Page 1 of 1 [ 3 posts ] 

Buffaloni
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

17 May 2017, 11:09 pm

I'm not too great with introductions, so here goes.

I'm 19, from the US, and not officially diagnosed, however I am fairly certain that I am on the spectrum and intend to seek an official diagnosis at some point. I came to discover that I might be autistic when a friend pointed out to me that I shared a lot of behaviors and characteristics with her sister who was on the spectrum. I am highly sensitive to light, touch, sound, texture, etc and have been teased for being a "picky eater" since I was a kid (there are very few tastes/textures that I can stand). I struggle with knowing how to act in social situations and am very easily overwhelmed by a lot of noise, commotion, or emotion. I'm also deeply rooted in routine and even the slightest changes can throw me completely off track. This has resulted in a lot of difficulty functioning at school and work.

I'm a pre-med student with a lot of strange obsessions (right now it's giraffes and the ITV crime drama, Broadchurch). I also enjoy playing the ukulele, learning about biology/medicine, and art.

Since coming to terms with the possibility of having Asperger's/ASD, I've been wanting to connect with others who can relate and/or are going through a similar experience. From what I've seen so far, Wrong Planet is just what I've been looking for.

Happy to be here! :D

Alita
Veteran
Veteran

18 May 2017, 4:57 am

Welcome to Wrong Planet!

You sound really smart. I've never met a ukulele player before. :)

AnonymousAnonymous
Veteran
Veteran

20 May 2017, 5:47 pm

Welcome to Wrong Planet! :)