Page 1 of 5 [ 66 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

BetwixtBetween
Veteran
Veteran

07 May 2017, 10:20 am

Maybe this can be inspirational. Maybe it'll just serve as a reminder. Maybe we could even share stuff that works until the robots take over the cleaning for us (oh happy day). Use this thread to post when you clean something or organize something. Post when you clean an item or an entire room. Post when you throw all those newspapers in the recycling bin. Post when you organize all your rocks or bugs into display cases. Post when you find a closet system that works. Post when you vacuum your entire living space or just your living room.

I'll start. Today I cleaned the kitchen floor and put my laundry away.

lostonearth35
Veteran
Veteran

07 May 2017, 11:37 am

This was yesterday but I cleaned out the bathroom sink, the toilet and the bathtub, and I did most of the laundry, and I just put the rest of the laundry in the dryer.

KyleTheGhost
Veteran
Veteran

07 May 2017, 3:04 pm

Does cleaning off a spot on my glasses count?

IstominFan
Veteran
Veteran

07 May 2017, 7:59 pm

I cleaned up in my bathroom, bedroom and computer room yesterday.

Raleigh
Veteran
Veteran

08 May 2017, 12:05 am

What?
it would be more sensible to post when I'm not cleaning something.

BetwixtBetween
Veteran
Veteran

14 May 2017, 4:18 pm

Cleaned the bathroom and the guest room.

Kitty4670
Veteran
Veteran

14 May 2017, 6:27 pm

Yesterday I took out alot of trash & a few boxes, but I ended up having an anxiety attack & my foot was badly hurting. I wish I can clean without getting pain.

IdahoRose
Veteran
Veteran

16 May 2017, 12:07 am

Swept my floor and put away my clothes

justkillingtime
Veteran
Veteran

16 May 2017, 6:07 pm

cleaned clothes

jrjones9933
Veteran
Veteran

16 May 2017, 6:17 pm

I swept. Maybe I'll mop.

rats_and_cats
Veteran
Veteran

16 May 2017, 9:02 pm

I did a bunch of things today!
*Got all unnecessary stuff off my floor and where it belongs
*Set aside a bunch of stuff to donate (will never be donated by my mom even though she said she would so I might have to load it into the car and drive to Goodwill myself one day this summer)
*Organized my plush collection; I collect plushes from zoos and theme parks, as well as Giant Microbes and My Little Ponies. The latter two now have a designated space on top of my bookshelf. The other ones are in compartments but at least they're not in the boxes I put them in when we moved here
*Sorted through my books and filled a decent sized box to donate. Now all my books have a place.

I still have to go through my knicknacks and unsold photo prints and frames, which along with stuff my family wants to keep in my room take up the bulk of my clutter right now, but at least my room looks more like a room and less like an example of the first stage of hoarding disorder.

lostonearth35
Veteran
Veteran

18 May 2017, 1:05 pm

I cleaned up the pieces of the door I smashed and the hair I chopped off my head after one having the worst rage in a long time yesterday. And then I pinned a couple of towels on each side of the door to cover up the huge hole I made in it. :(

Of course, if the door hadn't been hollow and made of a very thin, flimsy material, I might not have made so much damage to it. It was a new door. All the other doors in my apartment are much older, quite solid and sturdy. They're from back when they actually built things to last, so go figure. :roll:

I also have to get the garbage ready to take out tomorrow. Also this the week we recycle , so I have to make sure anything I want recycled are in in the blue bags when I take them out, too. And then there's the one chore that never gets completely finished, and that's washing my dishes. Ugh! :x

Kitty4670
Veteran
Veteran

18 May 2017, 8:20 pm

This was yesterday, I did laundry, it took me 8 hours, 3 loads of clothes, towels & blanket, I had to dry two of the same load twice :( :roll:

rats_and_cats
Veteran
Veteran

18 May 2017, 8:37 pm

Kitty4670 wrote:
I had to dry two of the same load twice :( :roll:

Sometimes this happens if you put too many clothes in the dryer. Maybe try using slightly smaller loads next time. I had this problem a lot in college (I'm still in college but I no longer have this problem) because even though the washers and dryers were "twins," the dryers were significantly smaller than the washers. Alternatively, you could use a higher setting if it's something like blankets or towels.
It could also be a problem with the washer. Some washers won't spin out enough water if the load is too big or if you use the wrong type of detergent, like if you use a pod instead of liquid. I think front-loading washers have more of an issue with pods than top-loading washers for some reason.

IdahoRose
Veteran
Veteran

18 May 2017, 11:07 pm

Folded the laundry and put it away.

Kitty4670
Veteran
Veteran

19 May 2017, 10:07 pm

I hand wash my new pajamas :heart: