Page 1 of 1 [ 4 posts ] 

Ojg
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

14 May 2017, 11:48 am

Hello, I came across this website and hoped that it might help me meet other people that understand how I am feeling. I feel so alone. I have a loving family with two brothers, one four years older than me and the other two years younger. I am nearly 19. I have been struggling with who I am, anger problems and depression. Seen several doctors and counsellors to no avail. I feel different to everybody. I don't like myself, I have no confidence, I am trying to to finish a college course that I find really difficult to keep going to, because I get really anxious about everything, the getting up in the morning, the traveling on the bus to get there, the mixing with other people that I have nothing in common with. I get really angry with my mum every day and don't want to go to college anymore, but I have nothing else to do. I have had a few part time jobs but end up feeling overwhelmed by life again and not being able to carry on. I wish I could feel happy and just get on with life like other people seem to be able to do.i have exams coming up and I don't think I will be able to cope with them as I haven't done the work. I feel so fed up. If I quit college I would feel even more of a failure. Any body got any advice. Thanks, Ollie.

FnWeirdo
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

15 May 2017, 12:39 pm

Hey there i'm new too, also in college, trying to deal with feeling different and isolated and anxious.

the only advice i have that has worked for me is to tell myself the following:

1) other people probably don't care about my mistakes as much as i do

2) it's only a few hours and i just have to make it through a few hours and i can come home (this helps me quite a bit)

3) it's just my depression/anxiety. in a few days or a couple weeks i'll look back on this day and wish i'd just gone through with it.

4) if i make it through this today, i'll be better for it.

i hope this helps.

FnWeirdo
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

15 May 2017, 12:41 pm

In my experience, also, i've only ever felt worse by skipping things.

AnonymousAnonymous
Veteran
Veteran

15 May 2017, 2:46 pm

Welcome to Wrong Planet! :D