Page 1 of 1 [ 8 posts ] 

JakeASD
Veteran
Veteran

15 May 2017, 6:10 am

Is anyone else a huge fan of David Lynch's idiosyncratic Twin Peaks?

I personally cannot wait until Sunday, the day on which the first episode from the third season will air. It's just a shame Frank Silva (BOB), Catherine E. Coulson (Log Lady), and Jack Nance (Pete) won't be able to reprise their roles.

EzraS
Veteran
Veteran

15 May 2017, 9:10 am

I'm a big fan. And I live about 30 minutes away from where the exteriors were filmed in Snoqualmie and North Bend and have eaten at the Double R (Tweeds). And the street Laura walks down to Donna's house in Fire Walk With Me is in my home town and I walk down that street a lot. Imdb says that part was filmed in Monroe, but that's not right.

Anyways really looking forward to the first show of the 3rd season.

JakeASD
Veteran
Veteran

15 May 2017, 1:18 pm

EzraS wrote:
I'm a big fan. And I live about 30 minutes away from where the exteriors were filmed in Snoqualmie and North Bend and have eaten at the Double R (Tweeds). And the street Laura walks down to Donna's house in Fire Walk With Me is in my home town and I walk down that street a lot. Imdb says that part was filmed in Monroe, but that's not right.

You're a lucky guy to have eaten at the Double R! :D

I was always of the view that FWWM was underappreciated. If you haven't seen it, there's a fantastic deleted scene which expands on David Bowie's Phillip Jeffries story arc.

EzraS
Veteran
Veteran

15 May 2017, 9:55 pm

JakeASD wrote:
EzraS wrote:

You're a lucky guy to have eaten at the Double R! :D

I was always of the view that FWWM was underappreciated. If you haven't seen it, there's a fantastic deleted scene which expands on David Bowie's Phillip Jeffries story arc.

I feel lucky. Knowing that I was moving here is what got me interested in watching Twin Peaks. Here's a picture I took of the waterfall. To the left is the Great Western (really called the Salish Lodge).

I liked FWWM and have seen that deleted scene I believe.

Maybe this weekend I can visit Snoqualmie and North Bend and take some pictures of the cafe.

JakeASD
Veteran
Veteran

17 May 2017, 6:16 am

Great picture! ^^

The first episode won't be airing in the UK until Tuesday. :(

munenmusou
Butterfly
Butterfly

17 May 2017, 8:47 am

Growing up I always heard David Lynch's work was dense and confunsing. Before watching Twin Peaks I watched Eraserhead. I thought it was an interesting take on the anxiety of becoming a husband/father/provider.

There are a few subplots that I didn't enjoy but overall Twin Peaks made sense to me. I really like the mashup of Americana and mysticism and I'm super excited about the new series. It looks like most of the living cast will be appearing.

Returning Cast Guide from the Onion AVClub

EzraS
Veteran
Veteran

20 May 2017, 8:11 pm

I am currently sitting in the Double R. This is normally the sort of place I would avoid as it's small and crowded. Lots of tourists. Having some pie and coffee.

FandomConnection
Veteran
Veteran

25 Jun 2017, 5:35 pm

I really want to watch Twin Peaks (and FWWM). There are two problems. Firstly, I get scared pretty easily, and am made nervous by suspense. Secondly, I live in Australia, and don't know how to find it, as it is not on television here.

I'm sad because I have researched about it a lot, and it seems like an awesome show, but I don't know if I'd be able to handle the scary parts. I only hope that through my research I will be able to learn about the scary things so they don't scare me so much when I watch it.