Page 1 of 1 [ 4 posts ] 

Snaow
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

15 May 2017, 7:11 pm

Hi, I'm Callie, or Cal for short. I'm 23 and was diagnosed as autistic (Asperger's) at around age 11. I'm originally from the UK, however I never felt "at home" in the country and have a strong affinity for Scandinavia, so I moved to Sweden independently at the start of March this year. I have a Swedish boyfriend who I met online prior to this - however my intention to move predates the relationship.

I don't really know anyone in Sweden besides him and have been struggling a fair amount as a result of feeling somewhat isolated and overwhelmed. I experience chronic depression and I also have near-constant extreme anxiety about things relating to my identity, difficulty processing information and various other issues.

In terms of interests, I like films, especially horror and "weird" cult-type films, my favourite being Starship Troopers. I like a lot of older music, mainly of the alternative/rock genre and 80s power ballads. TV shows I like are South Park, Game of Thrones and Cartoon Network e.g. Regular Show, although I don't generally watch much TV. I like video games although I don't really play them at the moment, but when I was younger I played them near-constantly and I also played World of Warcraft in a fairly hardcore way for a couple of years up until fairly recently. I'm vegetarian, politically left (of the libertarian/relatively moderate sort) and agnostic (leaning atheist) in terms of religious beliefs. I like talking to people of all ages, genders and so on.

If you would like to talk send me a message. I would really like to meet people in Sweden (Skåne area) or nearby places like Copenhagen, however I'd also be happy to talk to people from anywhere.

:skull:

AnonymousAnonymous
Veteran
Veteran

15 May 2017, 9:32 pm

Welcome to Wrong Planet! :D

puzzledoll
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

15 May 2017, 10:09 pm

Welcome! I'm pretty new here too.

ltcvnzl
Veteran
Veteran

15 May 2017, 10:15 pm

Welcome!

I have a very dear friend from Sweden (but she doesn't like the country).