Page 1 of 2 [ 21 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

ltcvnzl
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

User avatar

Joined: 26 Feb 2017
Age: 23
Gender: Female
Posts: 494

18 May 2017, 2:58 pm

I can feel much better if I'm busy, but if I don't have any obligation, I don't have initiative to do something. Any of you experience the same? How to deal with it? I can't have a full and regular schedule because my university classes are quite scattered and change often.



auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 12 Feb 2010
Gender: Male
Posts: 63,821
Location: the island of defective toy santas

18 May 2017, 4:16 pm

when you say "do something" or "get busy" would working at some kind of free-lance job qualify?



ltcvnzl
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

User avatar

Joined: 26 Feb 2017
Age: 23
Gender: Female
Posts: 494

18 May 2017, 4:26 pm

if it could keep my mind distracted, yes. although i wouldn't like a kind of job i don't need to do anything. i don't know how to get a free-lance job



auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 12 Feb 2010
Gender: Male
Posts: 63,821
Location: the island of defective toy santas

18 May 2017, 5:05 pm

free lance=entrepreneur.



ltcvnzl
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

User avatar

Joined: 26 Feb 2017
Age: 23
Gender: Female
Posts: 494

18 May 2017, 6:43 pm

i know but someone need to hire you or buy your product/service, i don't know how to do it. (in portuguese we use the term job, in english :D, to mean this sort of service, that's why I though it could mean the same)



auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 12 Feb 2010
Gender: Male
Posts: 63,821
Location: the island of defective toy santas

18 May 2017, 6:46 pm

yeh, seems entrepreneurialism is a gene one either is born with or without, cannot be taught. I just figured you had a hobby that you could monetize somehow. you might yet have one, but it's up to you to find it.



ltcvnzl
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

User avatar

Joined: 26 Feb 2017
Age: 23
Gender: Female
Posts: 494

18 May 2017, 6:49 pm

I can do graphic design stuff and architecture visualization as well, but sometimes I so drained by university that I can't work on it.

I'm swimming and I took many classes this semester – but I still have the weekend and Monday completely free. I was thinking about taking sewing classes but I won't have money.



auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 12 Feb 2010
Gender: Male
Posts: 63,821
Location: the island of defective toy santas

18 May 2017, 7:00 pm

do young people nowadays feel the need to mend clothing items? if so, your sewing might be monetizable.



ltcvnzl
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

User avatar

Joined: 26 Feb 2017
Age: 23
Gender: Female
Posts: 494

18 May 2017, 7:28 pm

but it would take long time and investment – I would need a sewing machine and I don't know how to sew yet (OK I just know very basic things). I wouldn't want to do it to monetize, I would like just to do stuff for myself.



ltcvnzl
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

User avatar

Joined: 26 Feb 2017
Age: 23
Gender: Female
Posts: 494

18 May 2017, 7:29 pm

I'm definitely not an entrepreneur person :D



auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 12 Feb 2010
Gender: Male
Posts: 63,821
Location: the island of defective toy santas

18 May 2017, 7:41 pm

mee too :alien:



shortfatbalduglyman
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

Joined: 4 Mar 2017
Age: 33
Gender: Male
Posts: 370

18 May 2017, 9:21 pm

yes, i ain't "busy" either.

but quite frankly, being "busy" is not a moral strength.

some precious lil "people" act like they are so "busy" that they are important. but that does not mean that what they are doing is important, or even justified.

seriously.

maybe they just have big egos.



ltcvnzl
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

User avatar

Joined: 26 Feb 2017
Age: 23
Gender: Female
Posts: 494

18 May 2017, 9:29 pm

shortfatbalduglyman wrote:
yes, i ain't "busy" either.

but quite frankly, being "busy" is not a moral strength.

some precious lil "people" act like they are so "busy" that they are important. but that does not mean that what they are doing is important, or even justified.

seriously.

maybe they just have big egos.


but I feel happier being busy, if I have too much free time I think bad stuff :(



auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 12 Feb 2010
Gender: Male
Posts: 63,821
Location: the island of defective toy santas

18 May 2017, 9:30 pm

ltcvnzl wrote:
shortfatbalduglyman wrote:
yes, i ain't "busy" either.

but quite frankly, being "busy" is not a moral strength.

some precious lil "people" act like they are so "busy" that they are important. but that does not mean that what they are doing is important, or even justified.

seriously.

maybe they just have big egos.


but I feel happier being busy, if I have too much free time I think bad stuff :(

how 'bout doing vigorous physical exercise? that is what kept me sane in the army. :idea:



ltcvnzl
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

User avatar

Joined: 26 Feb 2017
Age: 23
Gender: Female
Posts: 494

18 May 2017, 9:32 pm

auntblabby wrote:
ltcvnzl wrote:
shortfatbalduglyman wrote:
yes, i ain't "busy" either.

but quite frankly, being "busy" is not a moral strength.

some precious lil "people" act like they are so "busy" that they are important. but that does not mean that what they are doing is important, or even justified.

seriously.

maybe they just have big egos.


but I feel happier being busy, if I have too much free time I think bad stuff :(

how 'bout doing vigorous physical exercise? that is what kept me sane in the army. :idea:


i'm too lazy and fat for that
i'm starting with swimming, maybe in the future i'll be able to do more stuff