Page 1 of 1 [ 4 posts ] 

Glflegolas
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

07 May 2017, 6:30 am

Back when I was a kid, I didn't watch much TV. Most of the stuff on there sucks anyways. However, there was one program on the Discovery channel that I enjoyed far more than most -- MythBusters, if you haven't guessed from the topic's name.

Here's the intro to Season 8, Episode 1, just for fun, and also because the old theme song is amazing.

My favourite episode was probably the Underwater Car one, as I think this could really prove to be very useful knowledge if you ever did end up in that situation, although who can forget the cement truck explosion? The sound of that never gets old.

Of the MythBusters, my favourite was Jamie Hyneman; he just seemed to always know what to do, never panicked, and tended to come up with simple, yet ingenious solutions to problems when designing experiments. However, all the personalities were nice, because they were so different one from another.

And here are my favourite quotes from the show:
*I reject your reality and substitute my own! -Adam
*When in doubt, C4! -Jamie

What are your favourite MythBusters stories and episodes?

Myers-Briggs personality: The Commander
Asperger's Quiz: 79/111, both neurodiverse and neurotypical traits present. AQ score: 23 Raads-r score: here

RetroGamer87
Veteran
Veteran

07 May 2017, 7:30 am

I quite like this show.

Meistersinger
Veteran
Veteran

07 May 2017, 12:14 pm

Considering that I used to be owned by 3 of them, putting a bloodhound's nose to the test.

snollygoster
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

12 May 2017, 3:10 pm

I got the chance to meet Adam Savage in person during that Brain Candy Live tour with Michael Stevens. At one point he started talking about the "cereal box nutrition myth" and an experiment that never aired on the show.
So the myth was that sugary cereal is worst for you than the box it comes in. They set up 3 mouse cages to test this. Can A was given regular mouse food. Cage B was given the same amount of sugar cereal. Cage C was given food made of the cereal box. After a few days, all three cages seemed to be doing fine. On Friday, nothing suspicious was going on and the automatic food despensers were working alright so the mice were left in the lab for the weekend. All three cages started off with 3 mice in them. The three mice in cage A were doing well. The three mice in cage B were alright. There was one very fat mouse left in cage C. 8O Adam said they took this mouse, named him "Killer", and fed him to Jamie's pet snake.