i think internet critics and fans ruined final fantasy VI fo

Page 1 of 1 [ 12 posts ] 

Taylord
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

15 May 2017, 5:28 pm

i know i'll get roasted for this (and to the people that are going to do this, it's a game you're wasting your time), but i can't really get into this game (and chrono trigger to a lesser degree, but this game is a part of a franchise and i want to get into that in my rant)

it's a shame too, because fans normally don't cloud (hur hur) my judgement on something ( i still like sonic in spite of some of it's... fans...), plus... there's a lot of this game that i really like! the battle system doesn't do it much for me, but i love the characters, setting, plot, and music. but every time i look up stuff for this game it's always labelled as "gaming perfection" which no game is, let's be real here. and every single time i look up stuff about other final fantasies, they always compare it to 6 and how it did this thing better. 7 gets the worst of this though... whenever i see a video or an article about ff7 either the video or the comments always mentions 6 and say 7 sucks. I've heard plenty of ff7 fans are like this and i haven't seen them maybe i'm looking in the wrong direction. and now suddenly there's this huge war going on about which game is better. wasn't the whole point of games is to unite people and share their love? if you disagree, then to each their own. these arguments just doesn't resolve anything and basically amount to a dick contest

Taylord
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

15 May 2017, 5:47 pm

though to be fair, i get why people are sick of ff7, square has milked that one game to the ground that it can take away from the original for some

SabbraCadabra
Veteran
Veteran

16 May 2017, 7:41 am

Taylord wrote:
it's a shame too, because fans normally don't cloud (hur hur) my judgement on something...

That might not necessarily be it. I know when I played VI back in middle school, I really started to lose interest about halfway through...and that was before we had Internet, and before VII came out, so there wasn't much hype out there for it except for my own nostalgia for the previous two games (which was all we had in America at the time).

I couldn't really get into Chrono Trigger either, but I think I just chose a bad time to play it. I probably tried to tackle it right after beating Seiken Densetsu III, or something equally as awesome.

Almajo88
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

17 May 2017, 9:28 am

I sort of don't like FF6 either. I've played through it a couple of times but it's not something I feel particularly excited about, the characters and world aren't anything special (although relative to SNES standards they were, perhaps) and in terms of the combat system there are plenty of better options. I feel the same way about Chrono Trigger, that it's something you need to have played at the time, in the proper context.

Tollorin
Veteran
Veteran

29 May 2017, 12:02 am

Taylord wrote:
i know i'll get roasted for this (and to the people that are going to do this, it's a game you're wasting your time), but i can't really get into this game (and chrono trigger to a lesser degree, but this game is a part of a franchise and i want to get into that in my rant)

it's a shame too, because fans normally don't cloud (hur hur) my judgement on something ( i still like sonic in spite of some of it's... fans...), plus... there's a lot of this game that i really like! the battle system doesn't do it much for me, but i love the characters, setting, plot, and music. but every time i look up stuff for this game it's always labelled as "gaming perfection" which no game is, let's be real here. and every single time i look up stuff about other final fantasies, they always compare it to 6 and how it did this thing better. 7 gets the worst of this though... whenever i see a video or an article about ff7 either the video or the comments always mentions 6 and say 7 sucks. I've heard plenty of ff7 fans are like this and i haven't seen them maybe i'm looking in the wrong direction. and now suddenly there's this huge war going on about which game is better. wasn't the whole point of games is to unite people and share their love? if you disagree, then to each their own. these arguments just doesn't resolve anything and basically amount to a dick contest

The gameplay is the relative weak point of Final Fantasy VI, particularly compared to it's predecessor, and the reason peoples love it is for the characters and the story; a story with depth and emotions that the modern Shinra Corporation Square-Enix video games are unable to reach.
http://tay.kinja.com/why-it-took-final-fantasy-vi-to-show-me-life-was-worth-1680517626

Taylord
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

29 May 2017, 8:59 am

and yet, people hail it as a perfect game. i'm happy for that person, but i'm sick of people always thinking that it is perfect, even though it isn't. again, no game is

Taylord
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

29 May 2017, 9:06 am

and i agree that it has one of the best stories in the series, but its fanbase always puts down every other game in the series and it pisses me off

Taylord
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

30 Jul 2017, 9:58 am

If someone wrote an article about how freddy got fingered showed them that life is worth living, then i'm happy for them, but I would still think it's a terrible movie. Also, what was with that shinra joke?

AquaineBay
Veteran
Veteran

30 Jul 2017, 3:33 pm

I say don't bother with what other people think about a game! I like ff6 and ff7, they both have their ups and downs but is either one of them perfect, no.

Really, no matter what series of games you play, be it Final Fantasy, Legend of Zelda, Super Mario Brothers, there will always have fans that say that "this game is better than that game". Don't worry about the fans because at the end of the day only YOU can determine if you like the game or not!

"God grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change,
Courage to change the things I can,
and Wisdom to know the difference."

Taylord
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

30 Jul 2017, 10:24 pm

then you get people who give you s**t for liking one more than the other. someone on youtube in the comments said they like ff7 more than 6 and someone gave them s**t for it. but the funny part for me though, was that he didn't even know what he was talking about. i know i'm about to go on a tangent, but he complained how switching materia took about 30 minutes when you change characters, even though there's an arrange option in the materia menu that reduces the time it takes to switch materia down to about 1

AquaineBay
Veteran
Veteran

31 Jul 2017, 11:08 am

That person must have been exaggerating or change materia supeeeerrrrr slow! It only took me to the most 5 minutes and that is including multiple characters! Those people that talk bad about another game must be hardcore (and very biased)fans!

I do wonder though, what exactly ruined it for you? The people arguing or that everyone makes ff6 seem like the best Final Fantasy?

"God grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change,
Courage to change the things I can,
and Wisdom to know the difference."

Taylord
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

02 Aug 2017, 4:54 pm

bothish. some fans i've seen always compare ff6 to other games in the series, even though each one is so different from one another. and sometimes when asked why it's so good, they'll just say "cause it's and awesome game and kefka is best villain ever." ironically i heard them and others that ff7 has some rather obnoxious fans, but i've barely seen anyone like that (unless seeing some weird fanart count...) ff6 on the other hand... plus ff7 is being called overrated by everyone nowadays so maybe that heighten my appreciation for ff7. i dunno maybe i'm just being a hipster.