30 Jul 2017, 8:21 pm

Yes.

Through other people's eyes

Autism FAQs http://www.wrongplanet.net/postt186115.html

Kiki1256
Veteran
Veteran

03 Nov 2017, 11:58 pm

Sort of. Non-singers day I sing really well, but compared to theater and music people I'm not that good. I don't sing well enough to perform. I wish I did, since music is my special interest.

Thinking of taking voice lessons...

SabbraCadabra
Veteran
Veteran

06 Nov 2017, 10:21 am

I love to sing, but my Sjogren's Syndrome + LPR makes it difficult. A few years ago, I started doing research, paid more attention to my diet, and got my LPR mostly under control, and my voice has improved immensely. It makes me cringe to listen to old recordings of how bad my voice used to be >_<

Though I certainly wouldn't consider myself that great of a singer either way, and I wish my range were a little bit wider, but at least I can stay in key without the help of autotune, so in a sense I'm a better singer than most of today's chart-topping artists :roll:

C2V wrote:
Generally, if you have troubles speaking, you'll have even more trouble singing.

Not necessarily, there are people like Scatman John who had a stuttering problem, but could sing fine. I am similar, though I don't really know how bad I stutter, since nobody ever says anything about it. Also, for me, singing is easier than speaking, because I have a "script" to follow...which also means I'm not very good at ad-libbing =)

CharityGoodyGrace wrote:
I'd love to make an album about autism with all of you guys who make albums, or sing, or write songs, or whatever. It can be an activist album.

I actually have one song I wrote specifically about autism (well, it's hidden behind metaphores anyway). It's...uh...kind of angry =)

Muziek
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

06 Nov 2017, 3:44 pm

No, I have a terrible voice! When I start to sing, I will definitely get sued. :mrgreen:

As a musical term for sure, "the '80s" imply the late '70s and early '90s. You can think of them as tapers of this golden decade.