Does anyone else like to build stupid houses on the Sims?

Page 1 of 2 [ 21 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

aikoinazuma
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

07 May 2017, 12:10 am

I'll admit that I like to build stupid and weird houses on the Sims. I have the Sims 2 and I think it's funny to stick the toilet in the kitchen or the dishwasher in the bedroom, for example. I built a house one time that had hedges instead of walls to seperate the rooms. Another house I currently have is where there is one of those dance hall lights that spins images on the ground and the room has a leaky sink and a pinball machine in there so people are break dancing on dishwater and playing pinball next to a pile of trash. Sometimes I'll take dishes from my messier Sims and toss them onto the lawn so in a couple of days you have stacks of cups, dishes, cans, etc. all over the place. I put several beds out on the lawn on another property and they only have a shed for their kitchen/bathroom/garbage dump (mega sleepover, LOL). One house I built long ago was sort of like a Legend of Zelda maze/dungeon complete with toilets, sinks and showers all over inside. It's also funny to stick a BBQ inside the house (don't put it next to something flammable) or put a tree/bush in the house (I had a flower garden right next to a computer desk one time). Or, build a house with tons of wall lights all over it so it looks like a spaceship. Paint it weird colors (or put aluminum siding on the inside and wallpaper on the outside of the house) or have a clown looking house with a Goth interior (and then fill it with garbage). It just gets insane, I tell you.

Kiriae
Veteran
Veteran

07 May 2017, 12:01 pm

OMG. I don't.
But it sounds funny. I might try it next time.

IdahoRose
Veteran
Veteran

14 May 2017, 5:14 pm

My brother used to joke that I spent more time designing my sims' houses than actually playing the game. He's not wrong about that. :o I never made anything weird though.

JohnnyLurg
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

15 May 2017, 8:30 pm

I play The Sims 2 a lot too, but I always use Maxis-made houses and focus much more on making characters and gameplay. I don't even think I've made a house of my own in over a decade.

lostonearth35
Veteran
Veteran

04 Jun 2017, 1:59 pm

I like my houses to "go" with my Sims' personality's and interests. This is especially important in The Sims 3 where they have favorite colors and music and stuff, and I want them to be happy and successful more than tormenting them. I think I may actually care about them more than I do about most real people. But it's not like I have real children or a spouse to worry about neglecting like some other Simmers do.

Building a house from scratch takes a lot of time and effort, and adding basements and second floors make me nervous because of where I have to put the stairs. Creating a family from scratch is a lot of effort too, although I prefer that since most of the pre-existing families are so boring. By the time I'm finished with both at least a couple of hours have passed and I'm too tired to do much else other than save my game for later.

Blindwolf
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

05 Jun 2017, 12:48 am

I tended to make really bad houses because either my sims had a tough time affording anything, or I'd just make something that gave them their needs. It usually looked pretty horrible! I deleted some of my walls to save money, so it was all one room. That was back in sims 1.

I tried to hold a party in my tiny back yard. Sims could come, but for some reason couldn't work the gate to leave, so they all died. So I had an ugly house with a graveyard in the back, oops!

These days i tend to use the premade houses because my designs are a crime against sims. :D

Sweetleaf
Veteran
Veteran

05 Jun 2017, 1:08 am

I have enjoyed sims games, but I mostly focus on character creation....I mean like I have never gotten very far in the game I just play around with things and it can be kind of entertaining. But yeah I find the character creation and changing their clothes to be the most entertaining thing in the game. And sometimes I like to create weird senerios....like I had a couple that where brother and sister and I had them sleeping in the same bed initally till I could add another room on and then after that I had the guy find a girlfriend...and caused a semi-friendly relation between her and the sister. Also I like to play around with making characters gay, like I was playing one where I made a male and female couple and then had the guy going to sleep around with the male neighbor like he was cheating on his girl because he was actually gay. That was kind of a fun senerio with how the other sims reacted and such.

But yeah whenever I play I mostly just screw around with random stuff, I don't usually complete missions or things that make you progress in the game....mostly just playing around.

komamanga
Veteran
Veteran

05 Jun 2017, 2:42 am

Sims was my childhood obsession and I sometimes play it now too, and yet I've never done such a thing, what a shame as it sounds so much fun!
On the other hand I imagine your sims must go mental living in places like that :D

1stSauce
Toucan
Toucan

25 Jun 2017, 10:58 am

OMG I loved this game in high school.

aikoinazuma
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

12 Jul 2017, 10:55 pm

komamanga wrote:
Sims was my childhood obsession and I sometimes play it now too, and yet I've never done such a thing, what a shame as it sounds so much fun!
On the other hand I imagine your sims must go mental living in places like that :D

That's putting it mildly. To be honest I expected that people here on WP would have done crazier stuff but I guess most people are pretty tame when it comes to being weird on the Sims.

As far as making families goes, I've made just as weird families as I did houses. Here are some of the families I have made:

Pirate family (like Captain Jack Sparrow as a family member)
A family full of Dilbert clones (everyone looks like a fratboy Dilbert)
A family that had mostly hula girls as members (personalities opposite of Dilbert drones)
A WWF/WWE family (imagine Stone Cold and the Rock living together)
A family with people who have funny names and were basically thrown together at random (one of the member's names is Grapy Tomatoes).
One family (named "Schoolgirl") consists of Mash and Thrasher (known as the Headbangers in the WWE), "George Bush", Lincoln, some random gal and a Mall Cop looking guy with a hipster mustache (one of my funnier families)

Actually, come to think of it, most of my families and my Sims neighborhood look like something out of Mad Max anyways! It's addicting, that's for sure. :mrgreen:

TheSpectrum
Veteran
Veteran

25 Jul 2017, 7:17 pm

I literally spent most of my time on the Sims making my houses bizarre death traps, with tasks the Sims had to perform in order to get rewarded with basic levels of comfort and survival like food, sleep, or the bathroom.

Campin_Cat
Veteran
Veteran

29 Aug 2017, 9:06 pm

I have no idea, even, how to PLAY the Sims game (I know that if you don't send them to the bathroom, they'll go right where they're standing, and there'll be a puddle, and they'll shake their fist at you LOL)! ! I spent ALL my time, on there, building houses, and decorating them----but, I didn't build anything weird (I put a bush in one, one time, just to see if it would "take", and it did; but, then I took it out)----I've just always liked Interior Design / Decorating. I've been drawing interior designs, for at least 30 years, off-and-on----and, I actually made a little money, years ago, decorating people's houses.

A friend of mine showed me the game, and I LOVED it cuz I saw all the decorating, I could do. She used to actually PLAY it, and it just blew my mind, because I thought it was just so incredibly boring!! LOL I'd LOVE to have another one, on this computer, though.

StampySquiddyFan
Veteran
Veteran

29 Aug 2017, 9:37 pm

I've been playing The Sims a lot recently, though I haven't made any weird homes! Stampy Cat played The Sims once :D .

Hi! I'm Stampy (not the actual YouTuber, just a fan!) and I have been diagnosed professionally with ASD and OCD and likely have TS. If you have any questions or just want to talk, please feel free to PM me!

Current Interests: Stampy Cat, AGT, and Medicine

Keladry
Veteran
Veteran

30 Aug 2017, 8:58 pm

I used to make a family with 8 people, and build a mega house with bare bones everything as they couldn't afford anything :) It was fun trying to manage all 8 people. That was Sims 1.

Now I play Sims 3, and I don't even bother giving them walls...just set their personality to "loves nature" and they will happily sleep outside, cook outside, paint outside, and do anything except for the restroom :D :D :D The only room in my "house" is the bathroom :D

StampySquiddyFan
Veteran
Veteran

30 Aug 2017, 9:13 pm

Poor Sims :lol: ^^^^^

I now have 5 Sims, and one is a baby called Madilyn.

Hi! I'm Stampy (not the actual YouTuber, just a fan!) and I have been diagnosed professionally with ASD and OCD and likely have TS. If you have any questions or just want to talk, please feel free to PM me!

Current Interests: Stampy Cat, AGT, and Medicine

BirdInFlight
Veteran
Veteran

30 Aug 2017, 9:48 pm

Yes! I once managed to make a house that "floated" in mid-air -- I built a 2-story then deleted the ground floor walls.

It was years ago so I don't recall if there was anything special I had to do to make the builder tools let me take out those walls underneath. I called it the Cloud family as their house had the illusion of floating in the air. There was a staircase outside leading up to the second floor which was their only floor (as you can't build a third floor).