Something doesn't make sense, dating and demography.

Page 1 of 2 [ 29 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

The_Face_of_Boo
Veteran
Veteran

16 May 2017, 4:14 am

So I did that other thread proving how dating sites (the free ones at least) are total sausage fests when it comes to activity.

And there's the old thread I made showing how one's sexiness value differ immensely between one country and another: viewtopic.php?t=275336

One thing I cannot understand about a certain demography, why women of East-Asian ethnicities women message me on okcupid (or any dating app really) and almost always reply me when i first message them? The reply rate with them is almost certain, like 90% , I am not kidding.

-They're surely receiving tons of messages like women of any other ethnicities; and I doubt they reply to everyone. They showed me before how literally they receive hundreds/thousands of messages and they do ignore most. Actually, based on what they showed me, I think they receive inappropriate sexual first messages with hints of racial slurs more than any other group.
- A "Caucasian fever" is a common thing Asian cultures and it may be a reason, but I am not that White looking, and there are so many caucasians in these sites too, so why me?
- The local Caucasian women are the complete opposite, they rarely ever reply to me on dating apps except those from certain cultures like north africa. I was only chased by two white girls in my life.

But why is that? Why I am like totally so desired by a certain demography, but I feel I am totally a pariah with another? It's blowing my mind.

Chronos
Veteran
Veteran

16 May 2017, 4:46 am

The_Face_of_Boo wrote:
So I did that other thread proving how dating sites (the free ones at least) are total sausage fests when it comes to activity.

And there's the old thread I made showing how one's sexiness value differ immensely between one country and another: viewtopic.php?t=275336

One thing I cannot understand about a certain demography, why women of East-Asian ethnicities women message me on okcupid (or any dating app really) and almost always reply me when i first message them? The reply rate with them is almost certain, like 90% , I am not kidding.

-They're surely receiving tons of messages like women of any other ethnicities; and I doubt they reply to everyone. They showed me before how literally they receive hundreds/thousands of messages and they do ignore most. Actually, based on what they showed me, I think they receive inappropriate sexual first messages with hints of racial slurs more than any other group.
- A "Caucasian fever" is a common thing Asian cultures and it may be a reason, but I am not that White looking, and there are so many caucasians in these sites too, so why me?
- The local Caucasian women are the complete opposite, they rarely ever reply to me on dating apps except those from certain cultures like north africa. I was only chased by two white girls in my life.

But why is that? Why I am like totally so desired by a certain demography, but I feel I am totally a pariah with another? It's blowing my mind.

White women might shy away due to perceived cultural differences. For example, they may think that you, coming from the near east, might expect a woman to be completely submissive, or might worry you will be controlling or abusive. I do not know perceptions of the near east and middle east by east Asian women, however if these est Asian women were Chinese, then perhaps they are women who cannot find men of suitable status in their country. This is all entirely speculation of course.

The_Face_of_Boo
Veteran
Veteran

16 May 2017, 4:56 am

Chronos wrote:
The_Face_of_Boo wrote:

White women might shy away due to perceived cultural differences. For example, they may think that you, coming from the near east, might expect a woman to be completely submissive, or might worry you will be controlling or abusive. I do not know perceptions of the near east and middle east by east Asian women, however if these est Asian women were Chinese, then perhaps they are women who cannot find men of suitable status in their country. This is all entirely speculation of course.

By "White women" I wasn't referring to the western only, I was referring to all Caucasians; Levent and Near east women self identify as whites too; and East-Asians perceive us as whites; sometimes they tell me I look Jew.

And no, we don't have much chinese population, most of them are Indonesians, Filipinos and Thais.

Last edited by The_Face_of_Boo on 16 May 2017, 5:05 am, edited 2 times in total.

Chronos
Veteran
Veteran

16 May 2017, 5:03 am

The_Face_of_Boo wrote:
Chronos wrote:
The_Face_of_Boo wrote:

By "White women" I wasn't referring to the western only, I was referring to all Caucasians; Levent and Near east women self identify as whites too; and East-Asians perceive us as whites; sometimes they tell me I look Jew.

Well I don't know then.

The_Face_of_Boo
Veteran
Veteran

16 May 2017, 5:06 am

Quote:
then perhaps they are women who cannot find men of suitable status in their country.

That doesn't explain for those who wanted to have something casual with me.

Chronos
Veteran
Veteran

16 May 2017, 5:14 am

The_Face_of_Boo wrote:
Quote:
then perhaps they are women who cannot find men of suitable status in their country.

Maybe they think you are exotic.

The_Face_of_Boo
Veteran
Veteran

16 May 2017, 5:17 am

Chronos wrote:
The_Face_of_Boo wrote:
Quote:

I am not particularly more exotic looking than my other countrymen.

Chronos
Veteran
Veteran

16 May 2017, 5:24 am

The_Face_of_Boo wrote:
Chronos wrote:
The_Face_of_Boo wrote:
Quote:

*shrug*

The_Face_of_Boo
Veteran
Veteran

16 May 2017, 5:35 am

Chronos wrote:
The_Face_of_Boo wrote:
Chronos wrote:
The_Face_of_Boo wrote:
Quote:

*shrug*

This may sound crazy, but if feels, as if all members of each group (communities..etc), while each member is an individual with their unique traits, are connected to a different central hive mind thing that defines for them what's attractive and what's not.
It cannot be a coincidence chronos! There must be something cultural or maybe even genetic on a population scale - How else do you explain that in some demographics I get dozens even hundreds (like on tinder) of approvals while in others i get zero?

seaweed
Veteran
Veteran

16 May 2017, 7:50 am

sp00ky

The_Face_of_Boo
Veteran
Veteran

17 May 2017, 4:59 am

seaweed wrote:
sp00ky

You spook me somehow.

Sabreclaw
Veteran
Veteran

17 May 2017, 5:12 am

The_Face_of_Boo wrote:
Chronos wrote:
The_Face_of_Boo wrote:
Chronos wrote:
The_Face_of_Boo wrote:
Quote:

*shrug*

This may sound crazy, but if feels, as if all members of each group (communities..etc), while each member is an individual with their unique traits, are connected to a different central hive mind thing that defines for them what's attractive and what's not.
It cannot be a coincidence chronos! There must be something cultural or maybe even genetic on a population scale - How else do you explain that in some demographics I get dozens even hundreds (like on tinder) of approvals while in others i get zero?

It's probably a cultural thing. I hear a lot of white males talking about "hot asians"; they seem to like them more than white women.

The_Face_of_Boo
Veteran
Veteran

17 May 2017, 8:15 am

I dared to ask one...

She paused for more than an hour before her answer

Jacoby
Veteran
Veteran

Location: Permanently banned by power tripping mods lol this forum is trash

17 May 2017, 9:23 am

What is your working theory? Is this with women in Lebanon or everywhere?

AngelRho
Veteran
Veteran

17 May 2017, 12:03 pm

Sabreclaw wrote:
The_Face_of_Boo wrote:
Chronos wrote:
The_Face_of_Boo wrote:
Chronos wrote:
The_Face_of_Boo wrote:
Quote:

*shrug*

It's probably a cultural thing. I hear a lot of white males talking about "hot asians"; they seem to like them more than white women.

Asian women are very beautiful in my opinion.

Wouldn't date 'em, though. Well, I wouldn't date IN Korea or Japan, nor would I date a 1st or 2nd gen asian in America. Reason being incompatible traditions. I can't handle a woman who flips out because a) I don't answer texts immediately or b) insists on inspecting my cell phone for signs of possible cheating. I have nothing to hide, and my SO can see my phone any time she likes. But the constant suspicion, trying to fit in with parents, all the competition among girls...it's just too much.

Sabreclaw
Veteran
Veteran

17 May 2017, 12:33 pm

AngelRho wrote:
Sabreclaw wrote:
The_Face_of_Boo wrote:
Chronos wrote:
The_Face_of_Boo wrote:
Chronos wrote:
The_Face_of_Boo wrote:
Quote:

*shrug*

Asian women are very beautiful in my opinion.

Wouldn't date 'em, though. Well, I wouldn't date IN Korea or Japan, nor would I date a 1st or 2nd gen asian in America. Reason being incompatible traditions. I can't handle a woman who flips out because a) I don't answer texts immediately or b) insists on inspecting my cell phone for signs of possible cheating. I have nothing to hide, and my SO can see my phone any time she likes. But the constant suspicion, trying to fit in with parents, all the competition among girls...it's just too much.

I can't comment on their traditions since I barely know anything in that area, as of now I'm open to a hypothetical asian girlfriend. Perhaps if such a thing happened I'd discover we're incompatible.

There's some gorgeous asians but there's also some gorgeous whites, middle-easterners, africans, etcetera. It just seems that in the western world there's this fascination with asian women, particular Filipino and Japanese. I never understood it myself.