Page 2 of 3 [ 35 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Alita
Veteran
Veteran

18 Jun 2017, 8:17 pm

SharkSandwich211 wrote:
Nope. I have no business behind a microphone. Every once in a while when I am playing guitar I will catch myself singing some of the notes and actually matching them. It's a great feeling and cool experience when my voice and guitar are making the same vibrations but this this happens infrequently.

I once sang a karyoke song and the bar area cleared out and went outside for a smoke and some fresh air. :cry: :(

Karaoke is hard to sing along to, I've found. I was in a competition once with a girl who couldn't sing at all and she beat me because I didn't understand how the damn thing worked and kept missing notes or whatever.

Campin_Cat
Veteran
Veteran

18 Jun 2017, 8:34 pm

Yes, I LOVE to sing, and wish I could sing, MORE, for fun; but I live in an apartment, and don't have a motor vehicle, anymore.....

Apparently, I can sing at least half-way decently, cuz I've sung in the church choir my whole life, growing-up, and we had to audition. My whole family sings----and, one of my sisters and I used to sing on a Gospel radio show.

C2V
Veteran
Veteran

20 Jun 2017, 5:27 am

I can't speak / vocalize well enough unfortunately. Generally, if you have troubles speaking, you'll have even more trouble singing. I wish I could sing. It's something I have always wished I could do.

crystaltermination
Veteran
Veteran

20 Jun 2017, 10:34 am

I love to sing, but only when I'm by myself. :) I don't have that good a voice and my vocal chords are in no way trained for singing, but I love music so I make do.

guitarman2010
Veteran
Veteran

21 Jun 2017, 10:33 pm

I sing when I play guitar

nick007
Veteran
Veteran

Location: was Louisiana but now Vermont in the police state called USA

26 Jun 2017, 4:28 am

No because I sing like an amputee. I cant hold a note & cant carry a tune.

"Hear all, trust nothing"
~Ferengi Rule Of Acquisition #190
https://memory-alpha.fandom.com/wiki/Ru ... cquisition

Mr.Robot
Veteran
Veteran

26 Jun 2017, 6:43 am

Not in the slightest!

This_Amoeba
Veteran
Veteran

06 Jul 2017, 2:05 pm

I used to sing and was pretty good at it, then something inside of me died, so I stopped singing and eventually lost my voice

rvacountrysinger
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

08 Jul 2017, 6:54 pm

I don't have an amazing voice, but I believe I have a pleasant voice. I also like to Yodel as well as sing. I write quite a few songs too.

Redxk
Veteran
Veteran

08 Jul 2017, 11:16 pm

I had nine years of vocal training and competed at the state level. But just like any bodily discipline, if you don't use it you lose it. Today my voice is only a shadow of what it was. Depression broke my will to continue.

Victor1985
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

13 Jul 2017, 3:31 pm

No. I can't sing. It doesn't stop me though, and drinking a lot of alcohol seems to improve my performance.

CharityGoodyGrace
Veteran
Veteran

16 Jul 2017, 3:12 am

I'd love to make an album about autism with all of you guys who make albums, or sing, or write songs, or whatever. It can be an activist album. Yes, I can sing, when I'm in the right mood... other times I can't, but I can sing a lot of types of stuff... I sang on the psych ward while pacing and everyone was like "Wow, you should be on TV..." that's actually what one guy I'd had a fight with on the ward said... he risked saying "I know we have our differences, but you sure can sing." He then said the TV thing and said my mom, who thinks my singing is crap, had more problems than I did.

Victor1985
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

18 Jul 2017, 7:18 pm

I dont really sing much, but these days all of my stimming activity is vocal in nature. Its all about feeling my vocal chords and tongue vibrate; I'll moo like a cow, warble, croon...its all good. I couldn't sing to save my life, but I do have a talent for mimicking the rap songs I listen to, I've been told its uncanny. Rap is great as it has loads of hard consonants, they feel good on my teeth.

rvacountrysinger
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

22 Jul 2017, 11:33 am

1stSauce
Toucan
Toucan

24 Jul 2017, 11:07 am

I love to triple track my vocals and harmonise

Ganondox
Veteran
Veteran