Page 1 of 1 [ 4 posts ] 

TheAspieAvenger
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

15 May 2017, 4:37 pm

I have no idea what to say here. Like in my whole life I've struggled with forums, posting on them and talking to people and the like, but I've never tried wrong planet. I've heard whispers of this place, in ancient tombs long forgoten, but always been too intimidated to jump in.

But here I am! My name is Joseph, I'm an Aspie *Chorus of Hi Joseph*

When I was a teen I was the outcast of the outcast group. One girl knew I was Autistic and spent allot of time pitting people within that group of people against me. I had allot of friends in that group but getting close with them, even the ones that were Neuro-atypical was hard because of the few people that made it harder for others to defend me.

I have spent a large portion of my life trying to fit in, trying to appear typical, like them I guess. I realised this was as lost cause and have since started being more honest in social situations. This has backfired a few times but I keep trying, I still get stressed when I have no work to do, I can't sleep when I'm like that because I can't stop myself from thinking.

I currently have support in most of my sessions at college and when filming. I still overhear conversations and feel the need to argue. What I'm trying to say is, I'm still affected by my previous self loathing of my disorder and I fight those impulses every day. As Nomi says in sense 8, "the violence that I realised was unforgivable, is the violence we do to ourselves, when we are to afraid to be who we truly are".

So all that being said, I just wanted to say hi and give some context to who I am. I'm a "gender is how you feel it" kind of inter-sectional feminist, an adaptation and media theory nerd, also I really love dogs. So I'm allot of things and hold allot of beliefs and opinions but they're all elements of what and who I am. So hello, happy to meet you and hope to get involved around here slowly but surely.

248RPA
Veteran
Veteran

15 May 2017, 5:40 pm

Welcome to Wrong Planet! :D

AnonymousAnonymous
Veteran
Veteran

15 May 2017, 9:36 pm

Welcome to Wrong Planet! :)

puzzledoll
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

15 May 2017, 10:03 pm

*joins the chorus, waves* Hi, Joe!

I'm pretty new here too and so far everyone has been nice.