Page 1 of 1 [ 4 posts ] 

Kreid0126
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

16 May 2017, 9:26 pm

Hello,

I am thinking about selling my Pokemon cards but I don't know where to start. Can anyone tell me:

*Where I should sell them (ebay, etc.)
*How I should sell them (in a group, one at a time, etc.)
* and anything else that I need to know about.

Mr_Miner
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

18 May 2017, 9:07 pm

I would start with comic book shops or something like that. They might give you a nice deal trading it all in at once and they will have the customers to buy. But they also might screw you and not give you a fair price.

I am not too familer with the market on those cards. I know when I was in middle and high school some of them were worth a lot. A quick google search got me this site. I would browse it before I trust any trade in value. Sell the really high value ones on their own. The cheaper ones in bulk deals.

http://pokemonprices.com/

fakkau89
Raven
Raven

21 May 2017, 12:46 am

It's been a while since I had pokemon cards, I either lost them or they were stolen wayyy back in primary school, shame too because my dad bought me the 50 dolla charizard holo. :'(

AspergersActor8693
Veteran
Veteran

06 Jun 2017, 9:31 pm

I buy and resell things online for extra income. Trading cards are one kind of item I usually sell.

How you should sell them depends on exactly what it is you have. Do you have older cards or newer ones? How many rare cards do you have in your collection? If you have a lot of them (lets say a few hundred at least) then selling as a lot would be the best way to sell. If you have individual cards that are particularly valuable, then selling those cards on their own would be good, then sell the ones that aren't as valuable as a lot. You can probably get more money for them selling this way, but it will take more time and effort on your part to list and sell them. If you just want them gone in one go, then list them as a lot with the rare ones specifically mentioned in the title.

In terms of where you sell them; assuming you don't want to deal with people face to face (Craigslist) then I'd say eBay is probably the best bet. There are other eCommerce sites, but they are not as well known. Be sure that you read and understand all the rules on eBay before you list, and make sure you accurately list them. A scammers favorite target is a new, inexperienced seller who has no idea what they are doing.

I hope this was helpful. Feel free to message me with any other questions. I have been a successful e-seller since 2012 so I have a fair amount of knowledge I can share.