Page 1 of 1 [ 15 posts ] 

Kitty4670
Veteran
Veteran

12 May 2017, 2:03 pm

Anyone want a new friend. My friends that I'm PM seems to disappear on me. I seem more happy when I'm talking to someone. I'm talking to one person from WP on Facebook messenger. Do anyone want a new friend?

wilt20000
Butterfly
Butterfly

13 May 2017, 1:54 am

I think it would be nice to have a new friend, but it is so hard to come off in a socially acceptable manner long enough to make new friends. It's easy to say the wrong thing when getting to know somebody and suddenly they find me unappealing to the point where I am often just ignored or just plain unwanted.

futuresoldier1944
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

19 May 2017, 3:54 pm

wilt20000 wrote:
I think it would be nice to have a new friend, but it is so hard to come off in a socially acceptable manner long enough to make new friends. It's easy to say the wrong thing when getting to know somebody and suddenly they find me unappealing to the point where I am often just ignored or just plain unwanted.

The same thing seems to happen to me, man. I want and need more friends and am trying to make an effort to get more friends. However, it's often hard for me to be socially assertive and when I try to be more socially assertive, I sometimes turn people off. This very thing has happened to me in dealing with a new friend of mine recently. I unintentionally acted in a socially unacceptable manner and said the wrong things, which has scared him off for now. But I guess people like us just have to learn by trial and error. Practice makes perfect and hopefully, eventually, we'll behave in a way that will make somebody want to be friends with us and maybe even overlook our quirks and flaws.

fakkau89
Raven
Raven

21 May 2017, 8:00 am

Hey anyone here interested in making friends just pm me your facebook profile, I'd be happy to make more Aspie friends from where-ever.

BrokenPieces
Veteran
Veteran

27 May 2017, 10:18 pm

Feel free to PM me as well. I can't promise I'm sociable - I frequently do socially unacceptable things so I'm withdrawn at the moment. But I guess that's unacceptable by the standards of a normal person.

futuresoldier1944
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

27 May 2017, 11:36 pm

BrokenPieces wrote:
Feel free to PM me as well. I can't promise I'm sociable - I frequently do socially unacceptable things so I'm withdrawn at the moment. But I guess that's unacceptable by the standards of a normal person.

I am sometimes susceptible to doing socially unacceptable things too, if only unintentional, even in online and texting communications.

AnodyneInsect
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

28 May 2017, 3:50 pm

I would like to try the friendship thing. I may be slow at this. Hopefully, I do not come off as a scary old beast.

Kitty4670
Veteran
Veteran

28 May 2017, 4:57 pm

AnodyneInsect wrote:
I would like to try the friendship thing. I may be slow at this. Hopefully, I do not come off as a scary old beast.

I will be happy to have a new friend, you are around my age, I'm going be 47 in August. I'm slow too, just take your time.

Kitty4670
Veteran
Veteran

28 May 2017, 5:03 pm

futuresoldier1944 wrote:
BrokenPieces wrote:

I am sometimes susceptible to doing socially unacceptable things too, if only unintentional, even in online and texting communications.

I don't do the social thing too, I can talk better online, but there still alot of times when I don't feel like talking.

fakkau89
Raven
Raven

28 May 2017, 8:54 pm

I would like to add more people to my facebook to chat to. Locations are not gonna matter, looking for world over people. PM your fb linkage. :)

BrokenPieces
Veteran
Veteran

05 Jun 2017, 5:16 pm

Kitty4670 wrote:
futuresoldier1944 wrote:
BrokenPieces wrote:

I don't do the social thing too, I can talk better online, but there still alot of times when I don't feel like talking.

Someone once said that the internet is to autistics as Braille is to the blind and sign language is to the deaf. Seems legit.

And I think everyone goes through bouts of not wanting to talk, though on the internet it's more convenient because you can respond when you feel like it.

VioletFirth
Butterfly
Butterfly

06 Jun 2017, 3:52 pm

I'm interested in making new friends. I'm new. Facebook is a lot of random things for me.

razzio
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

06 Jun 2017, 4:50 pm

I have Facebook But don’t really talk to anyone because I go on about subject to long and then they stop talking. And then they say I after go now. So I think why do I bother. Even on social networks and in real life. I find it hard to talk to people.

VioletFirth
Butterfly
Butterfly

07 Jun 2017, 6:24 am

I think Facebook is hard sometimes because you can't tell what the other person is doing. Like for me I work and I like talk to people on messenger because it helps with work anxiety but if someone comes in I have to stop talking and I can't always say that. I'm always cool to talk when I can though. Its worth a try to see what you get with people. To me its better than being lonely because lonely hurts more. At least to me.

andyfzr
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

07 Jun 2017, 5:29 pm

this also seems to happen to me too. i finally get talking to someone then they seem to ditch me after a short with no explanation. im always looking to make a friend if you wanna pm me cos i dont do facebook and stuff like that, im old skool instant messenger google talk id= ANDYFZR or AIM= THEB1KER

I've seen things you people wouldn't believe. Attack ships on fire off the shoulder of Orion. I watched C-beams glitter in the dark near the Tannhäuser Gate. All those moments will be lost in time, like tears...in...rain. Time to die.