Rollercoaster Tycoon 2 - thrilling rollercoasters?

Page 1 of 1 [ 4 posts ] 

Joe90
Veteran
Veteran

16 May 2017, 1:20 pm

I love playing RCT2 on my laptop but there's one annoying problem in the game.
I usually go on to scenario editor and make my own park from scratch, and this time I selected the "guests prefer more intense rides" option, because I had inspiration to build really cool rollercoasters, and I wanted my park to have mostly rollercoasters.

There was lots of choice of rollercoasters in the build a ride section, with all different features like corkscrew tracks, vertical drops, loops and more, and so I took advantage of it and built really great rollercoasters. But the stupid wimpy guests won't go on the rollercoasters that I build because they're "too intense". I try to decrease the height and speed of my rollercoasters, but they're still "too intense" - even though the already-built rollercoasters are far more intense and the guests go on them.

What's the point in rollercoasters having all these cool features if the guests are too scared to go on them? How do I get my guests to go on my rollercoasters? It's really frustrating.

Mr_Miner
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

18 May 2017, 9:09 pm

I was obsessed with these games back in the day. I even thought of becoming engineer for rides but realized I am not a good engineer. I had the same problem with my cool coasters. :cry:

AspergersActor8693
Veteran
Veteran

08 Jun 2017, 9:11 am

I can't tell you how many hours I have spent on that game. I still play it to this day.

To answer your question, while I don't build my custom parks with guests only liking intense roller coasters (I like having a variety of different rides) I think you need a few gentle rides or low intensity thrill rides in your park. Usually when your guests go on rides like that a few times, their tolerance for intense rides go up. It might be a good idea to try that.

saxgeek
Veteran
Veteran

10 Jun 2017, 1:31 am

You generally want to limit the amount of vertical and lateral G forces on your rides. Bank every turn, and make slope transitions as smooth as possible. That seems to help. I often look at the graph during a test run, and if there is a huge spike, I can redo that section of the ride to make it smoother and reduce the intensity.