Page 1 of 1 [ 16 posts ] 

Kitty4670
Veteran
Veteran

19 May 2017, 2:58 pm

There been alot of animals in my town, there been coyotes, squirrels, alot of bears, 2 or 3 deers (one was a buck) ducks. I seen peacocks over 5 years ago & I wasn't at the zoo.

IdahoRose
Veteran
Veteran

19 May 2017, 3:06 pm

I've seen:

Squirrels, foxes, raccoons, crows, ravens, ducks, geese, deer, hummingbirds, frogs, toads, garter snakes, and yellow bellied marmots (we call 'em "rock chucks").

The only one I haven't seen in my own back yard was, surprisingly, geese.

IstominFan
Veteran
Veteran

19 May 2017, 7:48 pm

Feral cats, opossums, raccoons, birds, neighbors dogs and cats and lizards. I have never seen a skunk, but certainly have smelled the odor of skunk a number of times when I went outside.

BTDT
Veteran
Veteran

19 May 2017, 7:54 pm

Turkeys, hawks, owls, American Bittern, opossum, skunks, great blue herons, seagulls, killdeer, chipmunks, squirrels, groundhogs, woodpeckers, deer, frogs, fish, and field mice.

Lintar
Veteran
Veteran

19 May 2017, 8:18 pm

Where I live we see a lot of (dead) kangaroos on the road. Horses, cows, farm animals everywhere. I guess it helps that I live in the country.

Raleigh
Veteran
Veteran

19 May 2017, 9:02 pm

Snakes, frill necked lizards, goannas, kangaroos, emus, dingos, kookaburras, sea eagles, herons, willy wagtails, possums, echidnas, guinea fowl, scrub turkeys, quarrians, cockatoos, galahs.....

Kiprobalhato
Veteran
Veteran

20 May 2017, 1:23 am

deer and coyote(s?) used to come down into the city from die mountains due to lack of water up there during the drought.

i hope these last winter's rains have been enough to finally make them f**k back off to where they came from, damnit.

לא לדעת כלום
וזה הכל אהובי, זה הכל.

nick007
Veteran
Veteran

Location: was Louisiana but now Vermont in the police state called USA

20 May 2017, 5:14 pm

I lived in a rural town on a major highway inbetween a city & a big town so I haven't seen really big animals except horses & that was because the guy behind us has em. Some of the animals I've seen are :arrow:
squirrels, possums, armadillos, cats, dogs, snakes, lots of insects/bugs, crawfish, birds, lizards, geckos, frogs, rabbits, to name afew.

"Hear all, trust nothing"
~Ferengi Rule Of Acquisition #190
https://memory-alpha.fandom.com/wiki/Ru ... cquisition

Kiriae
Veteran
Veteran

21 May 2017, 7:19 am

Uncommon ones:
Bats, squirrels, viper snake (fortunately it heard me in advance and escaped, it's venomous and aggressive when you get too close), yellow-temples snake/lizard (it lived in my garden for a while), slow-worm snake/lizard, a lot of sand lizards, hummingbird hawk-moth (both form adult and larvae), dragonflies, cossus-cossus larvae.

Very uncommon ones:
Some kind of big snake(it was at least 1,5m long and an arm wide) - and we don't have any snakes that size in Poland, especially in my area. We do have Zamenis longissimus but they are further south and they don't seem that big in the internet photos.
It was "sitting" with head over high grass(grass about 80cm high) and at first I though the head is a dogs tail but then the snake moved to the patch I was walking and I realized it is actually a huge snake. So I escaped.
I still don't know what snake it was but later the very same day they brought some foreign snakes to our school as a show up so perhaps one of their snakes escaped and went to the grassland near my house and they wouldn't mention it?

Aristophanes
Veteran
Veteran

21 May 2017, 7:35 am

The most common animals I see in town are humans...

lostonearth35
Veteran
Veteran

21 May 2017, 1:35 pm

I see plenty of cats and dogs, seagulls, pigeons, crows, and there are lots of mallard ducks at the park ponds. Sometimes I've seen horses because there's a race track somewhere. I very rarely see reptiles and amphibians these days except in pet stores, but one summer when I was out walking I saw a small snake that was just lying on some concrete, soaking up the sun. There's a walking trail through some woods down the road where I've seen plenty of little red squirrels. There's a wildlife park not far from the city where you can see cougars and bobcats and bald eagles and owls and bears and raccoons and foxes and porcupines and coyotes and deer. If you're really lucky, you might see a moose. They also have a farm and petting zoo where there are horses and sheep and chickens and waterfowl and llamas, and they have domestic rabbits and even peacocks. I usually take a trip there once every summer.

This_Amoeba
Veteran
Veteran

21 May 2017, 1:57 pm

I live on the upper southeast coast. I've seen lizards and toads, foxes, lots of squirrels, many aquatic birds, small snakes. The weirdest thing I've saw was a baby alligator in the marsh. It was definitely out of place.

whatamievendoing
Veteran
Veteran

21 May 2017, 2:07 pm

Only animals I've seen in my current area of residence have been squirrels and different types of birds.

ltcvnzl
Veteran
Veteran

21 May 2017, 2:14 pm

when I used to live in Rio de Janeiro I would see many capybaras :D

Kitty4670
Veteran
Veteran

21 May 2017, 6:24 pm

I forgot I seen a bat, I was at a restaurant with my sister, my nephew & my mom & a bat was flying around in the restaurant.

Skilpadde
Veteran
Veteran

23 May 2017, 7:50 am

Besides pets and farm and zoo or circus animals:

Butterflies, moths, harvestmen, dragonflies, flies, beetles, ants, wasps, bees, bumble bees, grasshopper, earwigs, centipedes, earthworms. Probably more bugs too that didn't come to mind right now.
Pigeons, magpies, crows, mallards, Canada geese, seagulls, sparrows, thrushes, heard but didn't see a woodpecker.
Badgers, red foxes, mice, hedgehogs, squirrels, bats.
Grass snake

love you and miss you, dear boy

Stop the wolf kills! https://www.thepetitionsite.com/takeact ... 3091429765