Are you into going for a walk every day?

Page 1 of 6 [ 85 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

EzraS
Veteran
Veteran

10 May 2017, 2:09 am

Going out for a walk every day is something that's like a must for me.

Since I get lost easily, one or more family go with me. It's just like them taking the family dog out for a walk lol.

I love wandering around looking at things. It gives me huge sensory satisfaction and makes me feel calm and happy.

Do you love to stroll around too?

wrongcitizen
Veteran
Veteran

10 May 2017, 2:17 am

I usually drive in the hills. It's illegal for me after 11 PM but I do it anyways. I love night time. It's beautiful. I just drive up there and sit there like a creep lol. People drive by and I go blind by their damn high beams.

JakeASD
Veteran
Veteran

10 May 2017, 3:31 am

I enjoy walking around on my own. I like to buy a coffee from my local garage, and I discreetly observe how others behave when I am in public. But I feel anxious if I am expected to speak to other people.

redrobin62
Veteran
Veteran

10 May 2017, 3:48 am

Seattle is a walker's paradise because of the well-developed, deliciously serene Burke-Gilman Trail. I walked a few miles this morning near Magnuson Park at it sure was invigorating to the soul.

Raleigh
Veteran
Veteran

10 May 2017, 3:53 am

Dedicated walking is the reason I'm still somewhat sane.

Joe90
Veteran
Veteran

10 May 2017, 4:44 am

I do walk out as little as possible, because I get mildly agoraphobic or socially anxious. Sometimes I feel that going out for a walk is exposing myself to the world, and because I live in such an overpopulated area, there's always people everywhere, even in quieter places.
I feel less socially anxious going out walking between 9am and about 2.30pm, but mostly late morning is best, AND on days when kids are in school too.

ASPartOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

10 May 2017, 4:55 am

Yes I do and always have unless the weather is really crummy. Rain has always been a sensory issue. I used to love to walk in snowstorms but since my stroke it is a bit dangerous for me.

It is Autism Acceptance Month

“My autism is not a superpower. It also isn’t some kind of god-forsaken, endless fountain of suffering inflicted on my family. It’s just part of who I am as a person”. - Sara Luterman

248RPA
Veteran
Veteran

10 May 2017, 5:00 am

No. Cars rush by really loudly, and there are rather freightening dogs where I live. Perhaps if there was a quiet dog-free place, I'd enjoy going for a walk.

Edna3362
Veteran
Veteran

10 May 2017, 5:14 am

Yes. :lol: I've been doing it for more than 6 years since I freed myself from self isolation.

It sort of doubles as my stim and actually my main transport. :twisted: I walk at school and work, then at home. And almost anywhere I wanna go.

Lose more time here - Updates at least once a week.

AshtenS
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

10 May 2017, 6:43 am

I do like walking but if I don't have a destination then it makes me kind of anxious like I'm lost even though I know where I am. I might lose track and walk too far away or start wandering and as I live in the country there isn't anywhere to go. I also feel a lot better if someone is with me in case something happens that I don't know how to deal with but I rarely get that option.

IstominFan
Veteran
Veteran

10 May 2017, 8:57 am

I walk to church twice a week for choir practice and the regular Sunday service, as the church is located close to my house. I used to walk quite a bit more when I was younger. It would be a good thing to get back into.

Jacoby
Veteran
Veteran

Location: Permanently banned by power tripping mods lol this forum is trash

10 May 2017, 9:38 am

I walk a lot to just get around

getting near the hot time of the year tho and I don't want to be out in the 115F heat

lostonearth35
Veteran
Veteran

10 May 2017, 10:08 am

I used to go out walking every day when I was younger because I had bad anxiety, restlessness and boredom and walking was one of the few things that relieved it. But I don't anymore. Especially not today because it's cold and very rainy, which it has been all week, and will be for the rest of the week, at least. But I may take a short walk to the drug store later this afternoon.

If I walk anywhere further I run the risk of getting drenched by filthy puddle water when the cars plow through them. :x

Adamantium
Veteran
Veteran

10 May 2017, 10:14 am

Yes. It helps even my emotions and reduces anxiety.

I have planned and timed multiple looping routes through the neighborhood so I can plan walks for time (e.g. during lunch break from work.)

I like quiet routes with trees and few people.

teksla
Veteran
Veteran

10 May 2017, 10:26 am

I have recently added a walk/run to my night routine.
The walk, which includes small amounts of running is to counter my anxiety that i used to have with getting adrenaline.

Has worked out okay and i intend to keep the habit at least when the weather is good.
I am aiming to do it daily/5 times a week.

Marybird
Veteran
Veteran

10 May 2017, 11:47 am

I love wondering around looking at things too.
Houses, gardens, downtown areas early in the day.