Page 1 of 1 [ 3 posts ] 

Fantino
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

14 May 2017, 6:33 pm

Hello! :)
Well, first things first, a bit of context:
I'm 37 years old, male. I'm actually a bit embarassed to admit that until two days ago I had only heard the name "Asperger", didn't know what it meant 8O

All my life I felt difficulty in various areas, but strangely not at others. Social and perception limitations obviously affected my life as a whole, and I tried to fight it back, to adapt, to improve, to cope, etc. Not going into detail, I'm guessing this is familiar to many. To put it simply, I tried to live as best as I could.

Last Friday, while browsing a random topic on a forum I usually follow (rock band), I read a comment describing a strange behaviour with which I identified myself, that the user classified as "full-Asperger mode". I was vaguely intrigued, goolged "Asperger" and was at first amazed, then unbelievabely relieved. I felt so much things made now sense, as someone who uses glasses for the first time, but 100x better.

I'm still at the start of a learning process, I've been reading about this avidly, checking the symptoms, patterns of behaviour, etc., also I did 3 online tests: AQ test - 36/50; Ritvo RAADS-R - 114; Rdos "Aspie quiz" - Neurodiverse 92/200 Neurotypical 122/200.

Well as everyone here I have many questions, but I will first try to learn more about this. Sorry for any mistakes - not a native English speaker.

Thank you for reading :D

shadowtag
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

15 May 2017, 2:44 pm

Welcome to you, I pray you find the answers you are looking for, I'm sure you will find this site helpful to that end.

AnonymousAnonymous
Veteran
Veteran

15 May 2017, 2:47 pm

Welcome to Wrong Planet! :D