Page 1 of 2 [ 25 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

Cad
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

10 May 2017, 4:04 am

What's the verdict on fidget cubes? According to a friend my town's book shop has just got them in, I need to go and get one. Do others use them or similar things? I keep on breaking pens/ripping up bits of paper in my pockets/ripping up skin on my fingers etc....

https://thefidgetcube.co/?gclid=CPPpkY_ ... vQod6h8NcQ

Frank30
Butterfly
Butterfly

10 May 2017, 4:34 am

I don't have one yet. But I do plan on getting one. I think they would be handy for many people who fidget.

Cad
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

10 May 2017, 4:35 am

Definitely. My friend who told me about them has social anxiety and she said they work for her.

bunnyb
Veteran
Veteran

10 May 2017, 5:13 am

I love the clicky bits but I know it can irritate people so I don't take it out. It's an at home only toy. I have tangles for when I'm out and also worry beads because I think they look sort of normal and I think people just assume I'm very religious or something but nobody ever points them out like they do with the tangles.

RandomFox
Toucan
Toucan

10 May 2017, 5:58 am

They feel quite good, but I wish they added different materials/textures to them. I bought a cube for my daughter because kids at her school have them and she wanted one. There is one metal element that you can roll and it's my favourite part, I also like the switch button. Wish there was like a little sandpaper strip on it that I could scratch :)

Cad
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

10 May 2017, 6:17 am

bunnyb wrote:
I love the clicky bits but I know it can irritate people so I don't take it out. It's an at home only toy. I have tangles for when I'm out and also worry beads because I think they look sort of normal and I think people just assume I'm very religious or something but nobody ever points them out like they do with the tangles.

What are tangles? Worry beads are a good idea actually.

RandomFox wrote:
They feel quite good, but I wish they added different materials/textures to them. I bought a cube for my daughter because kids at her school have them and she wanted one. There is one metal element that you can roll and it's my favourite part, I also like the switch button. Wish there was like a little sandpaper strip on it that I could scratch

I absolutely love switches! It sounds great!

Seriouscirrus
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

10 May 2017, 6:25 am

It's weird, but i only seem to fidget when I'm at home and find riffle shuffling a deck of cards soothing. I noticed that i really sought out my deck of cards, when I'm really really stressed, after my suïcide attempt.

I'm a magician, so my fidgetting with a deck of cards or coins is also a practical thing.

Cad
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

10 May 2017, 6:38 am

I love cards too....playing solitaire used to be my de-stress tool. Good to hear they saved your life :wink:

bunnyb
Veteran
Veteran

10 May 2017, 6:44 am

Cad wrote:
bunnyb wrote:

What are tangles? Worry beads are a good idea actually.

RandomFox wrote:
They feel quite good, but I wish they added different materials/textures to them. I bought a cube for my daughter because kids at her school have them and she wanted one. There is one metal element that you can roll and it's my favourite part, I also like the switch button. Wish there was like a little sandpaper strip on it that I could scratch

I absolutely love switches! It sounds great!

Tangles come in different types, plain, textured, metallic, hairy and different sizes. I like the Junior size ones.

http://aass.org.au/product-category/tangles-puzzle/

Jackyl
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

10 May 2017, 7:02 am

A friend sent me one a little over a week ago. I wasn't really sure I would like it, but my striking has been much less. It's new, so that maybe needs to be considered for how much I've been using the cube, but still, less striking is great even if only for a few weeks. I prefer the noisy parts.

AQ 36
Systemizing 112

TheAvenger161173
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

10 May 2017, 10:54 am

I used to use putty, I discovered it made a really good eraser and got hooked from there, I kept on losing it though and leaving it in places I had been. I've got two fidget cubes one bought from a friend and another my girlfriend. I really like them, I find the light switch and the 4 buttons pressed simultaneously are my favourite. :)

EzraS
Veteran
Veteran

10 May 2017, 11:49 am

They're okay. They have some at my school. But I still like tangles and spiky balls better. But my favorite has always been my leather lanyards.

Cad
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

11 May 2017, 7:20 am

Tangles.....how nice...I may have to get one...

teksla
Veteran
Veteran

11 May 2017, 8:52 am

i am waiting for my original fidget cube (made by antsy labs) to arrive. It should arrive soon.

tetris
Veteran
Veteran

11 May 2017, 2:39 pm

I ordered an original one at the beginning of the week and it came yesterday. So far it's good. I like the spinny disc on it. I only sort of problem I've found is it suppresses my tics when I'm using it but when I stop they come out much worse, I say sort of as it'd be useful if it was somewhere quiet but not at home and I like using it now so don't want to stop.

friedmacguffins
Veteran
Veteran

11 May 2017, 2:45 pm

Since anxiety and depression are caused by learned helplessness, I think it is better to set goals than to fidget. I'm not thinking bad things about you, but that's a stim, no different from twiddling your thumbs, or tapping your foot. I guess, sometimes, I do my best thinking, during repetitive or simple chores, but it shouldn't stop at that.