Let us all poop in the bushes instead of in the water. The s

Page 1 of 3 [ 39 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next

GnosticBishop
Veteran
Veteran

19 May 2017, 4:20 pm

Let us all poop in the bushes instead of in the water. The sea, our primary food source, will thank us.

All human waste should be used to make arable land instead of killing our primary food and cooling source. The sea.

Funny as it may sound, the wold has been producing arable land from animal waste forever. We lose that benefit by pumping our human waste into the sea.

A sea that will cost us trillions and impoverish many in the next 25 years, as it rises and forces us to spend trillions on infrastructure.

Add in the trillions that the wars that famines create and you have a depression style of life. All in the next 25 odd years. Happy days?

And all of this happens as the world population increases to its estimated plateau of 10 billion people, who will need to burn even more fossil fuels and add even more to global weather carnage.

I think we all suffer from a case of collective insanity.

A good reversal of that would be a collective protecting of our primary food source and create more arable land to feed the hordes of bodies that we will have to sustain. Human food needs fertilizing and human waste makes a great fertilizer after it becomes arable land.

Let us all poop in the bushes instead of in the water. I mean pump our sewage onto land of course.

This links leads to a longer one that all should view.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dSjE8xw_-Dg

Regards
DL

DarthMetaKnight
Veteran
Veteran

19 May 2017, 4:45 pm

This is actually a really good idea.

READ THIS -> https://represent.us/

naturalplastic
Veteran
Veteran

19 May 2017, 5:38 pm

If you mean literally "poop in the bushes" that is a very bad idea. If you don't believe me just go to India where that's exactly what they do and its destroying the health of the nation.

If you mean in an indirect way-like composting -and then spreading "night soil" on farmland -that's an old idea. But there is no reason not to revive it ASFIK. That's what they do in China. What they used to do in America. And some American farmers still use animal manure as fertilizer.

But on the other hand why not keep on flushing it out to sea? The sea is also an ecosystem that recycles organic waste just like land ecosystems. So flushing it out to sea just means that there is more nutrients for the plant plankton to absorb, and to grow with, which inturn means more food for animal plankton, and for krill, and sardines (and on up the marine food chain to tunas, and Whales, and the human fishing industry).

GnosticBishop
Veteran
Veteran

19 May 2017, 6:07 pm

DarthMetaKnight wrote:

Yes, but only the astute see it so far and that is not the majority unfortunately.

When are feet are to the environmental fire, they will be crying about how foolish they have been.

Regards
DL

GnosticBishop
Veteran
Veteran

19 May 2017, 6:12 pm

naturalplastic wrote:
If you mean literally "poop in the bushes" that is a very bad idea. If you don't believe me just go to India where that's exactly what they do and its destroying the health of the nation.

If you mean in an indirect way-like composting -and then spreading "night soil" on farmland -that's an old idea. But there is no reason not to revive it ASFIK. That's what they do in China. What they used to do in America. And some American farmers still use animal manure as fertilizer.

But on the other hand why not keep on flushing it out to sea? The sea is also an ecosystem that recycles organic waste just like land ecosystems. So flushing it out to sea just means that there is more nutrients for the plant plankton to absorb, and to grow with, which inturn means more food for animal plankton, and for krill, and sardines (and on up the marine food chain to tunas, and Whales, and the human fishing industry).

Follow that link to see what they say about all the species we are fishing to extinction and what our flushed pharmaceuticals are doing to sex change fish from female to male.

We are in an species extinction time and to continue to do as we are doing and expecting things to get better is insane.

If you follow that link, you will see that is our beef eating and other farming practices that are pushing our environment to it's breaking point. Time is shorter than you think.

Regards
DL

the_phoenix
Veteran
Veteran

19 May 2017, 6:51 pm

GnosticBishop wrote:
DarthMetaKnight wrote:

Yes, but only the astute see it so far and that is not the majority unfortunately.

When are feet are to the environmental fire, they will be crying about how foolish they have been.

Regards
DL

So, have you taken your own advice and pooped in the bushes yet?

GnosticBishop
Veteran
Veteran

19 May 2017, 7:25 pm

the_phoenix wrote:
GnosticBishop wrote:
DarthMetaKnight wrote:

Regards
DL

Do you want a video?

News at 11.

Regards
DL

the_phoenix
Veteran
Veteran

19 May 2017, 7:28 pm

GnosticBishop wrote:
the_phoenix wrote:
GnosticBishop wrote:
DarthMetaKnight wrote:

Regards
DL

Do you want a video?

News at 11.

Regards
DL

I'll take that as a no, you haven't followed your own advice to save the planet.

DarthMetaKnight
Veteran
Veteran

19 May 2017, 8:24 pm

the_phoenix wrote:
GnosticBishop wrote:
the_phoenix wrote:
GnosticBishop wrote:
DarthMetaKnight wrote:

Regards
DL

Do you want a video?

News at 11.

Regards
DL

I'll take that as a no, you haven't followed your own advice to save the planet.

READ THIS -> https://represent.us/

Last edited by B19 on 19 May 2017, 10:51 pm, edited 2 times in total.: namecalling

Chronos
Veteran
Veteran

19 May 2017, 10:32 pm

GnosticBishop wrote:
Let us all poop in the bushes instead of in the water. The sea, our primary food source, will thank us.

All human waste should be used to make arable land instead of killing our primary food and cooling source. The sea.

Funny as it may sound, the wold has been producing arable land from animal waste forever. We lose that benefit by pumping our human waste into the sea.

A sea that will cost us trillions and impoverish many in the next 25 years, as it rises and forces us to spend trillions on infrastructure.

Add in the trillions that the wars that famines create and you have a depression style of life. All in the next 25 odd years. Happy days?

And all of this happens as the world population increases to its estimated plateau of 10 billion people, who will need to burn even more fossil fuels and add even more to global weather carnage.

A good reversal of that would be a collective protecting of our primary food source and create more arable land to feed the hordes of bodies that we will have to sustain. Human food needs fertilizing and human waste makes a great fertilizer after it becomes arable land.

Let us all poop in the bushes instead of in the water. I mean pump our sewage onto land of course.

Regards
DL

I'm not a sewage treatment expert, but it's my understanding that the current modern sewage treatment process sanitizes the sewage to remove pathogens, and separates out the solids for various industrial uses, and either sends the treated water out to the ocean or redirects it for watering city plants or, in some cases, it's sufficiently sanitized for drinking. My previous city used reclaimed water to water plants.

I would not advise placing raw sewage on dry land as raw sewage contains many pathogens that can contaminate the water supply or crops. For example, hepatitis A and B outbreaks are usually traced to human fecal contamination of soil used to grow crops, and the cholera outbreak in Haiti was caused by water supply contamination of raw sewage from infected relief workers from Nepal.

techstepgenr8tion
Veteran
Veteran

19 May 2017, 11:44 pm

GB I see you've moved on to topics that you have some expertise in. Thank you.

“Love takes off the masks that we fear we cannot live without and know we cannot live within. I use the word "love" here not merely in the personal sense but as a state of being, or a state of grace - not in the infantile American sense of being made happy but in the tough and universal sense of quest and daring and growth.” - James Baldwin

GnosticBishop
Veteran
Veteran

20 May 2017, 4:48 pm

Chronos wrote:
GnosticBishop wrote:

Regards
DL

I'm not a sewage treatment expert, but it's my understanding that the current modern sewage treatment process sanitizes the sewage to remove pathogens, and separates out the solids for various industrial uses, and either sends the treated water out to the ocean or redirects it for watering city plants or, in some cases, it's sufficiently sanitized for drinking. My previous city used reclaimed water to water plants.

I would not advise placing raw sewage on dry land as raw sewage contains many pathogens that can contaminate the water supply or crops. For example, hepatitis A and B outbreaks are usually traced to human fecal contamination of soil used to grow crops, and the cholera outbreak in Haiti was caused by water supply contamination of raw sewage from infected relief workers from Nepal.

Some treatment might precede pumping to our arable land stations but those costs would be a lot less than what we do now.

If you followed that link, you will know how minor my solution to just of many problems we must face soon if we want to give our children a decent environment to live in.

If I recall correctly, they estimate that, due to the huge amount of potable water for beef as well as our other livestock animals, will cause severe shortages in about 17 years.

My using poop was just poetic licence and a hook for that link.

Regards
DL

GnosticBishop
Veteran
Veteran

20 May 2017, 4:49 pm

techstepgenr8tion wrote:
GB I see you've moved on to topics that you have some expertise in. Thank you.

Thanks for showing us what is in your mouth and brain.

Regards
DL

techstepgenr8tion
Veteran
Veteran

20 May 2017, 7:20 pm

Anytime. :)

“Love takes off the masks that we fear we cannot live without and know we cannot live within. I use the word "love" here not merely in the personal sense but as a state of being, or a state of grace - not in the infantile American sense of being made happy but in the tough and universal sense of quest and daring and growth.” - James Baldwin

Chronos
Veteran
Veteran

20 May 2017, 9:33 pm

GnosticBishop wrote:
Chronos wrote:
GnosticBishop wrote:

Regards
DL

Some treatment might precede pumping to our arable land stations but those costs would be a lot less than what we do now.

If you followed that link, you will know how minor my solution to just of many problems we must face soon if we want to give our children a decent environment to live in.

If I recall correctly, they estimate that, due to the huge amount of potable water for beef as well as our other livestock animals, will cause severe shortages in about 17 years.

My using poop was just poetic licence and a hook for that link.

Regards
DL

In some areas, "composting toilets" are a solution to water scarcity problems. This is the case on the island of Tuvalu where all of their fresh water comes from rainfall, and they have been prone to droughts recently.

Misslizard
Veteran
Veteran

21 May 2017, 10:35 am

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Composting_toilet
Better on the enviroment than a leaky septic tank.
It's not a good idea for waste to be on the water,it also cause algae blooms becuse of the excesse nitrogen.They are cracking down on lake homes in the Ozarks that have bad septic systems.No one wants to swim in a toilet bowl.A few beaches tested high for E. coli and were temporarily closed.
The drugs that people take are also excreted into urine and contaminates water.
You can safely use small amounts of urine as fertilizer ,not on something you'd eat.But a heavy feeder ornamental like a rose bush.Just don't do it in the front yard where people can see.As long as the person dosent have an infection in the urinary tract,urine is basically germ free.Dont apply often in the same place,and water well to prevent odor.We had an outhouse when we first moved here,we applied woodshed to the waste."A scoop whe you poop," or some use lime.No odor,no flies.Not Something I would use in the lettuce bed,but if it was sterilized I wouldn't worry about using it on fruit trees.
I have pooped in the bushes.lol
Always do it off the trail and cover well with leaves or a rock.