Finding girls attractive long before puberty.

Page 1 of 2 [ 18 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

PaperMajora
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

16 May 2017, 7:38 am

Ok I feel a bit awkward posting this but is it normal for kids on the spectrum to find their preferred gender attractive and have sexual thoughts long before they hit puberty? Without sounding like a creep, ever since I was a small boy I was attracted to the opposite sex, and was baffled to learn that some males don't even notice girls until they're 13-14.

Alita
Veteran
Veteran

16 May 2017, 7:44 am

PaperMajora wrote:
Ok I feel a bit awkward posting this but is it normal for kids on the spectrum to find their preferred gender attractive and have sexual thoughts long before they hit puberty? Without sounding like a creep, ever since I was a small boy I was attracted to the opposite sex, and was baffled to learn that some males don't even notice girls until they're 13-14.

No, it's completely normal! :)

PaperMajora
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

16 May 2017, 8:08 am

NT normal or ND normal?

Joe90
Veteran
Veteran

16 May 2017, 9:05 am

Some children do, others don't until they hit puberty. I don't think being on the spectrum makes a lot of difference.

rowan_nichol
Veteran
Veteran

16 May 2017, 11:23 am

I suspect we will find where our interests lie at quote varied times as we developed.

What is the really important question is the understanding of consent, appropriate behaviour, safeguarding vulnerable people from harm.

NorthWind
Veteran
Veteran

16 May 2017, 1:12 pm

PaperMajora wrote:
NT normal or ND normal?

I think it's normal for NT and ND people. The people I know who were attracted to the opposite sex before they hit puberty are extroverted NTs.

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

16 May 2017, 7:05 pm

I had crushes on girls starting from the age of 5.

I had a full-blown crush on the older (teenaged) sister of a friend of mine when I was 11. I don't know if I wanted to have sex with her---but I felt romantic towards her.

I didn't show any signs of puberty until I was 13.

2wheels4ever
Veteran
Veteran

16 May 2017, 11:26 pm

My man-plumbing didn't fully start working until I was 17. My "type" was established between 5 and 8 years of age (it may have stemmed from my gazing at Linda Ronstadt album covers, being in a Hispanic majority area or a combination of the 2). About 10-11 years though I had a fleeting hard crush on a couple of pixie blonde/ blue eye coltish fillies. 1 was tied into my Anglophile aspect, that she lived in England for a time, and the other (in retrospect had to have been crushing on me) dressed as a heavy-metal chick for Halloween. That was about the only time I'd ever been face-blind

Benjamin the Donkey
Veteran
Veteran

17 May 2017, 1:08 am

I'm AS and I definitely had attractions/crushes long before reaching physical puberty.

izzeme
Veteran
Veteran

17 May 2017, 7:20 am

PaperMajora wrote:
NT normal or ND normal?

NT normal.
In elementary school, girls are often called "icky gross", but that doesn't mean that boys in that age don't find girls in their age bracket attractive, in one way or another.

Nyctalope
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

17 May 2017, 10:51 am

I've had erections since elementary school.

League_Girl
Veteran
Veteran

17 May 2017, 11:08 am

PaperMajora wrote:
NT normal or ND normal?

It's normal for all humans. Some kids just know their sexuality before puberty. My uncle knew he was gay when he was in 3rd grade because he noticed he liked other boys, not in a way that most boys like other boys because they are going through a "girls have cooties" stage.

Daughter: NT, no diagnoses.

Lace-Bane
Veteran
Veteran

17 May 2017, 11:46 am

not sure how common it is. had a couple puppy love girlfriends that were tomboys as a child between ages six and ten, but never understood sexual attraction. it was more like, they were good friends and the rest was emulating adult public behaviors. most friends growing throughout life have been girls/women, but even at thirty, attraction is exceptionally uncommon. a woman can be recognized stupefyingly gorgeous, but not be received attractive in the least... a certain rarity of bold and lovely spirit appears to have to tip the scale.

GiantHockeyFan
Veteran
Veteran

17 May 2017, 1:24 pm

I was attracted to girls from almost as early as I can remember. I would say it started at age 4. That's probably why I couldn't understand anyone who was unsure of their sexuality: I have always found girls attractive. Of course, that didn't stop me from being constantly bullied for "being gay".

adoylelb90815
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

17 May 2017, 8:03 pm

I also think it's a normal human thing, has nothing to do with neurodiversity. We're generally sexual beings, as in male fetuses, erections have been observed during ultrasounds, so some parents found out that way that they were going to have a boy.

Anon_92
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

18 May 2017, 1:31 am

Wiki "Neotany" LOL I never searched it but Rule 43... it's there somewhere.