Is there any other non-binary people here?

Page 1 of 5 [ 73 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

C2V
Veteran
Veteran

20 May 2017, 11:16 pm

Quote:
You know there are other threads right?

Why don't you go there.

Because then they couldn't constantly put sh!t on other people, which is apparently an awesome past time.
Quote:
I see...
Then this community is becoming cancer to.

Pretty much
Quote:
This might be a silly question, but why not have some nonbinary threads for the nonbinary people and the folks who aren't comfortable with that just stay out of those threads?

That would be nicer for genderqueers, but in some ways I don't even agree - I have no problem with discussions between people who have different views, different ways of living their lives, etc. If someone disagrees with all things genderqueer but wants to discuss it respectfully, I'm open to that, absolutely.
What I have a problem with, and it seems all the topic gets here, is attack - people calling you mentally ill/delusional/a liar/whatever and being sarcastic and nasty about it just to start an argument. I'm through having sh!t put on me for this on the internet as well as all over my real life.

This_Amoeba
Veteran
Veteran

22 May 2017, 7:40 am

I guess I could could be considered non-binary. I dislike labels though, especially "girl" and "woman." I also don't care if their is anyone else like me and don't care what people think. I don't fit in with binary gender or the "non-binary" types. Plus all that's happening is people are turning the binary into a trinary. It just one more thing with its own set of rules one must conform to. I'm an outsider, a 0.

invisibleboy
Raven
Raven

26 May 2017, 1:47 pm

I identified as transgender for quite some time, and medically transitioned to male with hormones. Early in transition I was obsessed with appearing male, but years have gone by and I've grown more comfortable with breaking convention. I realized that I was performing male in a similar way to how I felt as I was performing female - just trying to fit into the box.

I look quite masculine now, have male pattern baldness, a beard, etc. I'm not extremely uncomfortable being referred to as male or he, but even after all these years I still feel a jolt in my stomach, like what I really am doesn't match up with what they see.

I let people assume I'm male, but really don't identify as either male or female. But I don't identify as none or neutral either. I identify as non-binary because there's not really a word for how I feel. If I could say I'm both or all, I would. And identifying as both makes logical sense to me if I was raised female and then identified as male.

I've hesitated in posting here because it seems a lot of people like claiming our space as their own and telling us we don't exist, so thank you for posting this. Made me feel safer in talking about it.

everybody's playing the game
but nobody's rules are the same
nobody's on nobody's side

invisibleboy
Raven
Raven

26 May 2017, 1:52 pm

C2V wrote:
different ways of living their lives, etc. If someone disagrees with all things genderqueer but wants to discuss it respectfully, I'm open to that, absolutely..

Except it's more than just a way of living our lives. It is who we are.

And doesn't erasing someone's identity kind of preclude respectful discussion?

naturalplastic
Veteran
Veteran

26 May 2017, 2:15 pm

Um....

I guess I am the only one in the room who has noticed that there is a whole subforum on WP called "LBGT Issues" with 1400 threads! :lol:

invisibleboy
Raven
Raven

26 May 2017, 3:05 pm

naturalplastic wrote:
Um....

I guess I am the only one in the room who has noticed that there is a whole subforum on WP called "LBGT Issues" with 1400 threads! :lol:

Yes, there is an LGBT forum? And this thread is posted in that forum? I don't understand what you're getting at.

Oh my god, there are people posting about autism in the General Autism forum too! (sarcasm)

naturalplastic
Veteran
Veteran

26 May 2017, 5:05 pm

I clicked on this topic because it was on that list of live topics on that banner page of WrongPlanet and didn't realize that the topic was from the LBGT subforum.

Whatever. Meal Culpa and all of that.

Was gonna type "it seems like there are a lot of nonbinary folks on WP. Or there were until recently", and then changed my mind and impulsively said go to the LBGT forum instead.

So I will just go back to what I was originally gonna say ...which is..."it seems like there are a lot of nonbinary folks on WP. So you will eventually bump into them."

jrjones9933
Veteran
Veteran

26 May 2017, 6:11 pm

Rotflmao!

LGBT issues aren't segregated, either. You can discuss sexual orientation in context in any thread. The subforum collects threads related to specific topics to make them easier to find.

Capulet
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

30 May 2017, 8:59 pm

I would be considered non-binary because I don't feel like either a man or a woman- but I've never called myself non-binary because I've never had a reason to.

C2V
Veteran
Veteran

01 Jun 2017, 6:38 am

Quote:
Except it's more than just a way of living our lives. It is who we are.

And doesn't erasing someone's identity kind of preclude respectful discussion?

Eh, I think it depends on where the comment comes from, and how the person responds when this is challenged. I have been in situations where people (mostly men) have been all in my face "you're either a man or a woman, you either have a penis or a vagina, anything else is made-up," and I have responded that actually, no, and here's why - and explained a bit more about the varied presentations and options among queer folk, and they have actually never heard this before. They're all "holy s**t, I never even thought that existed."
Unfortunately, a lot of them only heard of people arguing about this online, and never met someone who was that way in real life. After that, if the person isn't married to their opinion, you can talk about it. It's nice. :)
Also - I don't know about you but this isn't all of who or what I am. It's more actually how I live my life - legally, physically, sexually, etc. It's a process in motion, rather than a fixed entity.

HoneyB33
Butterfly
Butterfly

21 Jun 2017, 4:19 pm

I would say that I'm probably non-binary. I've only really recently come to understand that trans doesn't mean that I have to want to be male--because I so don't. I'm just who I am, and who I've always been. I would say that I'm both male and female. That is what is inside of me, and I'm happy about that. It's who I have been my whole life. I wish I wanted to just transition to male because that would feel easier, but I agree with invisible boy above, that I would feel a lot of the ways they have felt.

I still identify as female, and I'm ok with that. I'm proud to be female! I guess I don't feel the need for too much change. I'm back and forth on if I want top surgery or not. But I'm pretty ok with my body. I could get away with presenting as either gender so I feel pretty lucky for that.

Raleigh
Veteran
Veteran

25 Jun 2017, 12:17 am

I was told to confine my "filth" to this subforum so here I am in all my dirt.
I will be whatever you want me to be.

C2V
Veteran
Veteran

25 Jun 2017, 1:27 am

^ Oooo, what're you doing that's so filthy? Now I'm all intrigued. :wink:

Raleigh
Veteran
Veteran

27 Jun 2017, 1:54 am

^ Having the effrontery to be alive.

rachel_runs
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

11 Jul 2017, 2:34 am

Book recommendations if you like fantasy - Ana Mardoll's series is great and has characters of all genders (and ethnicities and disabilities, it's great)

Gender is a mystery to me but I enjoy hearing about other people's experiences of it.

Edna3362
Veteran
Veteran

15 Jul 2017, 9:02 am

I might be... I thought about this even as a child.

I don't fit in with girls, I don't fit with boys either.
Until now, I don't fit in with women, I don't fit in with men either. :| In or out of the spectrum.
I couldn't picture myself as trans either. It doesn't 'ring'.

I'm not particularly feminine nor masculine. I don't even know. :lol: I might as well be just some preadolecent child in an adult's body, or just apathethic about things like this.

All I know is that I'm biologically female, and I don't mind being referred as 'she', I don't mind if people calls me a girl, a lady, or a woman. I won't insist anyone otherwise -- it's no one's business.
And, I don't need to change. If I were born male, I wouldn't mind either. :twisted:

Lose more time here - Updates at least once a week.