Post-rock: Imagnation Conjuring and Sensory Stimulating

Page 1 of 1 [ 5 posts ] 

Oathdagger96
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

14 May 2017, 9:05 pm

I am a huge fan of post-rock music. It's soundscape quality, layered minimal guitars, orchestral song structures, and emotional intensity. Post-rock is one of the few genres that can stir emotions into the listener without saying words, since most post-rock is instrumental. It makes imagination run wild. I think of snowy landscapes, bleak towns, old run down houses, depressing yet beautiful images. Is anyone here a fan of post-rock? Does it stir up your imagination and emotions?

slam_thunderhide
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

16 May 2017, 3:15 pm

Oathdagger96 wrote:
I am a huge fan of post-rock music. It's soundscape quality, layered minimal guitars, orchestral song structures, and emotional intensity. Post-rock is one of the few genres that can stir emotions into the listener without saying words, since most post-rock is instrumental. It makes imagination run wild. I think of snowy landscapes, bleak towns, old run down houses, depressing yet beautiful images. Is anyone here a fan of post-rock? Does it stir up your imagination and emotions?

I quite like what I've heard of post-rock, such as groups like Labradford and Panamerican. There is often something more organic-sounding about post-rock compared to electronic ambient music for instance. Yes, post-rock often makes me think of snowy landscapes and bleak towns, whereas electronic music will often conjure up images of floating through space. I would like to get into post-rock more, but so far I have generally found soundscapes created with computers and synthesizers to be more interesting. Do you have any favourite post-rock bands?

Oathdagger96
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

16 May 2017, 5:46 pm

I really love Godspeed You! Black Emperor, they're my absolute favorite. And Efrim Menuck from GY!BE has a side project called Silver Mt. Zion that is really good. I love Sigur Rós, Mono, and ISIS (They're more Post-metal but still).

fakkau89
Raven
Raven

21 May 2017, 12:58 am

I like Boris, If trees could talk, God is an astronaut. But it would be good to find some more.

SnailHail
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

22 May 2017, 9:37 am

I listen to some post-rock. I discovered it when looking for trip hop songs. You should listen to some trip rock songs (trip hop mixed with rock) it has some of the traits of post rock.

Anyone listen to any post metal as well? I love the band Russian Circles.