-alpha.fandom.com/wiki/Ru ... cquisition