Page 1 of 1 [ 2 posts ] 

ASPartOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

17 May 2017, 2:06 am

What Does The Good Doctor Mean for Daniel Dae Kim's Future on Hawaii Five-0?

The show is a "Gray's Anatomy" spinoff

Quote:
Earlier this month, ABC picked up a new medical drama The Good Doctor, which was developed by Hawaii Five-0 star Kim and David Shore. Based on the South Korean series of the same name, the series stars Freddie Highmore as a young surgeon with autism and savant syndrome.

Trailer

It is Autism Acceptance Month

“My autism is not a superpower. It also isn’t some kind of god-forsaken, endless fountain of suffering inflicted on my family. It’s just part of who I am as a person”. - Sara Luterman

ASPartOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

21 Sep 2017, 12:40 am

An actor on the show Richard Schiff of “West Wing” fame has involvement with “Cure Autism Now”
How The Good Doctor lured Richard Schiff back to TV full-time

Quote:
I generally don’t watch a lot of medical shows, so I didn’t quite know what to think about that, but I liked David a lot and I have a history with autism, and I thought that was a theme that struck me as being very personal and something worth exploring,” Schiff says. Although he declined to elaborate on his personal history with autism, he did share that he has been involved with the organization Cure Autism Now since his time on The West Wing. “I’ve been witness to kind of the whole spectrum, and I find it a fascinating subject.”

As the season progresses, we’ll see Dr. Glassman help Shaun navigate office politics and “learn how to proceed in a proper fashion, because he’s making some mistakes of mannerism, let’s say, and he gets in a couple touchy situations, one of which I help him out of,” teases Schiff. “Early on, I’m basically his protector and his guidance person.”

It is Autism Acceptance Month

“My autism is not a superpower. It also isn’t some kind of god-forsaken, endless fountain of suffering inflicted on my family. It’s just part of who I am as a person”. - Sara Luterman