need a desktop for animation design, modeling,editing,coding

Page 1 of 1 [ 2 posts ] 

Taylord
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

14 May 2017, 5:49 pm

so i need a desktop for animation design, modeling,editing,coding,recording,music making etc. but i'm not very good on computer hardware. i have a brother who is, but he always links me to gaming sites. and while gaming's nice, the dream i'm following involves work on a computer. does anybody know any sites that can help me or know any builds yourself? i'm not worried about budget yet.

here's the sites he's linked me

logical increments
reddit build a pc
mmo champion

kicker
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

16 May 2017, 9:25 am

The way I would go about it is deciding what software you want to use first. Then read the system requirements for it. So for instance you chose an animation software that calls for a minimum of 4gigs of ram and 700mb of hard disk space you wouldn't want to buy a computer with 2g of ram and 1g of hard drive space. You'd actually want to buy something with double or more the minimum so you can have more than one thing running.

Once you figure out your software (you can try a lot for free) then you want to find the one with the highest specs and times it by 2-3x what is needed for it. Then you have the specs for your system.

Once you have that there are plenty of sites that offer new and refurbished computers at reasonable prices. Tigerdirect and some other sites are a good start and offer a wide range of pcs that are good for just about anything.