Are you happy with how your life is turning out?

Page 1 of 3 [ 43 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next

ASPartOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

17 May 2017, 2:59 am

I am not happy about how it is turning out with the cancer, stroke, bieng on SSI, medicaid

I am happy about how I am coping with all this s**t. I would have never been able to do this had I not gotten diagnosed just before all this started. I now know what will trigger me and I am not as hard on myself as I would have been. Hanging out here, posting all the autism stories on WP has given me a purpose in life.

65%

It is Autism Acceptance Month

“My autism is not a superpower. It also isn’t some kind of god-forsaken, endless fountain of suffering inflicted on my family. It’s just part of who I am as a person”. - Sara Luterman

nick007
Veteran
Veteran

Location: was Louisiana but now Vermont in the police state called USA

17 May 2017, 4:32 am

I would guess 75%. I never really thought about my future when I was in school. The only thing I knew I really wanted was to be out of school & I achieved that dream after I graduated high-school. I have an amazing girlfriend that I'm living with. We would like to be married but it'll screw up her benefits cuz we're both disabled. I have worked some in the past & I kind of miss some things about it but I'm not looking for a job rite now cuz my girlfriend has anxiety & depression issues & doesn't want to be alone for too long & I do love spending time with her so it works. What we're worried about is the GOP screwing up our benefits & us having to move in with my parents.

"Hear all, trust nothing"
~Ferengi Rule Of Acquisition #190
https://memory-alpha.fandom.com/wiki/Ru ... cquisition

IstominFan
Veteran
Veteran

17 May 2017, 9:08 am

I am beginning to resolve an issue I have been having recently. I hope to get back to the level I had at the beginning of the year, and move forward. I am nowhere near where I should be at my age, but I would like to hope I can someday achieve that.

Joe90
Veteran
Veteran

17 May 2017, 10:33 am

Weeeeeell....... I would be happy if my mum wasn't riddled with cancer that can easily come back at any given time.

Also I am in a difficult situation with work. I want to move in with my boyfriend and get married, but he lives 25 miles away from where I live, so it would mean I'd have to find a new job nearer to where he lives, and I am SO anxious of getting a new job in case I'm going to be miserable. I know that's anyone's worry, but as an Aspie I'm more likely to run into problems at work. I am quite lucky where I work now, social-wise. So there's a bit of an awkward situation there, and it's not easy for my boyfriend to move nearer.

justkillingtime
Veteran
Veteran

17 May 2017, 11:02 am

metaldanielle wrote:
A couple months ago, I gave my therapist my monthly update on how my life was going and he was literally speechless. For context, he used to work at the VA, he's heard horror stories. My life is a nightmare. Every aspect of my life is screwed up and each issue blocks help to solve another and it's this tangled web of hell.

I relate to metaldanielle. I probably give myself a 10% happy with my life. I feel anxiety and depression drag me down. A different person would be very happy with my life. I got some of what I wanted in life when I thought about it as a child and I did not get other things. What I did get is very valuable to me and was better than I imagined it to be. I just feel, like metaldanielle, caught in a web of hell.

IdahoRose
Veteran
Veteran

17 May 2017, 12:38 pm

Although I highly doubt my childhood dream of becoming a "famous manga artist living in Japan" will ever come to fruition, I'm still very pleased with my life. I'd give it about a 98%. It certainly helps that I'm on a new antidepressant that's been working well for me - It's given me a whole new perspective on life.

Brainfre3ze_93
Veteran
Veteran

17 May 2017, 1:59 pm

I said 25% happy with my life right now. I have a job right now(doesn't have great pay but it's something) Still in my parent's house(thankfully they're kind, and haven't kicked me out) Even if I wanted to live on my own, where would I go? Housing is so expensive right now. Even apartments are 800-900 dollars a month, which is practically my entire paycheck if not more. So I could pay for it, but I wouldn't have anything left to save. Life has not turned out like I thought it would, and I was not expecting much, to begin with, a few years ago it was worse.I was maybe 10% happy with my life I didn't have a job and was becoming depressed. So much so that I considered suicide ( I got help for it, but yeah I was not in a great place) I don't have any desire to have dreams, to be honest. Maybe not be a total embarrassment to my family, but who knows?

equestriatola
Veteran
Veteran

Location: Half of me is in the Washington state, the other Los Angeles.

17 May 2017, 5:26 pm

While I am fairly happy with a few things, I do think that my life could be better. But at the same time, I also realize how much worse it can be. So, I'm grateful for the things that I have right now, even as my near future is a bit murky.

The Canadian Football League - What We're Made Of

Feel free to talk to me, if you wish. :)

Every day is a gift- cherish it!

"A true, true friend helps a friend in need."

TheWalrys435
Raven
Raven

21 May 2017, 12:15 am

Brainfre3ze_93 wrote:
I said 25% happy with my life right now. I have a job right now(doesn't have great pay but it's something) Still in my parent's house(thankfully they're kind, and haven't kicked me out) Even if I wanted to live on my own, where would I go? Housing is so expensive right now. Even apartments are 800-900 dollars a month, which is practically my entire paycheck if not more. So I could pay for it, but I wouldn't have anything left to save. Life has not turned out like I thought it would, and I was not expecting much, to begin with, a few years ago it was worse.I was maybe 10% happy with my life I didn't have a job and was becoming depressed. So much so that I considered suicide ( I got help for it, but yeah I was not in a great place) I don't have any desire to have dreams, to be honest. Maybe not be a total embarrassment to my family, but who knows?

Dang man. That's heavy. That last thing you said about your dream maybe just being to not be an embarrassment to your family. I feel that. Sometimes, when I feel genuine shame, it's over that same issue. I hate the idea of being an embarrassment to my family and in some ways, I kind of am. The worst part is feeling like an embarrassment to my niece and nephew. I so don't want them to be ashamed of me...even more so than the other adults in my family.

TheWalrys435
Raven
Raven

21 May 2017, 12:24 am

ASPartOfMe wrote:
I am not happy about how it is turning out with the cancer, stroke, bieng on SSI, medicaid

I am happy about how I am coping with all this s**t. I would have never been able to do this had I not gotten diagnosed just before all this started. I now know what will trigger me and I am not as hard on myself as I would have been. Hanging out here, posting all the autism stories on WP has given me a purpose in life.

65%

I'm enjoying this site too. It's cathartic to be able to communicate your difficulties and frustrations. Even if no one can "help" you per sai, just talking with people who share our unique difficulty is proving somewhat therapeutic for me. There's that happiness that comes from knowing that you're not the only one who goes through all these unfortunate social difficulties. It's like, we're individuals and just because we're aspies, doesn't mean we're going to understand one another...but at least I'm detecting a lot less judgment than I'm used to.
Sry to read about your health ailments. Hope things get better soon.

TheWalrys435
Raven
Raven

21 May 2017, 12:34 am

IdahoRose wrote:
Although I highly doubt my childhood dream of becoming a "famous manga artist living in Japan" will ever come to fruition, I'm still very pleased with my life. I'd give it about a 98%. It certainly helps that I'm on a new antidepressant that's been working well for me - It's given me a whole new perspective on life.

I'm still trying to be a "famous" writer. I don't know how famous this Japanese magna artists you're talking about get, but 26 is not even close to old. I wouldn't give up that passion if it's what you love. Heck, even if you weren't famous for it, just being a part of it sounds like it would be a dream come true. For myself, I'd be happy just to get anything published. In real life, fame would probably work out very badly for me anyway.

TheWalrys435
Raven
Raven

21 May 2017, 12:38 am

justkillingtime wrote:
metaldanielle wrote:
A couple months ago, I gave my therapist my monthly update on how my life was going and he was literally speechless. For context, he used to work at the VA, he's heard horror stories. My life is a nightmare. Every aspect of my life is screwed up and each issue blocks help to solve another and it's this tangled web of hell.

I relate to metaldanielle. I probably give myself a 10% happy with my life. I feel anxiety and depression drag me down. A different person would be very happy with my life. I got some of what I wanted in life when I thought about it as a child and I did not get other things. What I did get is very valuable to me and was better than I imagined it to be. I just feel, like metaldanielle, caught in a web of hell.

Is the "web of hell" aspie related or are you just talking about the everyday difficulty of life?

ASPartOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

21 May 2017, 2:27 am

TheWalrys435 wrote:

Sry to read about your health ailments. Hope things get better soon.

Thanks

It is Autism Acceptance Month

“My autism is not a superpower. It also isn’t some kind of god-forsaken, endless fountain of suffering inflicted on my family. It’s just part of who I am as a person”. - Sara Luterman

C2V
Veteran
Veteran

21 May 2017, 2:43 am

I wasn't supposed to survive, so I really didn't have any expectations of life when I was younger, considering I wasn't supposed to have one. Then I had a 50/50 chance later and ended up getting in on the 50% that survive, then within the last few years I got the death speech again but nowdays, looks like I dodged the reaper again.
That's good I guess.
Percentage? I don't know, I've had to reassess that. For a long time I got sucked into "the script," and if you weren't fulfilling that script, your life was a failure. You know - have a perfect childhood, go to scouts or whatever, play on a sports team, hit (or preferably exceed) all your developmental markers, then get through high school with good grades, do something acceptable like go on a debating team and become a prefect, go to university in something acceptable like teaching, top your class in alumni, get married, travel for a while with your spouse until you settle down to work a part time job and have children and a white picket fence.
Basically, be my sister.
But I realized that that life would be hell for me, and I didn't even want it.
So alternative life is in the making. But I'm really too old for this, thanks to autistic developmental issues.
I'm not happy with a lot of it, one particular aspect severely not happy with it as it requires money I don't have, but I think it's definitely getting better than it was when I was younger. Hopefully as I get older, it can get better.

dan89z
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

21 May 2017, 2:48 am

Somewhat, I graduated high school and college, got my drivers licence (manual transmission) and I had my first child at 26. I've worked in IT Support/Network Admin, I've also done a lot of unskilled work in factories.

I live semi-independently, acting as a carer for my mother.

Being autistic I have to plan ahead for everything but it seems to be working well.

IstominFan
Veteran
Veteran

21 May 2017, 8:48 am

I have a dream of writing the life story of Denis Istomin. I don't know who would read it, as he isn't as well known as the "Big Four" tennis players (Federer, Nadal, Djokovic, Murray), but it would be a fun project. I would like to introduce the world to a player who has been a big source of inspiration to me.