Page 1 of 2 [ 32 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

Biscuitman
Veteran
Veteran

18 May 2017, 7:38 am

QuillAlba wrote:
So we are all agreed then?

Piers is a bellend.

Lady Gaga is a crap Madonna, and Madonna was pretty talentless, while we are being honest.

Both are crap and a sad indication of how our thirst for entertainment has wrought such brown, stinking idols for our worship.

I have no idea as to the quality of their output but to be around the top of their chosen profession would suggest more than a bit of talent.

There are loads of artists who's work I can't stand, but can appreciate that many others do and so talent lies at the heart.

QuillAlba
Veteran
Veteran

18 May 2017, 4:35 pm

Great business people, know their markets, social messages, making a statement, popular...

They are crap musicians, their music is an affront, notice your sweet platitudes did not praise their musical talent?

Look up what Bill Hicks said about MC Hammer and Vanilla Ice, also Madonna.

That was a human with actual talent outside of nicely packaged cancer.

Biscuitman
Veteran
Veteran

19 May 2017, 3:48 am

QuillAlba wrote:
Great business people, know their markets, social messages, making a statement, popular...

They are crap musicians, their music is an affront, notice your sweet platitudes did not praise their musical talent?

I cant comment on their musical talent because I have no idea about their musical talent. Don't think I have heard their music.

They chose to go into the field of pop music and are successful at that, the skills you need to be a success at that particular area are different to others and take talent.

Whether you like their music or feel their success doesn't marry up with the artistic ability they possess is another thing altogether.

Empathy
Veteran
Veteran

19 May 2017, 12:03 pm

Kraichgauer wrote:
Insensitive a$$holes say pretty much the same thing about us Aspies.

If you're acknowledging aspies can be abrupt, thats not being insensitive, its just reality. Most of us would accept it as a case of preventative measures used against anxiety or insult.

QuillAlba
Veteran
Veteran

20 May 2017, 1:11 pm

Biscuitman wrote:
QuillAlba wrote:

I cant comment on their musical talent because I have no idea about their musical talent. Don't think I have heard their music.

They chose to go into the field of pop music and are successful at that, the skills you need to be a success at that particular area are different to others and take talent.

Whether you like their music or feel their success doesn't marry up with the artistic ability they possess is another thing altogether.

The original post was regarding using her mental illness (I doubt she has one, she just has to be weird and wacky to maintain the image that sells the most copies of her dog eggs) over her musical talent.

They are a product to be sold, they have no message.

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

20 May 2017, 3:01 pm

Empathy wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:

If you're acknowledging aspies can be abrupt, thats not being insensitive, its just reality. Most of us would accept it as a case of preventative measures used against anxiety or insult.

No, I'm referring to how such insensitive a$$holes cast doubt on that autism is even real, and who say we're just faking it to garner attention, and to get away with bad behavior.

friedmacguffins
Veteran
Veteran

22 May 2017, 6:22 am

I have read some witchy stuff, before, and, when they call a demon, up, from the pit of Hell, they tell it not to be ugly. They say that lack of aesthetic is a sin, and nihilism is unintelligent. People, who knowingly associate with the Devil.

Kraichgauer wrote:

(Re: mental illness as an accessory)

In spite of so many liberal, cyber-chondriacs, I don't go out of my way to look damaged, and don't feel sensitive about people being grotesque or annoying, on purpose.

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

22 May 2017, 2:13 pm

friedmacguffins wrote:
I have read some witchy stuff, before, and, when they call a demon, up, from the pit of Hell, they tell it not to be ugly. They say that lack of aesthetic is a sin, and nihilism is unintelligent. People, who knowingly associate with the Devil.

Kraichgauer wrote:

(Re: mental illness as an accessory)

In spite of so many liberal, cyber-chondriacs, I don't go out of my way to look damaged, and don't feel sensitive about people being grotesque or annoying, on purpose.

Michael Savage has accused autistic children of faking it as an excuse to have meltdowns.
That's my daughter he's talking about, so I'm not going to turn the other cheek when it comes to her.

Empathy
Veteran
Veteran

08 Jun 2017, 4:41 pm

Kraichgauer wrote:

Aspies can take it and usually take on the chin some political a***holes who set out to ruin freedom and liberty of speech.

friedmacguffins wrote:

If you are refering to celebrities such as GaGa going out of her way to look damaged, I'd say that is a distinct possibility.

(Especially when going for the ghost of Cleopatra look..) :roll: Harry could be her next smoking caviar pooch.

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

08 Jun 2017, 11:38 pm

Empathy wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:

Aspies can take it and usually take on the chin some political a***holes who set out to ruin freedom and liberty of speech.

friedmacguffins wrote:

If you are refering to celebrities such as GaGa going out of her way to look damaged, I'd say that is a distinct possibility.

(Especially when going for the ghost of Cleopatra look..) :roll: Harry could be her next smoking caviar pooch.

Unfortunately, not all Aspies can take it. Some of us live with life long abuse from our NT peers for years, if not for life. Just no shrugging it off when you have incredible recall, and crystal clear memories, which we aspies tend to have.

friedmacguffins
Veteran
Veteran

09 Jun 2017, 3:36 am

friedmacguffins wrote:
In spite of so many liberal cyber-chondriacs, I don't go out of my way to look damaged, and don't feel sensitive about people being grotesque or annoying, on purpose.

Kraichgauer wrote:
Michael Savage has accused autistic children of faking it as an excuse to have meltdowns.
That's my daughter he's talking about, so I'm not going to turn the other cheek when it comes to her.

I don't know your daughter, so am not prepared to say whether she is acting intentionally.

I have personally felt a rush of adrenaline, and all the physical symptoms of panic attack, none of which causes me to be anti-social, at my level of functioning.

I am not a child, so would expect society to hold me accountable.

friedmacguffins
Veteran
Veteran

09 Jun 2017, 3:54 am

Obviously, it's a fringe-y sort of thing to say, but conspiracy theorists find religious themes in her pageantry. It is supposed to serve a definite purpose -- to effect a measurable change.

Not fairies and dewdrops, but clothes made of raw meat. Even in most far-out situation, there are still universal norms of decorum.

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

10 Jun 2017, 3:18 am

friedmacguffins wrote:
friedmacguffins wrote:
In spite of so many liberal cyber-chondriacs, I don't go out of my way to look damaged, and don't feel sensitive about people being grotesque or annoying, on purpose.

Kraichgauer wrote:

I don't know your daughter, so am not prepared to say whether she is acting intentionally.

I have personally felt a rush of adrenaline, and all the physical symptoms of panic attack, none of which causes me to be anti-social, at my level of functioning.

I am not a child, so would expect society to hold me accountable.

If I say my daughter is not acting out intentionally, then she is not.

Empathy
Veteran
Veteran

10 Jun 2017, 5:34 pm

Kraichgauer wrote:
Empathy wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:

friedmacguffins wrote:

Unfortunately, not all Aspies can take it. Some of us live with life long abuse from our NT peers for years, if not for life. Just no shrugging it off when you have incredible recall, and crystal clear memories, which we aspies tend to have.

There's sensitive and insensitive. Some actions destroy words and the response of one child creates harmful effects on the parent.
Best to detox and mull over the latter. If someone has said something bad, it's because they dont know how to say something good, so it goes round and round in circles until someone else recreats that forgotten memory, and not all want to be remembered either.
You can keep it in storage, and then you get ill, and then let it out. Females usually cry in response to pain or remorse, and no one knows why, autistics tend to keep their mouths shut and look for alternative distractions.
Men vent in anger or self conflict.

friedmacguffins
Veteran
Veteran

10 Jun 2017, 5:48 pm

Kraichgauer wrote:
If I say my daughter is not acting out intentionally, then she is not.

My neighbor's kid gets bratty and nasal, which she attributes to the autism.

I think, is it chaotic, or purposeful, or somewhere, in between.

Empathy
Veteran
Veteran

10 Jun 2017, 6:38 pm

friedmacguffins wrote:

I think, is it chaotic, or purposeful, or somewhere, in between.

Or downright distasteful.