Page 1 of 2 [ 19 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

fifasy
Veteran
Veteran

19 May 2017, 6:46 am

When I was a pre-teen and a teenager I would have a wee or even defecate without using soap or liquid soap afterwards. I often didn't even wash my hands with water. I never got ill much and was a healthy child. Anyone else had similarly unconventional hygiene?

Joe90
Veteran
Veteran

19 May 2017, 8:44 am

I think most children don't wash their hands unless told to.

AckAck
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

19 May 2017, 9:04 am

arielhawksquill
Veteran
Veteran

19 May 2017, 9:22 am

Washing your hands is encouraged as a public health measure, because it keeps OTHER people from getting sick. For the most part you are not going to get sick from the germs living in your own body, because you have immunity to them. The real time to wash your hands to protect your own health is before touching food with them, because your hands have picked up OTHER people's germs through the things you have touched.

harry12345
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

19 May 2017, 11:15 am

People often hand round uncovered sweets in a bag - jelly beans, bon bon, fruit pastels etc.

I never accept the offer because you don't know SSSNNNGGGFFFFFHHH who has wiped their hand across their nose before putting their hand in the packet...... 8O

boofle
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

19 May 2017, 11:20 am

Pfftttt. My toad of an other half STILL does this when he doesn't think I'm looking 8O

He really has some gross habits tho. And I mean, Gross!

Raleigh
Veteran
Veteran

19 May 2017, 9:17 pm

I still don't wash my hands.

Anon_92
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

19 May 2017, 10:28 pm

As my mother always said- "EVERYONE has to eat at least one pound of dirt..."

Kiprobalhato
Veteran
Veteran

20 May 2017, 12:23 am

kids are pretty vile. i used to eat dirt and soap, like many others.

i think i annoy my coworkers (i work at a pizzeria) when it is very busy and they need all the help they can get, and i take my sweet time washing my hands at the moment they are signaling at me to help them.

hopefully that is behind you, and you are now an obsessive handwasher, scrubbing to your elbows, getting under the fingernails, knuckle wrinkles and all.

or else i'll find you......and wash your hands! :twisted:

reminds me of:

https://youtu.be/RewGlxH_gc4?

לא לדעת כלום
וזה הכל אהובי, זה הכל.

komamanga
Veteran
Veteran

20 May 2017, 9:37 am

I still don't wash my hands and I'm physically very healthy.

lostonearth35
Veteran
Veteran

20 May 2017, 10:15 pm

I think people are actually too clean now, so they have less resistance to illness, and that's why so many people these have asthma and debilitating allergies and can't eat normal food. But thanks to the fear mongers and ads for germ-killing household products mothers everywhere live in terror that if a speck of dirt gets on their kid they're a terrible parent (although many ads for laundry detergent *encourage* getting dirty!). It's like you can't let your kids get sick ever or you're a bad parent, and not only do you have to see your kid suffer but they miss school which means they'll end up having to go to a third-rate college and be nothing but a bum, and parents miss work taking care of them which means they get demoted or fired because all bosses are evil. :roll:

When I was a kid I was usually pretty healthy except for my ears, and washing your hands was not as big of a deal back then, although they did encourage hand-washing after going to the bathroom or if they got visibly dirty. And when my mom was a kid I don't think germs existed yet. :lol:

FandomConnection
Veteran
Veteran

21 May 2017, 12:58 am

I always washed my hands. Not washing my hands makes me feel uncomfortable.

fakkau89
Raven
Raven

21 May 2017, 2:03 am

I had like ocd with washing my hands...always. always...

TheSilentOne
Veteran
Veteran

21 May 2017, 4:01 pm

I've always been a bit of an obsessive hand-washer. I would wash my hands every hour and couldn't stand them not being clean. I still wash them a lot (not just after using the restroom) and I sanitize regularly.

IstominFan
Veteran
Veteran

21 May 2017, 7:43 pm

I am obsessive about washing my hands. I never know who touched the books at the library where I work and what kind of gross stuff may be on them. Also, people pee around the book drop area. Really gross!

Sweetleaf
Veteran
Veteran

21 May 2017, 8:23 pm

fifasy wrote:
When I was a pre-teen and a teenager I would have a wee or even defecate without using soap or liquid soap afterwards. I often didn't even wash my hands with water. I never got ill much and was a healthy child. Anyone else had similarly unconventional hygiene?

Well I still don't always keep up with washing my hands after everything, I wash them if they are dirty and since I have gotten dreads even more frequently because when I palm roll them(when you take it and roll it around in your palms to help them form and/or stick together)I don't want to get gunk from my hands in them. But yeah I don't really get sick all that often and when I do it's usually just a minor cold with chest congestion which is just gross but not really dehabilitating. On occasion I might get sick with a fever but that occurred more often when I was a child and got strep throat a lot up until I was seven and the time I got chicken pocks. At that time it seems like the common belief was you want to get that as a child because then you get immunity, apparently it's worse if you get it as an adult but not sure if that is the current view on it.