Veteran
Veteran

06 May 2017, 4:22 pm

Do you sing for fun?

BetwixtBetween
Veteran
Veteran

06 May 2017, 4:32 pm

Yes, and yes. I can sing, and I sing for fun. In fact Karaoke is a good bonding experience with NT friends. I just wish it could happen outside of bars. Or maybe in juice bars instead. I've heard that in some places they put Karaoke in bowling allies and/or arcades. That sounds awesome to me, as long as each is at least partitioned off from the other so the noise, lights, etc. don't become too much.

JohnnyLurg
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

06 May 2017, 10:17 pm

I've been singing and recording my songs since I was a teenager. I'm not a great singer in the traditional sense though because of my monotone voice.

DancingCorpse
Veteran
Veteran

06 May 2017, 11:57 pm

I am gradually teaching myself, in around a decade I might be half decent enough to desire to voice my various melodies and structures and snatches of songs and musicals I have always had clanging about but never had the confidence or energy to explore far enough to slot together, I like the guitar and piano but have lots more musical textures I intend to stumble around within.

whatamievendoing
Veteran
Veteran

07 May 2017, 11:01 am

Yes, I can in fact sing. I've sung the vocals on all of my own songs, and I occasionally like to go to the local karaoke bar and sing a few tunes.

Glflegolas
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

07 May 2017, 4:19 pm

Yes, I certainly can. I have an amazing talent for learning song lyrics really fast. I'll usually be able to sing a song after having heard it 5-10 times, if not sooner. I must know the lyrics to at least 50 songs off the top of my head. The only difficulty is that I don't have a sense of rhythm, so I tend to be off the beat sometimes...

Myers-Briggs personality: The Commander
Asperger's Quiz: 79/111, both neurodiverse and neurotypical traits present. AQ score: 23 Raads-r score: here

Beansie
Butterfly
Butterfly

08 May 2017, 8:11 pm

Yes, but I'm a lot better when I sing regularly, not like how you sing in choir.

Alita
Veteran
Veteran

19 May 2017, 10:00 am

I LOVE to sing :heart: :heart: :heart:

TheSilentOne
Veteran
Veteran

19 May 2017, 11:32 am

I sing all the time. I was in chorus in school and I took voice lessons for over five years.

Britte
Veteran
Veteran

29 May 2017, 4:25 pm

Yes, I can...and do. Singing has always been an ever-present part of my existence...

IdahoRose
Veteran
Veteran

30 May 2017, 1:09 am

I'm a horrible singer, but that doesn't stop me from belting out showtunes in the shower (and even using the detachable shower head as a mic!)

ariannegarcia214
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

30 May 2017, 4:54 pm

I love to sing :) my meds help out a lot too with processing audio, so I've gotten better since I've been on them.

248RPA
Veteran
Veteran

30 May 2017, 5:02 pm

Yes I sing. I just refuse to do it in front of anybody.

MarilynNotroe
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

15 Jun 2017, 12:23 am

Yes! I'm very lucky to have perfect pitch, so singing is a very fun way for me to bring focus to something that is other than what's on my mind. I am classically trained, have sung in two orchestra choruses and just completed singing chorus in a fully staged professional opera! I'm really proud of my accomplishments, and singing is something I have used to bond with my younger brother who has a more severe form of autism than I do. Singing in chorus has helped me socially over the years as well :)

SharkSandwich211
Toucan
Toucan

15 Jun 2017, 5:32 am

Nope. I have no business behind a microphone. Every once in a while when I am playing guitar I will catch myself singing some of the notes and actually matching them. It's a great feeling and cool experience when my voice and guitar are making the same vibrations but this this happens infrequently.

I once sang a karyoke song and the bar area cleared out and went outside for a smoke and some fresh air. :cry: :(

nineinchnailsfan93
Raven
Raven

15 Jun 2017, 11:18 am

Sure can, here's my newest album I made

https://tylorvaughan.bandcamp.com/album/unbound