Let us all poop in the bushes instead of in the water. The s

Page 1 of 3 [ 39 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next

GnosticBishop
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 3 Nov 2014
Gender: Male
Posts: 1,219

19 May 2017, 4:20 pm

Let us all poop in the bushes instead of in the water. The sea, our primary food source, will thank us.

All human waste should be used to make arable land instead of killing our primary food and cooling source. The sea.

Funny as it may sound, the wold has been producing arable land from animal waste forever. We lose that benefit by pumping our human waste into the sea.

A sea that will cost us trillions and impoverish many in the next 25 years, as it rises and forces us to spend trillions on infrastructure.

Add in the trillions that the wars that famines create and you have a depression style of life. All in the next 25 odd years. Happy days?

And all of this happens as the world population increases to its estimated plateau of 10 billion people, who will need to burn even more fossil fuels and add even more to global weather carnage.

I think we all suffer from a case of collective insanity.

A good reversal of that would be a collective protecting of our primary food source and create more arable land to feed the hordes of bodies that we will have to sustain. Human food needs fertilizing and human waste makes a great fertilizer after it becomes arable land.

Let us all poop in the bushes instead of in the water. I mean pump our sewage onto land of course.

This links leads to a longer one that all should view.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dSjE8xw_-Dg

Regards
DL



DarthMetaKnight
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 16 Feb 2010
Gender: Male
Posts: 2,375
Location: Cosmic Horror Story

19 May 2017, 4:45 pm

This is actually a really good idea.


_________________
Synthetic carbo-polymers got em through man. They got em through mouse. They got through, and we're gonna get out.
-Roostre

Exxon Mobil delenda est


naturalplastic
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 26 Aug 2010
Age: 62
Gender: Male
Posts: 14,776
Location: temperate zone

19 May 2017, 5:38 pm

If you mean literally "poop in the bushes" that is a very bad idea. If you don't believe me just go to India where that's exactly what they do and its destroying the health of the nation.

If you mean in an indirect way-like composting -and then spreading "night soil" on farmland -that's an old idea. But there is no reason not to revive it ASFIK. That's what they do in China. What they used to do in America. And some American farmers still use animal manure as fertilizer.

But on the other hand why not keep on flushing it out to sea? The sea is also an ecosystem that recycles organic waste just like land ecosystems. So flushing it out to sea just means that there is more nutrients for the plant plankton to absorb, and to grow with, which inturn means more food for animal plankton, and for krill, and sardines (and on up the marine food chain to tunas, and Whales, and the human fishing industry).



GnosticBishop
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 3 Nov 2014
Gender: Male
Posts: 1,219

19 May 2017, 6:07 pm

DarthMetaKnight wrote:
This is actually a really good idea.


Yes, but only the astute see it so far and that is not the majority unfortunately.

When are feet are to the environmental fire, they will be crying about how foolish they have been.

Regards
DL



GnosticBishop
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 3 Nov 2014
Gender: Male
Posts: 1,219

19 May 2017, 6:12 pm

naturalplastic wrote:
If you mean literally "poop in the bushes" that is a very bad idea. If you don't believe me just go to India where that's exactly what they do and its destroying the health of the nation.

If you mean in an indirect way-like composting -and then spreading "night soil" on farmland -that's an old idea. But there is no reason not to revive it ASFIK. That's what they do in China. What they used to do in America. And some American farmers still use animal manure as fertilizer.

But on the other hand why not keep on flushing it out to sea? The sea is also an ecosystem that recycles organic waste just like land ecosystems. So flushing it out to sea just means that there is more nutrients for the plant plankton to absorb, and to grow with, which inturn means more food for animal plankton, and for krill, and sardines (and on up the marine food chain to tunas, and Whales, and the human fishing industry).


Follow that link to see what they say about all the species we are fishing to extinction and what our flushed pharmaceuticals are doing to sex change fish from female to male.

We are in an species extinction time and to continue to do as we are doing and expecting things to get better is insane.

If you follow that link, you will see that is our beef eating and other farming practices that are pushing our environment to it's breaking point. Time is shorter than you think.

Regards
DL



the_phoenix
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 30 Jan 2008
Gender: Female
Posts: 1,955
Location: up from the ashes

19 May 2017, 6:51 pm

GnosticBishop wrote:
DarthMetaKnight wrote:
This is actually a really good idea.


Yes, but only the astute see it so far and that is not the majority unfortunately.

When are feet are to the environmental fire, they will be crying about how foolish they have been.

Regards
DL


So, have you taken your own advice and pooped in the bushes yet?



GnosticBishop
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 3 Nov 2014
Gender: Male
Posts: 1,219

19 May 2017, 7:25 pm

the_phoenix wrote:
GnosticBishop wrote:
DarthMetaKnight wrote:
This is actually a really good idea.


Yes, but only the astute see it so far and that is not the majority unfortunately.

When are feet are to the environmental fire, they will be crying about how foolish they have been.

Regards
DL


So, have you taken your own advice and pooped in the bushes yet?


Do you want a video?

News at 11.

Regards
DL



the_phoenix
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 30 Jan 2008
Gender: Female
Posts: 1,955
Location: up from the ashes

19 May 2017, 7:28 pm

GnosticBishop wrote:
the_phoenix wrote:
GnosticBishop wrote:
DarthMetaKnight wrote:
This is actually a really good idea.


Yes, but only the astute see it so far and that is not the majority unfortunately.

When are feet are to the environmental fire, they will be crying about how foolish they have been.

Regards
DL


So, have you taken your own advice and pooped in the bushes yet?


Do you want a video?

News at 11.

Regards
DL


I'll take that as a no, you haven't followed your own advice to save the planet.



DarthMetaKnight
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 16 Feb 2010
Gender: Male
Posts: 2,375
Location: Cosmic Horror Story

19 May 2017, 8:24 pm

the_phoenix wrote:
GnosticBishop wrote:
the_phoenix wrote:
GnosticBishop wrote:
DarthMetaKnight wrote:
This is actually a really good idea.


Yes, but only the astute see it so far and that is not the majority unfortunately.

When are feet are to the environmental fire, they will be crying about how foolish they have been.

Regards
DL




Do you want a video?

News at 11.

Regards
DL


I'll take that as a no, you haven't followed your own advice to save the planet.


_________________
Synthetic carbo-polymers got em through man. They got em through mouse. They got through, and we're gonna get out.
-Roostre

Exxon Mobil delenda est


Last edited by B19 on 19 May 2017, 10:51 pm, edited 2 times in total.: namecalling

Chronos
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 22 Apr 2010
Age: 37
Gender: Female
Posts: 6,353

19 May 2017, 10:32 pm

GnosticBishop wrote:
Let us all poop in the bushes instead of in the water. The sea, our primary food source, will thank us.

All human waste should be used to make arable land instead of killing our primary food and cooling source. The sea.

Funny as it may sound, the wold has been producing arable land from animal waste forever. We lose that benefit by pumping our human waste into the sea.

A sea that will cost us trillions and impoverish many in the next 25 years, as it rises and forces us to spend trillions on infrastructure.

Add in the trillions that the wars that famines create and you have a depression style of life. All in the next 25 odd years. Happy days?

And all of this happens as the world population increases to its estimated plateau of 10 billion people, who will need to burn even more fossil fuels and add even more to global weather carnage.

I think we all suffer from a case of collective insanity.

A good reversal of that would be a collective protecting of our primary food source and create more arable land to feed the hordes of bodies that we will have to sustain. Human food needs fertilizing and human waste makes a great fertilizer after it becomes arable land.

Let us all poop in the bushes instead of in the water. I mean pump our sewage onto land of course.

This links leads to a longer one that all should view.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dSjE8xw_-Dg

Regards
DL


I'm not a sewage treatment expert, but it's my understanding that the current modern sewage treatment process sanitizes the sewage to remove pathogens, and separates out the solids for various industrial uses, and either sends the treated water out to the ocean or redirects it for watering city plants or, in some cases, it's sufficiently sanitized for drinking. My previous city used reclaimed water to water plants.

I would not advise placing raw sewage on dry land as raw sewage contains many pathogens that can contaminate the water supply or crops. For example, hepatitis A and B outbreaks are usually traced to human fecal contamination of soil used to grow crops, and the cholera outbreak in Haiti was caused by water supply contamination of raw sewage from infected relief workers from Nepal.



techstepgenr8tion
SomeRandomGuy
SomeRandomGuy

User avatar

Joined: 6 Feb 2005
Age: 37
Gender: Male
Posts: 17,556
Location: In my workshop drafting non-shiny things.

19 May 2017, 11:44 pm

GB I see you've moved on to topics that you have some expertise in. Thank you.


_________________
Amphibologies are. The cat's pajamas.


GnosticBishop
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 3 Nov 2014
Gender: Male
Posts: 1,219

20 May 2017, 4:48 pm

Chronos wrote:
GnosticBishop wrote:
Let us all poop in the bushes instead of in the water. The sea, our primary food source, will thank us.

All human waste should be used to make arable land instead of killing our primary food and cooling source. The sea.

Funny as it may sound, the wold has been producing arable land from animal waste forever. We lose that benefit by pumping our human waste into the sea.

A sea that will cost us trillions and impoverish many in the next 25 years, as it rises and forces us to spend trillions on infrastructure.

Add in the trillions that the wars that famines create and you have a depression style of life. All in the next 25 odd years. Happy days?

And all of this happens as the world population increases to its estimated plateau of 10 billion people, who will need to burn even more fossil fuels and add even more to global weather carnage.

I think we all suffer from a case of collective insanity.

A good reversal of that would be a collective protecting of our primary food source and create more arable land to feed the hordes of bodies that we will have to sustain. Human food needs fertilizing and human waste makes a great fertilizer after it becomes arable land.

Let us all poop in the bushes instead of in the water. I mean pump our sewage onto land of course.

This links leads to a longer one that all should view.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dSjE8xw_-Dg

Regards
DL


I'm not a sewage treatment expert, but it's my understanding that the current modern sewage treatment process sanitizes the sewage to remove pathogens, and separates out the solids for various industrial uses, and either sends the treated water out to the ocean or redirects it for watering city plants or, in some cases, it's sufficiently sanitized for drinking. My previous city used reclaimed water to water plants.

I would not advise placing raw sewage on dry land as raw sewage contains many pathogens that can contaminate the water supply or crops. For example, hepatitis A and B outbreaks are usually traced to human fecal contamination of soil used to grow crops, and the cholera outbreak in Haiti was caused by water supply contamination of raw sewage from infected relief workers from Nepal.


Some treatment might precede pumping to our arable land stations but those costs would be a lot less than what we do now.

If you followed that link, you will know how minor my solution to just of many problems we must face soon if we want to give our children a decent environment to live in.

If I recall correctly, they estimate that, due to the huge amount of potable water for beef as well as our other livestock animals, will cause severe shortages in about 17 years.

My using poop was just poetic licence and a hook for that link.

Regards
DL



GnosticBishop
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 3 Nov 2014
Gender: Male
Posts: 1,219

20 May 2017, 4:49 pm

techstepgenr8tion wrote:
GB I see you've moved on to topics that you have some expertise in. Thank you.


Thanks for showing us what is in your mouth and brain.

Regards
DL



techstepgenr8tion
SomeRandomGuy
SomeRandomGuy

User avatar

Joined: 6 Feb 2005
Age: 37
Gender: Male
Posts: 17,556
Location: In my workshop drafting non-shiny things.

20 May 2017, 7:20 pm

Anytime. :)


_________________
Amphibologies are. The cat's pajamas.


Chronos
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 22 Apr 2010
Age: 37
Gender: Female
Posts: 6,353

20 May 2017, 9:33 pm

GnosticBishop wrote:
Chronos wrote:
GnosticBishop wrote:
Let us all poop in the bushes instead of in the water. The sea, our primary food source, will thank us.

All human waste should be used to make arable land instead of killing our primary food and cooling source. The sea.

Funny as it may sound, the wold has been producing arable land from animal waste forever. We lose that benefit by pumping our human waste into the sea.

A sea that will cost us trillions and impoverish many in the next 25 years, as it rises and forces us to spend trillions on infrastructure.

Add in the trillions that the wars that famines create and you have a depression style of life. All in the next 25 odd years. Happy days?

And all of this happens as the world population increases to its estimated plateau of 10 billion people, who will need to burn even more fossil fuels and add even more to global weather carnage.

I think we all suffer from a case of collective insanity.

A good reversal of that would be a collective protecting of our primary food source and create more arable land to feed the hordes of bodies that we will have to sustain. Human food needs fertilizing and human waste makes a great fertilizer after it becomes arable land.

Let us all poop in the bushes instead of in the water. I mean pump our sewage onto land of course.

This links leads to a longer one that all should view.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dSjE8xw_-Dg

Regards
DL


I'm not a sewage treatment expert, but it's my understanding that the current modern sewage treatment process sanitizes the sewage to remove pathogens, and separates out the solids for various industrial uses, and either sends the treated water out to the ocean or redirects it for watering city plants or, in some cases, it's sufficiently sanitized for drinking. My previous city used reclaimed water to water plants.

I would not advise placing raw sewage on dry land as raw sewage contains many pathogens that can contaminate the water supply or crops. For example, hepatitis A and B outbreaks are usually traced to human fecal contamination of soil used to grow crops, and the cholera outbreak in Haiti was caused by water supply contamination of raw sewage from infected relief workers from Nepal.


Some treatment might precede pumping to our arable land stations but those costs would be a lot less than what we do now.

If you followed that link, you will know how minor my solution to just of many problems we must face soon if we want to give our children a decent environment to live in.

If I recall correctly, they estimate that, due to the huge amount of potable water for beef as well as our other livestock animals, will cause severe shortages in about 17 years.

My using poop was just poetic licence and a hook for that link.

Regards
DL


In some areas, "composting toilets" are a solution to water scarcity problems. This is the case on the island of Tuvalu where all of their fresh water comes from rainfall, and they have been prone to droughts recently.