Page 1 of 1 [ 7 posts ] 

rhymeswithorange
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

09 May 2017, 3:50 pm

I keep buying expensive(ish) headphones only to not be able to use them. I really like my SkullCandy Grind wireless ones (on ear), but they give me a terrible headache because of the pinch. I also can't wear fashion headbands for the same reason. So I bought some earbuds that the interwebs said were "comfortable" ... they feel like every other pair ever ... uncomfortable, give me sinus pressure in my ears, and won't hold their seal so one ear sounds good and the other one is partially falling out. :x

Any recommendations for people with sinus sensitivity? My hubby keeps telling me to get over ear but they are so huge and ugly and I feel like I'm going to have the same pressure issues anyway.

thewrll
Veteran
Veteran

09 May 2017, 6:50 pm

rhymeswithorange wrote:
I keep buying expensive(ish) headphones only to not be able to use them. I really like my SkullCandy Grind wireless ones (on ear), but they give me a terrible headache because of the pinch. I also can't wear fashion headbands for the same reason. So I bought some earbuds that the interwebs said were "comfortable" ... they feel like every other pair ever ... uncomfortable, give me sinus pressure in my ears, and won't hold their seal so one ear sounds good and the other one is partially falling out. :x

Any recommendations for people with sinus sensitivity? My hubby keeps telling me to get over ear but they are so huge and ugly and I feel like I'm going to have the same pressure issues anyway.

Sounds like overear would be the best choice.

Kiriae
Veteran
Veteran

10 May 2017, 10:39 am

I know what you mean. I have the same problem - almost all headphones give me a headache and earphones put pressure in my ears. And there is also an issue with smell - I just can't wear headphones that smell like rubber.

So far I only had luck with a few headphones, all of whose were really cheap brand(I don't have money to buy expensive ones I can't even tell will be comfortable), usually no-name.

Here they are:
ImageImage
^They are long broken. They originally were cable ones and never had the red part (I glued a piece of fabric there for comfort). I use them as ear defenders to prevent sensory overload when I go to loud environments.

Cheapest earphones in the shop, just 9,99PLN! They don't last long(losing sound on one side) so I have to buy them every a few months but they are comfortable (light) and cheap so who cares?
I sometimes cut off the microphone from them and cover the empty space with black tape so they look better.

I found similar ones in the internet, just without the microphone. You might want to check them out: https://www.amazon.com/Maxell-190319-HP ... HXAT26B3ME
https://www.amazon.com/Koss-KPH7-Lightw ... 6ST4T388AR
https://www.amazon.com/Lightweight-Head ... C8V9J27XYV
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0000 ... B00004T8R2

Very cheap(6PLN), "chinese market" behind-the-ear earphones. They were pretty comfortable but wouldn't last long - you can see 2 most common issues on the photo above - lost behind-ear part and disconnected cable. They were so poorly made sometimes they weren't even working from the start and shop wouldn't want to give me money back. And after a while they dissapeared from the shop and they are no longer available.

Regular "Sony" earphones I got with my phone. They are not comfortable but I can bear with them for a short time. I must wear them the correct way though: Image
or else they hurt my ears much more.
They don't use much space in bag so they are easy to carry around.

Enigmatic_Oddity
Veteran
Veteran

11 May 2017, 4:35 am

I would recommend over the ear, open back headphones like the Sennheiser HD 598. This particular model has very little clamp pressure, which makes it extremely comfortable. They are the type I use for everyday listening.

Unfortunately I cannot use them for VR applications as their clamp pressure is so low they fall off my head with movement, but unless you have some requirement that they be used whilst doing vigorous physical activity you should be fine.

Alita
Veteran
Veteran

19 May 2017, 10:11 am

Enigmatic_Oddity wrote:
I would recommend over the ear, open back headphones like the Sennheiser HD 598. This particular model has very little clamp pressure, which makes it extremely comfortable. They are the type I use for everyday listening.

Unfortunately I cannot use them for VR applications as their clamp pressure is so low they fall off my head with movement, but unless you have some requirement that they be used whilst doing vigorous physical activity you should be fine.

Thank you. I have problems too and will look for these. :)

TheSilentOne
Veteran
Veteran

19 May 2017, 11:35 am

I like the JVC Gummy ones. They are pretty cheap and available on Amazon and in a lot of stores. I like them because the shape is good for my ears. I used to have Skullcandy ones but I found they hurt my ears too.

xxZeromancerlovexx
Veteran
Veteran

19 May 2017, 1:46 pm

I use Panasonic earbuds. They have good sound. I'm an avid listener to music so I need comfortable earbuds. Over-ear headphones make my ears hurt. I've used other brands but Panasonic seems to be my favorite out of all of them. :D

-Down, The Birthday Massacre