Alien vs. Predator: Requiem 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Prometheus 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Alien: Covenant 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Total votes : 9

tb86
Veteran
Veteran

19 May 2017, 6:29 am

For me it's definitely Aliens and Alien would be number 2. As far as I'm concerned like pretty much almost anyone in the world those two are the only good ones. I can't say Alien 3 is solid enough as it's kinda of a mess though not exactly god awful. Honestly I choose not to consider it canon mostly because they killed off Newt and Hicks. Resurrection I definitely consider the worst of the movies though I'm not quite so sure. Alien vs. Predator I can't exactly say is a good movie as the characters are boring and forgettable with the exception of maybe the head of Weyland played by Lance Henriksen (who played Bishop in Aliens) however when you look pass all that and we actually get to see the Aliens and Predators fighting each other it is actually pretty cool. Sure there's not enough of it but kinda like the ending of Jurassic World and any scene containing Ben Affleck as Batman in Batman v. Superman it almost worth seeing just for those scene(s) if you're a fan of both franchise. AVP 2 is definitely not a good movie at all, in fact I dare say it might be even worse than Resurrection though to its credit it was at least shorter than Resurrection so we didn't have to suffer much but Resurrection at least looked good in the style department and despite turning out bad it did at least have more effort put into it. Prometheus was kinda of a mixed bag. I would rank it over Alien 3, Resurrection and AVP 2 and while it had better acting and at least somewhat memorable characters but that's only because they're played by people I know and have been in better things I don't think if I prefer it more to AVP. Prometheus was somewhat better in the human department I mean I remember Michael Fassbender's David and Noomi Repace's Elizabeth Shaw more than that black chick in AVP. But much like AVP it can be a little dull and while it definitely has a better style and a few good scenes now and then I remember more of the good scenes from AVP more. Covenant I only just saw and I think I prefer it more than Prometheus and at times it got a little interesting. Once again like Prometheus it had a good cast and style and even felt a little more like the original Alien than Prometheus though I did keep drifting out now and again and when Covenant had a scene that was close to good I couldn't decide if it was good or if it's just retreading the original Alien. Honestly it kinda feels like a retread and it got me thinking, why do we need a prequel to Alien. Did anyone really wanted to know where the Xenomorphs came from. I don't really think we needed Rogue One: A Star Wars Story to exist but it was at least solid, had a terrific climax and the best Darth Vader scene ever. Even though once again like Prometheus the style, effects, acting and feel was good I may still still choose AVP over it despite its characters being boring but the actual AVP stuff stands out more than anything Prometheus and Covenant dished out even though technically they may technically be better. But honestly does it really matter. I mean it's not like any of those flicks are better or just as good as the original two.

KyleTheGhost
Veteran
Veteran

19 May 2017, 6:47 am

The first two to be sure. I haven't seen Alien: Covenant yet.

Alita
Veteran
Veteran

19 May 2017, 12:53 pm

You can't beat those motion sensors from Aliens. They still give me the creeps.

KyleTheGhost
Veteran
Veteran

19 May 2017, 1:08 pm

That chest-bursting scene from the first one: Nobody saw that coming in 1979.

Alita
Veteran
Veteran

19 May 2017, 3:50 pm

KyleTheGhost wrote:

You win :king:

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

20 May 2017, 4:22 pm

I voted for Alien. The first was the best. While the other films became action-adventure, the original was a truly frightening, scifi-horror film.

Bradleigh
Veteran
Veteran

20 May 2017, 9:59 pm

I think that Aliens was the best movie of the franchise, but I liked what the first one did more for the sense of tension and horror which became increasingly less in the following movies. The better parts of the movies often being when it used what the first did more. It is kind of like how the game, Alien Isolation, had what it was so well, and you can kind of find a problem that started in Aliens in the game Alien Marines.

I am still an AvP fan though, I don't really consider myself any sort of purist, that I can just enjoy seeing them go at each other. I also enjoy Prometheus against all the hate it gets, that people complain about stupid things with it that they don't understand. I plan to some time soon of writing this to watch Covenant.

AnonymousAnonymous
Veteran
Veteran

22 May 2017, 5:10 pm

Alita wrote:
KyleTheGhost wrote:

Ridley Scott didn't tell any of the cast {except for John Hurt}about the chest-bursting scene because he wanted a reaction of natural shock from the cast. After the scene was filmed, a cast member apparently spotted John Hurt on set.

Alita
Veteran
Veteran

22 May 2017, 11:50 pm

AnonymousAnonymous wrote:
Alita wrote:
KyleTheGhost wrote:

Ridley Scott didn't tell any of the cast {except for John Hurt}about the chest-bursting scene because he wanted a reaction of natural shock from the cast. After the scene was filmed, a cast member apparently spotted John Hurt on set.

Aha, so that was his secret! Well-played, Mr Scott, well-played. 8)