Page 1 of 1 [ 7 posts ] 

Kitty4670
Veteran
Veteran

12 May 2017, 4:49 pm

I am depressed! I wish I can get out of California. I wish I can live near people that understand me like the people on WP, I can feel more comfortable talking on here, I can be myself, I can't talk to my family.

BrokenPieces
Veteran
Veteran

12 May 2017, 6:17 pm

You're not alone in feeling and thinking that. Feel free to PM me if you want.

I'm stuck in the midwest and can't talk to anyone.

Lockeye
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

12 May 2017, 7:08 pm

Kitty4670 wrote:
I am depressed! I wish I can get out of California. I wish I can live near people that understand me like the people on WP, I can feel more comfortable talking on here, I can be myself, I can't talk to my family.

I'm in California too, and being surrounded by people doesn't help when you cannot connect with anyone around you.

What kind of place or situation would you imagine to be one where you can live with like-minded people and be yourself?

Kitty4670
Veteran
Veteran

12 May 2017, 8:00 pm

Lockeye wrote:
Kitty4670 wrote:

I'm in California too, and being surrounded by people doesn't help when you cannot connect with anyone around you.

What kind of place or situation would you imagine to be one where you can live with like-minded people and be yourself?

I don't know, I wish there a town with ALOT of Aspergers & Autism people. I can't talk to family, I don't talk to everyone, I have a big family, I have 4 aunts & 2 uncles, 5 cousins, my sister & my nephew & more bigger family on my dad's side , I never met my dad's family, he was from another country. I met 2 of my dad's nephews.

BrokenPieces
Veteran
Veteran

12 May 2017, 8:05 pm

Is there anyway you can at least go on vacation for a few days? And would you want to?

Lockeye
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

12 May 2017, 8:54 pm

Kitty4670 wrote:
I don't know, I wish there a town with ALOT of Aspergers & Autism people. I can't talk to family, I don't talk to everyone, I have a big family, I have 4 aunts & 2 uncles, 5 cousins, my sister & my nephew & more bigger family on my dad's side , I never met my dad's family, he was from another country. I met 2 of my dad's nephews.

I know of options in the making that aren't fully set or realized yet. The organizer of the Authaven yearly retreat for autistic adults wants to build a small community of autistic persons with available cabins and places for campers in the mountains of Colorado: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCBSiz3 ... ZYqy4vyVMA

There's also a project called Ocate Cliffs, which intends to create an autistic community around providing services to a retreat center owned by an autistic: http://www.divergentlabs.org/ocatecliffs/

shortfatbalduglyman
Veteran
Veteran

13 May 2017, 9:59 pm

"I am depressed! I wish I can get out of California. I wish I can live near people that understand me like the people on WP, I can feel more comfortable talking on here, I can be myself, I can't talk to my family."

yes. but the people on WP are all over the world. some of them are in california. personally i am in california. and i do not wish to get out of california. b/c i live not even 10 miles away from the most liberal city in the country. and for that i am profoundly thankful. grateful.