Page 10 of 10 [ 151 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10

the_phoenix
Veteran
Veteran

19 May 2017, 8:43 pm

jrjones9933 wrote:
http://www.npiamerica.org/the-national-policy-institute/blog/facing-the-future-as-a-minority

Spencer's Speech at the 2013 American Renaissance conference. Racial purity from the outset.

Thanks for providing a description of the link as well as the link,
because for two months now, clicking on other people's links doesn't work for me on Wrong Planet ...
I think I reported this in bugs but don't remember getting a response (need to check that again).

Meanwhile, I Googled Richard Spencer's speech ...
he certainly does seem like an extremist
from the little bit I read.

I definitely do not agree with his views.
That said, he has the right to express them,
so I would not agree with protestors using violence
to shut him up.

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

19 May 2017, 10:23 pm

the_phoenix wrote:

Shucks! pity you couldn't read his manifesto
And we shouldn’t focus too much on the “2050” date, when Whites will become a minority, as if once Whites drop to 49 percent, a bell will go after announcing the end of the American Dream. We are at a major crisis point now. And we are well past the point of no return with regards to “patriotic immigration reform.”

Furthermore, this insight into the irrelevance of immigration reform holds for the whole kit-and-caboodle of “conservative” causes. Should we, for instance, really be fighting for “limited government” or the Constitution, so that the Afro-Mestzizo-Carribean Melting Pot can enjoy the blessing of liberty and a sound currency? (To ask the question is to answer it.)

In those two paragraphs he invokes the fear that many middle class Americans have had from the time Slavery was abolished. The US government has alleviated these fears right up to the 1960s by outlawing intermarriage and going to extreme lengths to define what is "white"

I think these views are far more widespread than the Alt-right movement but Spencer is stirring the pot...giving oxygen to many who feel emboldened to join in the racist dialogue

EzraS
Veteran
Veteran

19 May 2017, 11:25 pm

the_phoenix wrote:
jrjones9933 wrote:
http://www.npiamerica.org/the-national-policy-institute/blog/facing-the-future-as-a-minority

Spencer's Speech at the 2013 American Renaissance conference. Racial purity from the outset.

because for two months now, clicking on other people's links doesn't work for me on Wrong Planet ...
I think I reported this in bugs but don't remember getting a response (need to check that again).

to shut him up.

He's an individual who gets far more attention than is warranted. Which is probably due to the left bringing up his name constantly. He invented the term "alt-right" which again, is a term I pretty much only hear from the left. And it seems they pretty much apply the "alt-right" (or alt-reich) term to the right in general.

Aristophanes
Veteran
Veteran

19 May 2017, 11:35 pm

EzraS wrote:
He's an individual who gets far more attention than is warranted. Which is probably due to the left bringing up his name constantly. He invented the term "alt-right" which again, is a term I pretty much only hear from the left. And it seems they pretty much apply the "alt-right" (or alt-reich) term to the right in general.

One can't just be right-wing, they must be alt-right to drive home the outrageous qualities to listener, just as someone can't be left, they have to be 'fringe-left' or 'far-left' to hammer the listener with images of lunacy. As for Spencer I'm really interested to see the speech he's drafting for Trump to deliver to the Saudis, lol, the most anti-muslim person on Trump's staff writing for muslims, there should be some fireworks-- at least Trump will be hoping those sounds were fireworks.

the_phoenix
Veteran
Veteran

20 May 2017, 6:10 am

EzraS wrote:
the_phoenix wrote:
jrjones9933 wrote:

to shut him up.

Exactly.

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

20 May 2017, 3:12 pm

the_phoenix wrote:
EzraS wrote:
the_phoenix wrote:
jrjones9933 wrote:

to shut him up.

Exactly.

Trump considered the Alt Right to be numerous and influential enough to court them. Otherwise, Steve Bannon wouldn't be working in the White House today.

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

20 May 2017, 9:15 pm

Kraichgauer wrote:
Trump considered the Alt Right to be numerous and influential enough to court them. Otherwise, Steve Bannon wouldn't be working in the White House today.

Yes why all the fuss about Breitbart :roll:
https://www.splcenter.org/hatewatch/201 ... c-language

This is a publication under "hate watch"

Seems the Trump supporters have their head in the sand on Steve Bannon's unusual placement in strategically advising Trump. The best one can surmise is there is a mailaise/apathy about having open racist influence public policy in the US