Page 1 of 1 [ 8 posts ] 

AnonymousAnonymous
Veteran
Veteran

Meistersinger
Veteran
Veteran

16 May 2017, 5:27 pm

I'm going to piss quite a few people off, but who cares? If and when abortion becomes illegal in the U.S. (and it should certainly be made illegal under ALL circumstances) why should our foreign aid support it? For that matter, why supply foreign aid to any country, only to have that country turn around and sh!t all over us? Let 'em fend for themselves, for a change, and stop using Uncle Sugar as a sugar daddy. For that matter, why not drop a lexan curtain around the US, a la the iron curtain the Soviets drew up in the 1950's?

friedmacguffins
Veteran
Veteran

17 May 2017, 1:43 pm

I have said the same thing, repeatedly. Right or wrong, with me or against me, at least, be consistent.

There was a shock scene, in Orca, when it has a miscarriage, and it is considered terrible, when other species lose their young. Then, we humans should be covered by a state designation, to the effect that we are protected?

Sweetleaf
Veteran
Veteran

17 May 2017, 2:44 pm

So you actually think abortion should be illegal no matter what, even including rape of a minor? well yeah I think that is pretty sickening and you shouldn't concern yourself so much with other peoples bodies.

That said it will not be made illegal nation wide, there are too many people who support responsibility and not having children you're unable to take care of or don't want. It could end up being left up more to states, but its not going to be completely outlawed regardless of how much people like you want to impose your religious beliefs.

This may piss you off but if you don't want an abortion don't get one...how about that. Yeah yeah I know once the sperm touches the egg it's a fully conscious sentient being according to your religious beliefs...totally ignoring the actual 9 month it takes for the sperm fertilized egg, to turn into a clump of cells, then an embroyo, than a fetus and eventually a baby.

But yeah in the real world its not a baby till after it is a fetus, so trying to ban abortion even at the earliest stages is akin to accusing males of murder when they masturbate, sperm are living cells to.

Sweetleaf
Veteran
Veteran

17 May 2017, 2:52 pm

friedmacguffins wrote:
I have said the same thing, repeatedly. Right or wrong, with me or against me, at least, be consistent.

There was a shock scene, in Orca, when it has a miscarriage, and it is considered terrible, when other species lose their young. Then, we humans should be covered by a state designation, to the effect that we are protected?

We humans shouldn't be forced by the government to have a baby if an unwanted pregnancy occurs, it should even be encouraged to get a morning after pill or if you don't find out in time for that get an abortion asap(the earlier the better obviously).

friedmacguffins
Veteran
Veteran

19 May 2017, 2:56 pm

Should an animal be caused to miscarry -- particularly, an endangered one?

Quote:
I think that is pretty sickening and you shouldn't concern yourself so much with other peoples bodies.

But, I want no part in it.

Taxing me, for this, implies that I have to actively participate, or I can be dispossessed and caged at gun point.

Am I forcing you to do anything, here-and-now?

Do I make you do anything, which you consider morally objectionable, where I could have someone in uniform come pound on your door?

What do you need me for, if you don't like my opinion?

The other thing, which I would like emphasize, about law enforcement -- if that is your only measure of right and wrong -- if that determines whether you get paid -- what if a different law is passed, in favor rightists. Do you still say everyone has to do it, because it's written on some piece of paper? What if I want to be paid, for my worldview.

the_phoenix
Veteran
Veteran

19 May 2017, 8:57 pm

Sweetleaf wrote:
you shouldn't concern yourself so much with other peoples bodies.

The mother shouldn't kill the unborn baby's body.
The unborn baby is indeed another person.

friedmacguffins
Veteran
Veteran

20 May 2017, 3:26 pm

Again, can she do it, without any of my concern, whatsoever.