Newly crowned Miss USA angers progressives

Page 2 of 2 [ 26 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

friedmacguffins
Veteran
Veteran

19 May 2017, 2:24 pm

I have taken physical and social risks, and exerted myself, to the point of exhaustion, so don't think that slacktivists are entitled to an opinion.

You first, slacktivists.

I bet you can get free job training (using the term free, very loosely.) :|

I somewhat enjoy seeing that lazy people are angry. I was very possibly working on permaculture, while they heard the angering remarks, at the upscale, social function. My work gloves are broken, and my hands are blistered, for real.

friedmacguffins
Veteran
Veteran

19 May 2017, 3:23 pm

Quote:
Well, kindness and help offered to the needy, regardless if it's by taxpayer money, or volunteerism, are the real values that matter.

You're saying it doesn't matter to them, how they get something, so long as they get it.

Does it matter to me, why it is taken from me, so long as it is taken?

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

19 May 2017, 4:21 pm

friedmacguffins wrote:
Quote:
Well, kindness and help offered to the needy, regardless if it's by taxpayer money, or volunteerism, are the real values that matter.

You're saying it doesn't matter to them, how they get something, so long as they get it.

Does it matter to me, why it is taken from me, so long as it is taken?

If you don't like it, complain to your congressman.
And as we're talking about those in need having food, medical care, shelter, etc, not just for them, but for their children as well, I think you shouldn't be so flippant about "how they get something, so long as they get it."
As for your other post - I don't doubt that you have blisters on your blisters. I don't doubt that your work gloves are worn. I've done my share of manual labor too, and what I recall is how I never had to pay income tax, but always got a refund, because I made so damn little, despite working full time. So, how much are you being made to pay that's such a burden?

friedmacguffins
Veteran
Veteran

22 May 2017, 7:33 am

That was for volunteerism, btw.

I don't see how your contrarianism adds any new points, to the conversation, or provides any useful value, for someone in need.

And, again, if you believe that your money had ought to be given, then, do that.

You just want to leverage the work of others, in your giving, and in your conversation.

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

22 May 2017, 9:23 pm

According to Miss McCulloch
People need to have a job to have health care.

That must be the dumbest thing I've heard a beauty contest say. Despite not being a member of the "chosen race" She certainly shares one trait with right wing nutjobs which is a lack of empathy for the poor who under Trump will continue to die waiting for surgery in public hospitals

old_comedywriter
Veteran
Veteran

22 May 2017, 9:35 pm

I'm cynical today.

So, it's what conservatives have always said about health care: "Pay Or Die."
This from the same people who are so concerned about the life of an unborn fetus.
Hypocrites.

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

22 May 2017, 10:35 pm

friedmacguffins wrote:

I don't see how your contrarianism adds any new points, to the conversation, or provides any useful value, for someone in need.

And, again, if you believe that your money had ought to be given, then, do that.

You just want to leverage the work of others, in your giving, and in your conversation.

Yes, leverage is how we collectively get something done, whether it's national defense, police and emergency protection, or caring for those in need.
My money given to those who need help isn't going to make jack squat of a difference, but everyone who can afford to give, now that's a different matter.

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

23 May 2017, 6:46 am

old_comedywriter wrote:
I'm cynical today.

So, it's what conservatives have always said about health care: "Pay Or Die."
This from the same people who are so concerned about the life of an unborn fetus.
Hypocrites.

Let's read an older conservative's mind
"If you can't pay then you are not fit to live"

A younger rich kid's thoughts
"why are people poor? they probably deserve it"

But on abortion
"heck! let poor people have more babies, otherwise we gotta import Mexicans!"

friedmacguffins
Veteran
Veteran

23 May 2017, 10:21 am

friedmacguffins wrote:

Kraichgauer wrote:
Yes, leverage is how we collectively get something done, whether it's national defense, police and emergency protection, or caring for those in need.
My money given to those who need help isn't going to make jack squat of a difference, but everyone who can afford to give, now that's a different matter.

Can you explain why you should have access to the resources of others, against their will.

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

23 May 2017, 2:17 pm

friedmacguffins wrote:
friedmacguffins wrote:

Kraichgauer wrote:

Can you explain why you should have access to the resources of others, against their will.

Because many of those resources are a matter of life or death for those who don't have them. For people who brag about their values all the time, conservatives don't seem to value human life. If the wealthy would just quit being skinflints and hire more people with high wages and benefits, and job security, then the rest of us wouldn't have to force them to let loose of those resources against their will.