Page 1 of 1 [ 3 posts ] 

Parisisautistic
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

09 May 2017, 11:50 pm

Hello !
I was wondering whether any mom with Asperger is here :) My 3 year old is driving me nuts, I would so love so of your handling tips if you have any !
looking forward to talking

underwater
Veteran
Veteran

10 May 2017, 2:18 am

This question really belongs in the parents' forum. There are both autistic and non-autistic parents there.

Also, you need to be more specific about what you are trying to deal with. I'm a mom, believe I am autistic, but fortunately my sound sensitivity is mild - this seems to be one of the more challenging problems for parents on the spectrum.

Taking breaks and asking for help if you can get it is a big deal.

bunnyb
Veteran
Veteran

10 May 2017, 3:58 am

I'm a third generation Aspie Mum so I'm probably not a particularly great Mum but we all do our best. I have two sons, grown up now. One has HFA and the other has ADHD. Tips on child wrangling probably are not my strong suit. To deal with the noise when they young I played a game with them called Shhhh!. First one to make a noise lost the contest and the other got a Jelly Bean. It was probably the wrong thing to do but it saved my sanity and they don't appear too damaged by it.
See, my tips are probably all wrong. You may need to ask an adult :lol: