Page 1 of 1 [ 12 posts ] 

MSBKyle
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

18 May 2017, 7:51 pm

I purchased this school bus toy on Ebay. It was brand new and I took it out of the box. It comes with decals to put on the bus windows and doors. I ended up ruining one of the decals because I tried to fix it after it was already sticking. I tried to move it a little bit, but it ended up tearing. Now I have to send it in to this toy repair shop to have a new decal made. This isn't the first time I've had to do this. I also have another copy of the same bus and I had to go through the same thing. I feel like I don't even deserve this toy because I've ruined so many of the decals. This toy was sold in 1995 and they were a limited edition. I feel so stupid for ruining them. The bus itself isn't ruined, just one of the decals is. It may not sound like a big deal, but every time I see these buses sold on Ebay they are completed with all of their decals. Why can I not put them on right? There aren't that many of these toys and they aren't on Ebay that often. I just can't believe how stupid I am with these toy buses.

Mr_Miner
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

18 May 2017, 9:12 pm

It's OK we all make mistakes. If it can be fixed there is nothing to worry about long term right?

I can relate to feeling frustrated though. Many fine motor skill tasks like this are difficult for me too.

QuillAlba
Veteran
Veteran

18 May 2017, 9:16 pm

Your story made me smile, more than a little.

You are amongst fellow idiots here, perhaps not the exact same flavour but the same general taste.

*sticks a decal to your head*

MSBKyle
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

18 May 2017, 9:33 pm

It may not seem like a big deal, but I get frustrated over stuff like this. For me, everything has to be perfect. It is really annoying. I can easily send the toy bus off to get a new decal. I guess it is not a big deal, but still I shouldn't have to do it. I should have been able to put the decal on the bus the first time.

MSBKyle
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

18 May 2017, 9:34 pm

[quote="QuillAlba"]Your story made me smile, more than a little.

I'm glad I could add a smile to your face.

QuillAlba
Veteran
Veteran

18 May 2017, 9:43 pm

MSBKyle wrote:
It may not seem like a big deal, but I get frustrated over stuff like this. For me, everything has to be perfect. It is really annoying. I can easily send the toy bus off to get a new decal. I guess it is not a big deal, but still I shouldn't have to do it. I should have been able to put the decal on the bus the first time.

What is wrong with that though?

W91T
Toucan
Toucan

19 May 2017, 2:53 pm

I seem to do a lot of these kinds of mistakes too, it's not a good idea to let me borrow things.

slw1990
Veteran
Veteran

20 May 2017, 1:19 pm

I get this feeling too when I make mistakes over simple things.

BeaArthur
Veteran
Veteran

20 May 2017, 2:21 pm

Your frustration is not a result of any fine motor skills deficiency, it's a result of an overly perfectionistic approach. I think you might want to work on that with a therapist, because it can really hold a person back in life. Here's a little adage that you might find useful:

"Perfect" is the enemy of "Good".

It is unclear to me if you buy and assemble these toys for play value, or because you hope to re-sell them on eBay. If it's solely for play value, I must say you don't seem to be enjoying yourself. Please correct me if I am misinterpreting your post.

MSBKyle
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

21 May 2017, 9:16 am

I do struggle with perfectionism. My brain has to have everything perfect. I get very discouraged when I ruin something. Whenever I ruin something and can't fix it myself, I go online and search for a professional who can fix it for me. I have spent lots of money over the last 5 years getting different things fixed. I don't understand why I am so clumsy and careless. This toy that I got is one of my favorite toys. I already have one, so I like to purchase other ones and sell them on EBay. When I got my very first one, I struggled with putting the decals on that one and had to send it to get a new decal made. I also had to do the same with this other bus that I bought. Whenever this toy is sold on eBay used, the decals are on there neatly. I don't understand why I struggle so much with them. I have decided not to buy another one because I don't want to ruin anymore.

MSBKyle
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

21 May 2017, 9:42 am

I know that making mistakes is human nature, but for me, it seems to be one mistake after the other. I just can't seem to get anything right. I don't intentionally set out to make mistakes, they just happen quite frequently. I don't know how to prevent them or fix them. I can't even handle the simplist task of putting decals neatly on a toy. My mistakes in life end up turning into regrets which are very painful to deal with.n

BTDT
Veteran
Veteran

21 May 2017, 11:17 am

I find my motor skills get better if I practice. A cheap and simple activity is to practice writing every day. Have you tried practicing with cheap decals?