Why are adult women not as nice?

Page 5 of 8 [ 117 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Moccu
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

22 May 2017, 1:12 pm

Quote:
Yes, and you are NT according to your own signature. :wink:

Yes, I've acclimated to the horrid NT culture to the point of integrating, terribble. I aced the test!1111 :ninja:

biostructure
Veteran
Veteran

22 May 2017, 1:59 pm

Moccu wrote:
You want someone natural, untouched, and not smeared by any NT cultural influence, and yet you're going to expect a young, inexperienced woman to settle with you after she takes a bite of what intimacy feels like. She may decide she doesn't like you, after all.

Who said any of us want to have the first woman we date settle down with us? That's where I think the "manic pixie dream girl" trope gets it wrong. Two people who take their first "bite" of intimacy together will likely change as a result, and then go looking for their next bite somewhere else, with someone who is also looking to take that next developmental step--not fall madly in love and live happily ever after.

Moccu wrote:
It's not a sure-thing for a 'natural' woman to stay how she is after some experience, right? Cultural influence isn't so strong that people will lose their instincts.

And you think us guys WON'T change at all? How unrealistic!

Look at it this way. As a kid, I lived largely in my own little solitary bubble. Other kids played games on the playground together, had best friends in their classes, and some wrestled/touched each other, so they experienced some kind of bodily connection that way. Many of them played "show me your pee-pee" games, so they actually took part in sexual (NOT adultly-sexual, but more proto-sexual) curiosity with another person. I missed all of that, just sitting on the swings by myself contemplating the universe and/or bouncing balls against walls and musing about the physics of how they ricocheted off of things.

I had my first kiss in my mid 20s, with an aspie girl I found very unattractive, but she seemed to be the only person who was where I was, interpersonal-developmentally speaking. That was shortly followed by other sexual touch, and then similar with another, also unattractive aspie girl. From these I learned that it wasn't JUST sex that I wanted, it was also curiosity and/or romance, and that just having sex with someone who was consenting but unattractive in other ways was unsatisfying. In other words, I changed.

What I'm looking for is definitely not a girl who has never experienced physical or emotional intimacy before, but who falls head over heels and marries me at the first taste of someone liking her. What I'm looking for is someone who lived a similar isolated childhood, who wants to write a story together, metaphorically speaking, from the beginning.

With "NT-cultured" women, I feel like someone has written 50 pages of a novel already, and I'm jumping in as a co-author on page 51, having to use the characters, setting, and writing conventions the other author has already been developing for the last 50 pages, having to take on faith that she's a good author and chose wisely, and having to give up ever developing my own plot line or writing a novel truly of my own (or in non-metaphorical terms, playing those childhood group games, including the "you show me yours" with someone as curious as I am).

Peacesells
Veteran
Veteran

22 May 2017, 2:18 pm

biostructure wrote:
What I'm looking for is definitely not a girl who has never experienced physical or emotional intimacy before, but who falls head over heels and marries me at the first taste of someone liking her. What I'm looking for is someone who lived a similar isolated childhood, who wants to write a story together, metaphorically speaking, from the beginning.

Have you ever thought that if she is so inexperienced and similar to you in your youth then she may undergo the same change you had when you realized you didn't like these 2 girls?

This_Amoeba
Veteran
Veteran

22 May 2017, 2:23 pm

Because most adults see through the BS and teens are nieve with a lot to learn

biostructure
Veteran
Veteran

22 May 2017, 2:55 pm

Peacesells wrote:
biostructure wrote:

Have you ever thought that if she is so inexperienced and similar to you in your youth then she may undergo the same change you had when you realized you didn't like these 2 girls?

I didn't "realize" I didn't like them--I knew that from the very start, but was desperate, because as you said, it can feel "kinda hopeless" to find others like myself. I went in thinking that all I needed was a girl who would want to experiment with touch. I came out knowing that I want someone who wants to experiment, and to whom I also am attracted. Not necessarily someone with whom I am deeply in love, just at the bare minimum someone I don't find hideous, and much more preferably someone I actually have some sort of feelings for.

The kind of woman I am looking for finds me attractive and I find her attractive too--so at that point this change is irrelevant--either she's already undergone it (by being with someone she finds hideous/unattractive and learning that's not what she wants), or else she doesn't NEED to, because she's already with someone she likes (myself).

I'm not looking for someone who is necessarily like how I was before those girls, but someone who is like how I am now (i.e. never been with someone he/she finds attractive, still curious about the male body in the sort of sense of a kid who peeks at her brother changing, wonders what it would feel like for a crush to be mutual). Though I wouldn't quibble with someone who has even less experience, like I had before meeting those girls--because as I say, I am looking for a relationship with mutual attraction anyway so it really doesn't matter. And I don't think it's really something to worry about anyway. Most young women have already had the opportunity to reject at least one guy, and feel (rightly or not) like they have the luxury of being able to pick and choose. So, they have probably either already done what I did with those two girls, and learned from it, or else they are holding out for mutual attraction anyway.

The_Face_of_Boo
Veteran
Veteran

22 May 2017, 2:55 pm

Moccu wrote:
Quote:
Maybe not if she is NT, but NDs (neurodiverse, aspies) don't learn courtship by culture, simply because our culture is all about NTs and their needs. What that essentially means is that NDs will not mature in their courtship, and chances are they will be lost to their natural ways after having absorbed too much junk from the NT culture, so, therefore, we expect some older ND girls (but by no means all) to be impossible to court the natural way. This is one way to interpret what biostructure is saying. He wants those that still are natural and haven't absorbed all that NT junk. Which I actually agree with him on. For me too, girls, of either neurotype, that has absorbed too much of our NT junk dating culture, are not relationship material anymore.

Could you explain to me, in your own words, what a ND courtship and culture is and should be?

You want someone natural, untouched, and not smeared by any NT cultural influence, and yet you're going to expect a young, inexperienced woman to settle with you after she takes a bite of what intimacy feels like. She may decide she doesn't like you, after all.

It's not a sure-thing for a 'natural' woman to stay how she is after some experience, right? Cultural influence isn't so strong that people will lose their instincts.

You could be a serial dater of multiple inexperienced, vulnerable women, and all they'd have in common after leaving the relationship is being with you once and possibly being less desirable to the next man that comes along. It's unlikely she'll be any less desirable, lots of men are much less offended by a past dating history, because they are not threatened by it.

Insecure people are actually more likely to cheat, did you know that? They are less well-versed in knowing how to cope with someone wanting them, and might give into any attention they get if they learn they're desirable to other people.

Perhaps you (some men in this thread in general) are not relationship material. You demand for women to have no dating history, and will lose interest in them as soon as you learn a bit too much about them. If you've been single for very long, then it might be your own fault for being so unavailable to the NT cultured women you look down on.

rdos is a married man.

Peacesells
Veteran
Veteran

22 May 2017, 3:01 pm

biostructure wrote:
Peacesells wrote:
biostructure wrote:

I didn't "realize" I didn't like them--I knew that from the very start, but was desperate, because as you said, it can feel "kinda hopeless" to find others like myself. I went in thinking that all I needed was a girl who would want to experiment with touch. I came out knowing that I want someone who wants to experiment, and to whom I also am attracted. Not necessarily someone with whom I am deeply in love, just at the bare minimum someone I don't find hideous, and much more preferably someone I actually have some sort of feelings for.

The kind of woman I am looking for finds me attractive and I find her attractive too--so at that point this change is irrelevant--either she's already undergone it (by being with someone she finds hideous/unattractive and learning that's not what she wants), or else she doesn't NEED to, because she's already with someone she likes (myself).

I'm not looking for someone who is necessarily like how I was before those girls, but someone who is like how I am now (i.e. never been with someone he/she finds attractive, still curious about the male body in the sort of sense of a kid who peeks at her brother changing, wonders what it would feel like for a crush to be mutual). Though I wouldn't quibble with someone who has even less experience, like I had before meeting those girls--because as I say, I am looking for a relationship with mutual attraction anyway so it really doesn't matter. And I don't think it's really something to worry about anyway. Most young women have already had the opportunity to reject at least one guy, and feel (rightly or not) like they have the luxury of being able to pick and choose. So, they have probably either already done what I did with those two girls, and learned from it, or else they are holding out for mutual attraction anyway.

Attractiveness might be all for you, but maybe she wants something else too, don't think that a woman will like and need the exact same things you do. So she can still experience that change.

But Jesus Christ, why not just find a nice person whom you like and are liked by? If I were you I wouldn't look down on that.

Sweetleaf
Veteran
Veteran

22 May 2017, 3:04 pm

biostructure wrote:

So you want like a girl with confidence issues that will instantly fall head over heels in love with you and jump into marriage because no one else has ever liked her before? I mean sure I could see it being kind of an endearing fantasy but realistically that's ridiculous. I mean what happens after you get married right away and then get to know each other and find out you really aren't that into each other or you guys simply don't get along as a couple? What if she realizes she jumped into the marriage far too quick without really thinking it through.

I am not saying don't date a girl that fits that description, but certainly don't get married right away...if you are her first relationship there is a chance it may not last, so probably best to just be boyfriend and girlfriend for a while until you're both really sure you want to get married or not. Also though kind of unlikely you would find a woman over 25 with such little experience unless she's religious or has super sheltering parents that have never let them develop, and will likely want constant involvement in you and her relationship.

biostructure
Veteran
Veteran

22 May 2017, 3:16 pm

Sweetleaf wrote:
biostructure wrote:

So you want like a girl with confidence issues that will instantly fall head over heels in love with you and jump into marriage because no one else has ever liked her before? I mean sure I could see it being kind of an endearing fantasy but realistically that's ridiculous. I mean what happens after you get married right away and then get to know each other and find out you really aren't that into each other or you guys simply don't get along as a couple? What if she realizes she jumped into the marriage far too quick without really thinking it through.

I think you missed the negative in there. In other words, everything in that first sentence is what I DON'T want (but had the feeling some others in this thread THOUGHT I wanted). The second sentence is what I DO want. I am by no means ready to get married, or even think about that.

Also, I thought I saw a reply from you about my comments about women in group homes/assisted living facilities, but somehow it magically disappeared before I had a chance to respond to it. So, I will, even though I can't quote it.

I'm not interested in nonverbal women, or women who appear openly, for lack of a better word, "ret*d". I'm fine with women who can't drive, who can't live on their own, or who have issues like motor tics, incoordination, etc. But I want someone with whom I can have a real conversation, and someone I can ask for consent with before doing anything.

There's this girl I've been visiting in a group home--she's actually quite smart and perfectly able to communicate on her own. I'm not sexually interested in her, though I thought I might be when one of the staff of the home came to an asperger parent meeting where my mom was and said the young woman was looking for friends. She's almost exactly the same age as me, and everyone wonders why she's there, but she does live in kind of a "bubble". She doesn't have a boyfriend, and I totally understand why--the majority of guys (and other women) in that home are nearly nonverbal, they babble almost like babies and it would be inappropriate for her to date them, not to mention that if they are as unattractive to her as women who are THAT low-functioning are to me, she wouldn't want to anyway.

Peacesells
Veteran
Veteran

22 May 2017, 3:21 pm

Sweetleaf wrote:

Wait till she gets out of the teenish Disney love feeling and files for divorce, putting his ass on the street.

This subforum is filled with guys who wasted their youth and now want to make up for it by either sleeping around or getting the teenish relationship they never had while they are 30 or something.

The_Face_of_Boo
Veteran
Veteran

22 May 2017, 3:24 pm

^ And why is that a bad thing if the women I am dating also want to relive this kind of concern-less relationships?

Some of the women I had sex with are divorced / single moms who miss the sex and want to try it again after so long; they aren't very young either; usually of age 30-40 bracket.

Yes I want to make up for the wasted years - they were wasted because I was not attractive; no girl wanted me, it wasn't by my choice.
But I am being very transparent in my intentions.

Last edited by The_Face_of_Boo on 22 May 2017, 3:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Sweetleaf
Veteran
Veteran

22 May 2017, 3:29 pm

biostructure wrote:

There is more to relationships than attractiveness. She could find you attractive and still conclude she doesn't like your personality, she could like you initially and come to not like you so much if she ends up thinking you don't spend enough time with you, doesn't think you're on the same page as far as relationship goals or things like that.

Even two people liking each other isn't a guarantee it will work out. There is one of my exes I never came to dislike...I think he was a cool guy, but there were other factors that got in the way.

There are just a lot of factors.

Sweetleaf
Veteran
Veteran

22 May 2017, 3:33 pm

biostructure wrote:

I think you missed the negative in there. In other words, everything in that first sentence is what I DON'T want (but had the feeling some others in this thread THOUGHT I wanted). The second sentence is what I DO want. I am by no means ready to get married, or even think about that.

Also, I thought I saw a reply from you about my comments about women in group homes/assisted living facilities, but somehow it magically disappeared before I had a chance to respond to it. So, I will, even though I can't quote it.

I'm not interested in nonverbal women, or women who appear openly, for lack of a better word, "ret*d". I'm fine with women who can't drive, who can't live on their own, or who have issues like motor tics, incoordination, etc. But I want someone with whom I can have a real conversation, and someone I can ask for consent with before doing anything.

There's this girl I've been visiting in a group home--she's actually quite smart and perfectly able to communicate on her own. I'm not sexually interested in her, though I thought I might be when one of the staff of the home came to an asperger parent meeting where my mom was and said the young woman was looking for friends. She's almost exactly the same age as me, and everyone wonders why she's there, but she does live in kind of a "bubble". She doesn't have a boyfriend, and I totally understand why--the majority of guys (and other women) in that home are nearly nonverbal, they babble almost like babies and it would be inappropriate for her to date them, not to mention that if they are as unattractive to her as women who are THAT low-functioning are to me, she wouldn't want to anyway.

Ok thanks for clearing that up...I certainly did misunderstand you there. Of course not everyone in places like that is mentally impaired or intellectually disabled if they are looking for a relationship and you get the proper visitor pass and follow any rules of the facility then it could probably be fine. They can't ban people with the mental capacity to consent to sex and relationships from pursuing them.

But yeah they have to have a lot of security because there are certainly some sickos out there that would try to take advantage of mentally impaired. I am glad you aren't one of them.

Peacesells
Veteran
Veteran

22 May 2017, 3:36 pm

The_Face_of_Boo wrote:
^ And why is that a bad thing if the women I am dating also want to relive this kind of concern-less relationships?

Some of the women I had sex with are divorced / single moms who miss the sex and want to try it again after so long; they aren't very young either; usually of age 30-40 bracket.

Yes I want to make up for the wasted years - they were wasted. because I was not attractive; no girl wanted me, it wasn't by my choice.

Even if I personally have my reasons for thinking that it's bad and I can't stand such behaviours, I don't think that I was lecturing people in my post. I was just saying what the situation is and you said the same exact thing today in your post. I didn't even say the word "bad", perhaps you are projecting something on my post.

The_Face_of_Boo
Veteran
Veteran

22 May 2017, 3:39 pm

Peacesells wrote:
The_Face_of_Boo wrote:

Yes I want to make up for the wasted years - they were wasted. because I was not attractive; no girl wanted me, it wasn't by my choice.

Even if I personally have my reasons for thinking that it's bad and I can't stand such behaviours, I don't think that I was lecturing people in my post. I was just saying what the situation is and you said the same exact thing today in your post. I didn't even say the word "bad", perhaps you are projecting something on my post.

You remind me of myself when I was at your age.

People change and you might change too.

Moccu
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

22 May 2017, 3:43 pm

The_Face_of_Boo wrote:
Peacesells wrote:
The_Face_of_Boo wrote:

You remind me of myself when I was at your age.

People change and you might change too.

There is good change, and then there is bad change.