Page 1 of 1 [ 4 posts ] 

snollygoster
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

09 May 2017, 10:03 pm

I sometimes have a stutter. It's very possible that I'm the only one who has noticed/cares about my tendency to trip over my words, but I want to be an advocate. I really want to better at speaking.
Does anyone else have a stutter? If so, how do you deal with it?

ZachGoodwin
Veteran
Veteran

09 May 2017, 11:27 pm

Snollygoster, I am going through what you may be at this moment. Where if no one around me is happy or perhaps is considering me as intelligent as them, or perhaps am laughing as much as the others with me, then I must have a problem.

Worrying about stuttering is the same issue as myself having too deep of a voice and making sure if my back is in the correct posture. What upsets me is that I feel like everyone around me is acting like the aloof parents off of "Rugrats".

The reason I stutter is when I am rambling or when I can't think of anything to say next. Try cutting down what you say. You'll be able to think more clearly of what to say next.

I'm really sorry I am not in the best of moods today. Don't worry about your stuttering.

snollygoster
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

10 May 2017, 10:24 pm

I have a hard time focusing my abstract thoughts into concrete words. Sometimes I will realize a better way to speak my mind when I'm already halfway through the sentence. :|

Kitty4670
Veteran
Veteran

12 May 2017, 2:17 pm

I have trouble with my speech, when I'm reading back what I wrote, I can repeat myself, I can have trouble getting my words out too. I use to stutter, I can still stutter when I get tooooo upset. Calming down is working for me.