Page 1 of 2 [ 23 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

Raven Foxx
Butterfly
Butterfly

16 May 2017, 5:51 pm

Yes. He sounded mean, but I can't tell...

slave
Veteran
Veteran

16 May 2017, 8:28 pm

Raven Foxx wrote:
Yes. He sounded mean, but I can't tell...

Ty for clarifying. :)

Darmok
Veteran
Veteran

16 May 2017, 8:37 pm

If you're hearing a voice that telling you to do things and trying to control you, that's definitely something you should discuss with a psychiatrist. Psychiatrists are medical doctors, where as therapists and counselors are usually not -- they can be helpful, but they aren't physicians. Your therapist or family doctor could certainly refer you to a psychiatrist who could help. That's what I'd recommend.

There Are Four Lights!

Raven Foxx
Butterfly
Butterfly

22 May 2017, 1:21 am

Darmok wrote:
If you're hearing a voice that telling you to do things and trying to control you, that's definitely something you should discuss with a psychiatrist. Psychiatrists are medical doctors, where as therapists and counselors are usually not -- they can be helpful, but they aren't physicians. Your therapist or family doctor could certainly refer you to a psychiatrist who could help. That's what I'd recommend.

I have a psychiatrist. He gave me medicine, but it is not working.

nick007
Veteran
Veteran

Location: was Louisiana but now Vermont in the police state called USA

22 May 2017, 1:38 am

Raven Foxx wrote:
Darmok wrote:

Tell him the meds are not working & need to be adjusted. Maybe your Abilify needs to be increased or you need a different antipsychotic.

"Hear all, trust nothing"
~Ferengi Rule Of Acquisition #190
https://memory-alpha.fandom.com/wiki/Ru ... cquisition

CalmYourThoughts
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

28 May 2017, 9:51 am

The voice isn't real. You should go see a professional and ask them to help you on your path to recovery.

cuddle
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

03 Jun 2017, 3:18 am

Raven Foxx wrote:
Darmok wrote:

I can think of two things that can cause "voices".

The first is Schizo*(schizophrenia, schizotypal, etc.) which medication may help with, but not always. I have a friend with schizophrenia, but I really don't know much about it to be honest so I'm not going to go into it anymore.

The second is Dissociative Identity Disorder in which case medication would NOT help with the "voice". I have DID and it's actually an early childhood trauma disorder. The voice may be an alter/persona created in early childhood to cope with some sort of trauma that you won't even remember. The whole point of DID is to hide the memories from you so you can cope with living. If you have any childhood trauma memories, even if they are really vague and/or "can't be true" I really recommend you talk to your therapist about them immediately. Most likely sexual or physical abuse. Part of DID is that you will disbelieve your childhood trauma. Most people with DID can't even accept that they have DID at first. Talk therapy and EMDR can help if it is DID, but the alters have to go through it also.

CharityGoodyGrace
Veteran
Veteran

14 Jul 2017, 7:36 am

Is the voice telling you to hurt and/or harm yourself and/or others?