Something doesn't make sense, dating and demography.

Page 1 of 2 [ 29 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

Sabreclaw
Veteran
Veteran

17 May 2017, 12:33 pm

AngelRho wrote:
Sabreclaw wrote:
The_Face_of_Boo wrote:
Chronos wrote:
The_Face_of_Boo wrote:
Chronos wrote:
The_Face_of_Boo wrote:
Quote:
then perhaps they are women who cannot find men of suitable status in their country.

That doesn't explain for those who wanted to have something casual with me.

Maybe they think you are exotic.

I am not particularly more exotic looking than my other countrymen.

*shrug*

This may sound crazy, but if feels, as if all members of each group (communities..etc), while each member is an individual with their unique traits, are connected to a different central hive mind thing that defines for them what's attractive and what's not.
It cannot be a coincidence chronos! There must be something cultural or maybe even genetic on a population scale - How else do you explain that in some demographics I get dozens even hundreds (like on tinder) of approvals while in others i get zero?

It's probably a cultural thing. I hear a lot of white males talking about "hot asians"; they seem to like them more than white women.

Asian women are very beautiful in my opinion.

Wouldn't date 'em, though. Well, I wouldn't date IN Korea or Japan, nor would I date a 1st or 2nd gen asian in America. Reason being incompatible traditions. I can't handle a woman who flips out because a) I don't answer texts immediately or b) insists on inspecting my cell phone for signs of possible cheating. I have nothing to hide, and my SO can see my phone any time she likes. But the constant suspicion, trying to fit in with parents, all the competition among girls...it's just too much.

I can't comment on their traditions since I barely know anything in that area, as of now I'm open to a hypothetical asian girlfriend. Perhaps if such a thing happened I'd discover we're incompatible.

There's some gorgeous asians but there's also some gorgeous whites, middle-easterners, africans, etcetera. It just seems that in the western world there's this fascination with asian women, particular Filipino and Japanese. I never understood it myself.

The_Face_of_Boo
Veteran
Veteran

17 May 2017, 1:06 pm

Jacoby wrote:
What is your working theory? Is this with women in Lebanon or everywhere?

No, the thread is about the East-Asian women... everywhere.

The_Face_of_Boo
Veteran
Veteran

17 May 2017, 1:24 pm

AngelRho wrote:
Sabreclaw wrote:
The_Face_of_Boo wrote:
Chronos wrote:
The_Face_of_Boo wrote:
Chronos wrote:
The_Face_of_Boo wrote:
Quote:
then perhaps they are women who cannot find men of suitable status in their country.

That doesn't explain for those who wanted to have something casual with me.

Maybe they think you are exotic.

I am not particularly more exotic looking than my other countrymen.

*shrug*

This may sound crazy, but if feels, as if all members of each group (communities..etc), while each member is an individual with their unique traits, are connected to a different central hive mind thing that defines for them what's attractive and what's not.
It cannot be a coincidence chronos! There must be something cultural or maybe even genetic on a population scale - How else do you explain that in some demographics I get dozens even hundreds (like on tinder) of approvals while in others i get zero?

It's probably a cultural thing. I hear a lot of white males talking about "hot asians"; they seem to like them more than white women.

Asian women are very beautiful in my opinion.

Wouldn't date 'em, though. Well, I wouldn't date IN Korea or Japan, nor would I date a 1st or 2nd gen asian in America. Reason being incompatible traditions. I can't handle a woman who flips out because a) I don't answer texts immediately or b) insists on inspecting my cell phone for signs of possible cheating. I have nothing to hide, and my SO can see my phone any time she likes. But the constant suspicion, trying to fit in with parents, all the competition among girls...it's just too much.

None of this sounds alien to me nor to the culture I live in really.

AngelRho
Veteran
Veteran

17 May 2017, 5:31 pm

Haha! Ah, sorry to hear, Boo.

In the USA, there are women who are like that. The best practice is to avoid psychotic women who do that. We tend to be a lot more chill about that unless there really is reason to believe cheating is going on.

In certain parts of east asia, that's just part of the culture. What fascinates me more is the pressure among girls to use their bf as competition, IOW "my bf is better because..." and show off expensive gifts as evidence and the like. I would be so lost if I had to navigate that kind of relational minefield.

seaweed
Veteran
Veteran

17 May 2017, 6:47 pm

The_Face_of_Boo wrote:
seaweed wrote:
sp00ky

You spook me somehow.

it's probably just seaweed but run anyway

The_Face_of_Boo
Veteran
Veteran

18 May 2017, 7:23 am

AngelRho wrote:
Haha! Ah, sorry to hear, Boo.

In the USA, there are women who are like that. The best practice is to avoid psychotic women who do that. We tend to be a lot more chill about that unless there really is reason to believe cheating is going on.

In certain parts of east asia, that's just part of the culture. What fascinates me more is the pressure among girls to use their bf as competition, IOW "my bf is better because..." and show off expensive gifts as evidence and the like. I would be so lost if I had to navigate that kind of relational minefield.

My last date (Who's Filipina/Chinese/Korean mix and lived for years in S.Korea) told me the main reason why she decided to work abroad was 1-independence (otherwise she'll keep living with her mom) and 2-to run away from her mother who keeps bugging her for marriage.
She told me about a kind of "ad catalogue" they produce in South Korea for men seeking wives ads: Name/age+ Photo + job title + Assets (Home size, car model...etc); and her mom was used to keep showing her the suitors on it.
And she also told me about the "Wives market" in China, where parents puts marriage ads for their daughters with a brideprice tag.

This is is the case for the whole East when it comes to marriage btw, and not only East-Asia; the Eastern culture's evaluation of men didn't much progress beyond "How many cows he offers" and of women as "her beauty = x cows".

There are few.....materialism-related red flags about her though btw, and probably she inherited those ideas from her mother. I so like her ideas and her geeky interests, but her money talk at times made me feel uneasy - I am still watching for signs before making a final judgement.

AngelRho
Veteran
Veteran

18 May 2017, 9:40 am

Exactly. They keep girls on short leashes over there. And once they DO get married, the reverse happens. Your home will be SPOTLESS. You'll have everything you ever wanted...

...until the baby comes. Once you make babies with them, you might as well not even exist. Enjoy it while it lasts! There's a cultural tendency to put raising children as THE single topmost priority, beyond which nothing else in life matters. As long as intimacy isn't a big deal to you, this can work in your favor. Longer hours at work, promotions/changing companies, going to the gym every day to keep fit, hanging out at bars with friends, and really whatever you want to do.

There are pros/cons to everything.

It reminds me of cats mating. A male cat will try to stay with his female after the deed is done and will even fight off other males. Once a female has gotten what she wants from the male, and she usually seems quite proud of herself afterwards, she has no further use for him and will fight him off if he gets too close. And the males always have this really sad, confused look, like, "but I thought..." It's all kinds of hilarious and pathetic all at once. The fact that there are human beings in the world that would choose that as a matter of courtship, marriage, and life just boggles my mind. I honestly can't imagine that.

The_Face_of_Boo
Veteran
Veteran

18 May 2017, 2:27 pm

A male cat may kill his own kitten to make the female cat grieves and goes in heat state again.

So it is very understandable why cat mothers after pregnancy would abondon their Toms and fight them off, they're total asshol killers, AngelRho. :p

The_Face_of_Boo
Veteran
Veteran

19 May 2017, 5:18 am

seaweed wrote:
The_Face_of_Boo wrote:
seaweed wrote:
sp00ky

You spook me somehow.

it's probably just seaweed but run anyway

I see dead people...

RetroGamer87
Veteran
Veteran

19 May 2017, 7:35 am

It's the same with me lately. I dated 3 different Asian girls in rapid succession.

Benjamin the Donkey
Veteran
Veteran

19 May 2017, 8:09 am

AngelRho wrote:

My wife is Asian and does none of these things.

The_Face_of_Boo wrote:
This is is the case for the whole East when it comes to marriage btw, and not only East-Asia; the Eastern culture's evaluation of men didn't much progress beyond "How many cows he offers" and of women as "her beauty = x cows".

Once again, not accurate. My wife is beautiful, smart and has a good job. I am not remotely rich.

AngelRho
Veteran
Veteran

19 May 2017, 9:23 am

The_Face_of_Boo wrote:
A male cat may kill his own kitten to make the female cat grieves and goes in heat state again.

So it is very understandable why cat mothers after pregnancy would abondon their Toms and fight them off, they're total asshol killers, AngelRho. :p

I'm talking immediately after mating, though. They don't even wait for pregnancy!

The_Face_of_Boo
Veteran
Veteran

19 May 2017, 10:32 am

Benjamin the Donkey wrote:
AngelRho wrote:

The_Face_of_Boo wrote:

Once again, not accurate. My wife is beautiful, smart and has a good job. I am not remotely rich.

I was more referring to the parents/social' views on marriage in our part of the world.
My current "date" isn't like that hence why she moved away from her mom (yet she did exhibit some few old fashioned ideas about men and women).
and the Asian woman I dated before her loved me almost *unconditionally*.

AngelRho
Veteran
Veteran

19 May 2017, 1:32 pm

Benjamin the Donkey wrote:
AngelRho wrote:

The_Face_of_Boo wrote:

In Korea, it's more common for unmarrieds to live with their parents. Which means sleepovers are out of the question. Which also means she will have a curfew. Yes, we're talking about ADULTS here. And parents will try to break you up if they don't like you. You dating Dos Equis Man? You boyfriend not interesting enough! And that's IF you even get to meet the parents, which is a bigger deal over there. So, basically, you only get one shot, kiddo. And then there's the so-called "couples culture."

Japanese girls would go all James Bond on you if they could. You'll need to hand over your cell phone as soon as you get together so she can look for clues you're cheating. I bet girls over there use GPS and spy satellite technology to keep track of their bfs.

I get that not EVERYONE is like that, or even that all Koreans or Japanese participate in that kind of cultural activity any more than "all Americans are billionaires" or whatever. But that is a large component of youth culture in parts of Asia. I would enjoy casual blind dates with Asian women. Anything more serious than that likely won't work out.