Sad , stressed and worried.

Page 1 of 1 [ 3 posts ] 

sly279
Veteran
Veteran

19 May 2017, 1:02 am

I'm under yet another review for ssi, along with work doing random reviews(for which due to my disability I probably fail, ironic). Oh and my work(retail) is planning to go to commission instead of hourly, not sure how that work in retail. But won't be good for as sly :(

Something else is im still super lonely and feel worthless. I wonder if we aren't worse off then low functioning autisrics. They don't seem to know how bad they have it, but we are awar enough to know we are faulty and unwanted in the world.

All I know is it sucks to know and can't do anything, and get to see others enjoy relationships and love, while I'll never get to. To know no matter what I'm never good enough. I'm not even able to keep a min wage job many consider not even a job. Yet ssi may consider me non disabled. :(

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

19 May 2017, 6:06 pm

Hey Sly,

I believe you are still entitled to make minimum wage, and are still under the overtime laws, if they establish a commission system where you work.

Apparently, only people working in "outside sales" can be put on a straight commission system and not be subject to the minimum wage laws.

You should ask around. But not your employer.

Good luck in your SSI review.

C2V
Veteran
Veteran

21 May 2017, 12:14 am

This reads like you need a major morale kicker.
If your job is making you feel like nothing, maybe seek to up-confidence yourself elsewhere?
Maybe you could join in with a group, meet other people who don't care about your job and you can have a good time with? Or take up some study and get really proficient at a skill? That may help show you you aren't worthless, you can learn and master things, you can get good at something and be able to share that, or even teach it to other people?
Have you considered retraining to find a more secure job, maybe one you can like a lot better? I know this is tough as I'm in the process of doing this myself, so it's not a flippant suggestion, but I believe it could make a difference to me and probably you. If you can feel good about yourself through the work you do, or what you choose to focus your time on elsewhere (for example someone I was speaking to recently volunteers time on 7cups.com, to help counsel other people) can raise your regard for yourself and help make you feel like you're making a worthwhile contribution.